FanFic - Other
"Fallen Angels"
"Discussions, Arguments, and Revelations"
Part 2b
by Cotti
Disclaimer: Not mine, I can only play :)
Summary: A new take on Max, Isabel, and Michael's origins.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
2b: Arguing Amongst Ourselves

"See you finally decided to meet me then," Katie grinned as she sat next to Michael. "Do you know yet?" she asked to the three of them.

"Know what?" Max asked, confused.

"Yes," Isabel smiled brightly, memories flooding through her like a tidal wave.

"No," Michael said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Go away," Max said softly, looking at her warily.

"I have nowhere else to go, Maxie, what would you have me do?" she asked.

Maria came over to them, looking tired."Can I get you anything?" she asked, wearily.

"Can I smoke in here?" Katie asked, looking up at the tired waitress.

"No, sorry, you'll have to smoke outside. You want something other than the coke?" she asked again.

"Surprise me," Katie grinned.

Maria shrugged, "Alright," she paused and looked at the rest of them. "Anything for you?"

"Burger, fries, vanilla shake," Isabelle, said, smiling.

"Burger, fries, onion rings, and a coke please," Max said softly, smiling up at the blonde. Maria looked expectantly at Michael, her eyebrows raised.

"What?" he asked harshly, looking up at her coldly, trying desperately to hide the joy he felt just being near her.She sighed, shrugging.

"If you're going to be difficult I can give your table to Liz," she said, irritated. "I'm sure she'll be more than happy to wait on you," she finished, glaring pointedly at Max, "though I keep telling her that you people are so difficult."

"That's not fair, Maria, and you know it," Isabelle said. "Max and Michael are the only difficult ones."

Maria laughed, "sorry Izzy." The blonde smiled, laughing as well.

"Just get spaceboy a soda," Katie said smiling over at the blonde waitress, "unless you're willing to take time out from work to…" she was cut off by a sharp elbow digging into her ribs. "OW!" she squealed, looking over at Michael.

The boy frowned at her. "Shut up, and don't go into my head again."

"What? I'm not allowed to have any fun anymore?" she demanded, laughingslightly.

"He's a jerk," Maria said, "you'll have to get used to it if you hang around Izzy." She turned and left.

Isabel giggled, looking at Michael. "I knew it!" she exclaimed gleefully, her eyes alight."Knew what?"

"You still like her!"

"Of course he does. It comes off him in waves. Only an idiot couldn't tell he's in love with her," Katie grinned.

"What are you talking about?" Max demanded, suddenly angry. "This isn't the time to be acting like a child, Is." He turned to Katie, "look, I don't know who you are, but could you please leave us alone?"

"Max, don't be rude. She knows about us, she's like us," Isabel said softly, touching her brother's hand.

Katie smiled. "I'll leave if you feel the need. I need a cigarette anyway," she stood and left the café, standing outside the door as she lit up a smoke.

Isabel looked at her brother angrily. "You can be a real jerk, you know," she hissed, looking at the odd girl outside.

"How does she know, Is?" Max demanded, completely out of character. "Did you tell her?"

"Christ, you truly are living behind glass, aren't you?" his sister cried, standing and moving towards the door. "She's on our side!" she shouted at him furiously before joining Katie outside the door.

Max looked at Michael, who was gazing off into space."Michael.""What?"

"Who is she, why don't I remember like you and Is?"

"She's Katie," the other boy shrugged. "As for remembering, I guess you just don't want to."

"But the vision I had…"

"Was probably something in your subconscious trying to shake some sense into that goddamned head of yours, Max Evans," Isabelle said, having returned without her brother's knowledge. Michael saw Katie drop her cigarette and come back inside.

"Max, your vision was a summoning of sorts. A warning, telling you that things are coming soon. You live inside a house of glass, and she's terrified to throw stones."

"She? The little girl?" he asked, suddenly forgetting his anger at the strange girl.

"I'd give a name, but I can't," she shrugged. "It seems I can't do a lot of things these days."Isabelle smiled, touching Katie's hand.

"You do enough," she smiled. Katie smiled back, fighting off tears of helplessness.

Maria returned carrying two cokes, a vanilla shake, and a bottle of Tabasco sauce. "Here you go," she smiled, setting them down carefully. "Can I get you a refill?"

"Nah, thank, Ria, I'm fine," Katie said smiling broadly. Maria looked at her strangely. "Katie, can I talk to you?" she asked softly, looking down at the girl wonderingly.

"Sure thing Ria," she smiled enigmatically. She rose and left three confused aliens at the booth.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2c
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.