FanFic - Other
"Family Ties"
Part 2
by Syndee
Disclaimer: The characters belong to The WB.
Summary: The last story in the "Prophecy" series. The Human/Alien Alliance meets with Liz's grandmother's protégé at the reservation and is surprised when the Podsquad is given an opportunity to leave the country by an unexpected source. No spoilers that I'm aware of.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Prerequisites in order: "Treasures Found," (CD After-hrs,) "Tess to TESS," "Reflections," "The Baby Nexus," "Crab Nebula in Taurus," "Purple Passion,"(CD After-hrs,) "Descendants-the Liz/Max Connection," and Nih-Hi-Cho."
Isabel snaps her cell phone closed. "There's no answer at my house or my dad's office and my father never turns on his cell phone."

Maria holds her cell phone up to emphasize that she can't reach Liz either. "It's only 7:39. The plan is for her to turn her phone on at 8:00, remember."

"Should I call my dad?" Kyle looks to Michael for advice.

"Let's not panic. There has to be a reasonable explanation for this." Michael runs his hands through his hair and lets out a heavy sigh. "Isabel, you said yourself that you didn't feel that John Nez was a threat."

"I know, but I feel that something big is going on and that my father is involved somehow. Michael we have to go there, now." Isabel is already heading towards Sondra's car when she pauses to look over her shoulder, "Are you guys coming or not?"

They are all motionless for a moment before springing into action and following in the determined girl's wake.

The usually cautious members of the Human/Alien Alliance throw caution to the wind as they speed the short distance to the reservation where Eddie and several other men from the reservation meet them.

The girls hover behind Michael, Alex and Kyle as Michael confronts Eddie.

"Eddie, I need to know where Max is meeting with a man named John Nez?" Michael demands of the young man, who up until this moment has been considered a friend.

"He didn't mention that you guys were coming." Eddie looks from Michael to the others and lets his gaze return to the taller formidable presence.

Michael's determined stare does not waver as the two men face off. "He didn't know we were coming, but we're here now and we need to know where he is."

Michael takes a threatening step towards Eddie and the other men respond by also stepping forward.

Eddie looks to the men and dismisses them with a nod of his head and they scatter to parts unknown.

"They're at the schoolhouse." Eddie heads for his truck. "I'll have to take you there because you'll never find it in the dark."

The group returns to their cars and proceed to follow Eddie down the long narrow dirt road leading to the meeting place of Liz, Max and the mysterious John Nez.

It is exactly 8:00 when the four vehicles pull up to the small schoolhouse and park next to Max's Jeep and a late model sedan.

Michael and Kyle hesitate to follow Eddie as he heads towards the back of the building where light can be seen streaming from a window of a classroom.

Eddie stops and looks to the group as he patiently awaits their decision.

"Maybe you guys should wait here. Kyle and I will check it out first and come back for you." Michael addresses everyone but his eyes meet and hold Maria's.

"No Michael. We all go together." Isabel pushes past him and heads towards where Eddie is waiting with his hands in his pockets.

Teresa puts a leash on Mirror and pleads with the small dog to be quiet as she and the others follow Isabel's determined strides towards the small building.

Indistinguishable voices can be heard on their approach to the building and the conversation can be heard to continue up until the time that the door squeaks and the floorboards creak as the group enters the schoolhouse.

"Max, are you in here?" Isabel calls out as she runs toward the source of the light.

Max has been sitting on a desk at the front of the classroom until he hears the panicked voice of his sister. He immediately springs up and runs towards the sound of her voice and encircles her in his arms when they meet in the center of the room.

The rest of the group remain in the back of the classroom as they watch brother and sister embrace.

Max lightly pushes her away from him to look into her tearstained face. "Izzy, what's wrong?"

Isabel looks around Max and towards the front of the classroom where John Nez is seated on a stool a short distance from the desk where Max had been seated earlier.

"Ask him." Isabel points to John as she heads toward the man whom she had "Dream-walked" earlier.

John looks behind him to see if there is possibly someone else in the room that she can be referring too.

"Isabel, What are you talking about?" Liz looks from the distraught girl to her grandmother's protégé.

"Max," she catches her brother's gaze before continuing. "He called Daddy earlier and told him to come out to the reservation because you may need him."

"What?" Max looks to John who suddenly looks nervous and uncomfortable.

John Nez stands up and advances toward the now angry siblings spaying his hands. "I can explain."

"John," the familiar voice has the whole group looking for its owner. "I think I can take it from here." Philip Evans steps from the shadows of a doorway leading from an adjacent room followed closely by his wife.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.