FanFic - Other
"Family Ties"
Part 13
by Syndee
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Jeff Parker looks at his watch when he hears the beeping of the alarm system that indicates that an exterior door or window has been opened. Moments later, Liz enters the living room, followed closely by Max.

Nancy Parker chuckles and points to her watch. "You're cutting it pretty close, Lizzy. Only three minutes to curfew."

Nether parent notices, at first, the sullen face of their daughter or that she hasn't said a word since she entered the room.

Nancy, who had returned to her needlepoint, feels Liz eyes upon her and glances up to see her daughters scowl.

"Liz honey, whats wrong?" Mother's instinct has Nancy springing from her chair and across the room to stand directly in front of Liz.

Liz pulls away when her mother reaches to cup her face. "Grandpa wanted me to have Aisling's necklace. I want it."

Mother and daughter stare at each for a long moment, the rise and fall of their breasts the only indication that they are still breathing.

Max is standing directly behind Liz, his hands in his pants pockets, and his discomfort obvious as he gives Nancy Parker a sympathetic look.

Nancy Parker's voice is devoid of emotion as her chin lifts regally. "I'll get it for you."

Jeff Parker, clueless as to what is going on, but determined to find out, steps in front of his wife and grabs her arm, turning her around and preventing her leaving.

"Nancy?" His eyes meet the cool moist eyes of his wife before he turns to his daughter. "Liz, what is going on here?"

Liz moistens and bites down on her lower lip before looking down and away from her father.

"Max, do you know what this is about?" Jeff Parker asks.

Max moves to stand directly behind Liz. He places his hands on her shoulders as her head falls back against his chest lifting her chin and meeting her father's gaze.

"Mom is the only one who can answer that question, Dad." Liz's eyes narrow as she once again faces her mother's stare.

"Jeff," she gently strokes the side of her husband's face with her free hand. "Let me get the necklace for Liz and we can all sit down and this nightmare can finally end."

The trio watch as she leaves the room. Her departing words piquing their curiosity.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.