FanFic - Other
"Gods, Mortals and Roswell, Oh My!"
Part 2
by Erin
Disclaimer: If I owned 'Roswell,' would I be writing fan fiction? (Hey - I don't own the song 'Angel of Mine' either It's by Monica.)
Summary: This a *very* (I repeat, very) AU fic. Basically, the aliens are gods of the Land of Roswell and the humans all find a way to become intertwined in their lives, in some way or another.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: When Melissa posted this challenge, I couldn't turn it down... Melissa's Godly Challenge
1) Must be a silly fic!
2) One of the Roswellians must be a God (like, a REAL God - as in powers, lives on a cloud, etc. That type of stuff. Whatever you think represents a God.)
3) One of the OTHER Roswellians must be their unwilling love interest (ie, Apollo and Daphne, though it DOESN'T have to be that intense.)
4) Someone must wear a toga and a circlet of laurel leaves, ala the ancient Olympics.
5) Naked Marathon is optional.
So, with this in mind, read on and enjoy! Dedication: Well... this goes to Linque, who beta-ed for me and to the comedic people in my life, who crack me up, from the lunch table to school plays... you know who you are. Muchas gracias!

"Michael, honey," the Goddess of Knowledge sighed, very annoyed with her mischievous fiancee.

No, she hadn't chosen to be engaged to him.

It wasn't her choice at all.

Actually, it was her father's doing and then, she got to become a goddess along with the engagement, and yadda yadda yadda.

If she could have it her way, she would be engaged to the God of Healing.

She groaned.

There would be no way that *could* happen unless her dear Michael chose to marry another.

And every night, she prayed for that before she paid her nightly visit to the God of Healing.

* * * * *

He rolled his eyes as he walked into the room.

What had he done now?

"Why, hello," she said, obviously surprised by his sudden entrance.

"So..."

"I was meaning to talk to you about... the occurrences this morning," she began, obviously annoyed with his childish behavior.

But really, could he help it?

This was his *job,* for crying out loud!

"This morning... what happened this morning?" he asked, feigning innocence.

"You know what happened."

"Really?"

"Don't lie to me. I can see right through you."

"Wow! Guess I've obtained yet another power."

"Now is *not* the time to be a smart alec."

"But..."

"No buts about it. Go into the kitchen right now and help the poor servant boy clean up *your* mess."

He shrugged and twitched his nose, grinning at his little fiancee, who he *really* did not want to marry.

A yell down the hall signified that his powers worked just fine.

He grinned at the woman in front of him.

"All fixed," was all that he said before he strode out of the room to talk to his best friend, the God of Healing.

* * * * *

Max, the God of Healing, was sitting upon the comfortable couch in his room, looking out the large picture window, when the God of Chaos walked into the room, bringing all of his mischievous powers with him.

"Good afternoon, Maxwell," the god said as he approached the other god and sat on the floor next to him.

"So, what trouble did you cause this morning?" Max asked his best friend, a teasing glint in his eyes.

"Actually, nothing really. It's been a pretty boring day. All that I did was pay a visit to my temple down in Roswell," Michael sighed, not wanting Max to question his intentions at the temple, because he really didn't know.

"Why'd you go to the temple?" Max asked, surprise evident in his voice.

Michael sighed.

What was he going to say?

To take some time to breathe?

To see a beautiful mortal girl?

What?

"I don't know, I guess that I just wanted to get away from everything. You know, fiancees and all that jazz"

"Annoyed with her?" the dark-haired god chuckled.

"Hell yes!" he exclaimed. "She's *such* a neat freak."

Maxwell nodded.

"And maybe the worst thing about our relationship is that she doesn't like me stirring up trouble and dammit, that's my power!"

The other god looked at him with soft eyes, filled with sympathy.

"I know your pain."

"Yeah, having the Goddess of Destiny by your side all the time, trying to convince you that you're her destiny, would be pretty annoying."

Max and Michael both started to laugh, unable to contain themselves.

"Why did her dad have to arrange this marriage with the Big Man?" Michael asked.

"I think that her dad just wanted to let her have a better life than he had," Max shrugged.

"Why me?!?"

"That, I have no clue."

"She should be marrying you," the God of Chaos finally concluded.

Max's eyes drifted to the ground and slight blush crept up his cheeks.

"What?"

"Nothing, Michael, nothing at all."

Strange.

It looked like Max had something to tell him.

But he was too...

Embarrassed?

He shrugged and stood up, still confused by the actions of his best friend.

"Later, Maxwell," he called over his shoulder as he walked out of the room.

* * * * *

Down in the land of Roswell, the girl walked home.

Tired and excited, all at the same time, she was attempting to think of an excuse to tell her mother about why she had been at the temple so long.

Could she tell her the truth?

Or would it be better to lie to her and tell her something outrageous that could have happened on her journey to or from the temple?

She shrugged and sighed.

Why her?

* * * * *

The God of Chaos was back in his room... trying to figure out what he could do to create more havoc around the Palace of the Gods.

He'd already been caught once today and he wasn't sure if he wanted to be scolded by his annoying fiancee... again.

Maybe he could go back and visit that human girl. After all, she was pretty entertaining. He might do that. And it would get him out of this prison for a little while, too.

Or maybe he could actually try to get Kyle, the servant boy, fired, once and for all.

Maybe he could just lie around and do nothing.

After a few minutes of contemplation, he decided on the third choice.

He would lie around for the rest of the day and think...

Hey, maybe he would even go back to the Land of Roswell to visit that girl.

He grinned, but it quickly faded when he heard muffled voices coming from behind the locked door of his best friend's room.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.