Fanfic - Other Roswell Stories
"Exchange Your Love"
Part 4
by SilverStar01
Disclaimer: I don't own anything of Roswell.
Summary: Max and Tess are bonding as an exchange student sweeps Liz off her feet.
Category: Other Roswell Stories
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This story is based on some of my personal experiences. Feedback is greatly appreciated!
"One cherry coke, and a Seigourney Weaver. Anything else you want, Isabel?" Liz asked while eyeing Damion who was buying a magazine at a newsstand across the street.

Isabel noticed what Liz was looking at and smiled to herself. "No, thanks. I'm fine." She said before digging into her fries. "Well, actually, some tobasco sauce would be great."

Liz remembered what she was doing and laughed. "Oh, of course. That slipped my mind." Then walked into the kitchen.

Wonder why? Isabel thought to herself, sipping her coke.

Damion walked in and sat down at the counter with his magazine. Liz came back out with Isabel's tobasco sauce, and smiled when she saw Damion. "Here's your tobasco sauce." Liz said happily, placing the bottle in front of Isabel.

"Thanks." Isabel replied, chewing through her burger.

Liz turned around and went up to Damion and asked for his order. When she came back out from the kitchen with his meal, she sat down beside him and they started having a long discussion. They were so into their conversation that they didn't notice Michael storming into the Café and collapse in the seat across from Isabel.

"I can't believe her!" Michael complains, in an angry tone.

Isabel stares at him and then realizes who he was talking about. "Another fight with Maria I gather." She says, pouring more tobasco sauce onto her fries. "What happened this time?"

"Hmm...let's see. Well, first she blames me for trying to humiliate her in public. Then she tells me that I have no compassion and feelings about how other people may think. And just now, she accused me of stalking her."

"And?" Isabel asks, looking up at him.

"And what?" Michael asks innocently.

"There must be something else that's making you this angry."

"No, there isn't."

"You sure?"

"Isabel, I'd think I know what would be making me angry, and there isn't anything else. Well, except for that exchange student from. wherever. I don't trust that guy. All the girls are after him and..."

"Michael, believe me, I don't think Maria's gonna leave you for that guy." Isabel says, looking over at Liz and Damion by the counter. Michael turns his head and sees Liz laughing, while Damion pointed to a picture in the magazine.

"It looks like Liz is really getting along with that guy, isn't she?" Michael asks, relaxing a little. "Does Max know about this?"

"Max is oblivious to everything going on around him, except when it involves Liz. So, yes, of course he knows." Isabel said taking the last bite of her burger.

"What do you think he's gonna do?" Michael asks. "Frankly, I don't even care what my brother does. If he's with Tess, he's with Tess. If he still loves Liz, then he still loves Liz. It's his social life, and his problems, not mine." Isabel says, getting up from her seat, putting on her jacket. "You mind paying? I didn't bring my wallet."

(Sigh) "Sure." Michael leaves some money on the table and walks out the door behind Isabel, taking one last look at Liz and Damion.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You were right. Those burgers weren't as good as the ones at the Crash Down." Max says, pulling his jacket over his shoulders as he and Tess walk out from McDonald's and into his jeep.

"Told you. Ugh. I even had to go up there twice to remind them to put pickles in my burger." Tess complained, dropping her purse in the back seat.

"Yeah, well. We learned our lesson. No more fast food after school. Too depressing." Max pulls the jeep out of the parking lot and drives down the road.

Tess turns on the radio and turns up the volume. The sun was starting to set as the wind blew through her blonde curls. "Where are we going now?" She asks, looking at Max.

"Do you mind if I drop you off?" Max asks.

"No, problem. I'm really tired anyway." Tess says, a little upset that she couldn't spend more time with him.

"Yeah, me too." Max replies.

They drove in silence, as the two listened to the music streaming through the speakers. The streetlights had just come on, when Max pulled up onto Tess's driveway.

"See you tomorrow." Max watches Tess get out of the jeep.

"Yeah. Good night Max." Tess walks up the walkway and stops when she gets to the front door. She looks back, in time to see Max pull out of her driveway and drive down the road, in the opposite direction.

On the way home, Max decided to check on Liz at the Crash Down. By then, it was already dark, and the moon had come out, aiding the small town lights, glisten the streets. Max parks the jeep on the side of the road and walks down the sidewalk, towards the main door of the Café when Damion walks out from the Crash Down saying goodbye to Liz. Max suddenly felt jealous, but just stood there and watches as Damion started walking towards him.

"Oh, hi Max." Damion greeted, smiling.

Max was surprised at how thick his accent was, since he rarely ever talked to him. "Hey, Damion." Max smiles, feeling a little guilty for trying to hate this guy, who only wanted to be nice and make friends. He was an exchange student after all, and eventually he'd leave, so Max had nothing to be upset about. Until Liz came running out, after Damion holding a bag in her hand.

"Damion! You forgot this." Liz held up the bag and smiled.

"Oh, thanks. I wouldn't want to forget about these cookies your mom made. They're too good." Damion takes the bag and smiles back.

Liz hadn't even noticed that Max was there, until he started fidgeting a little, from the unsettling feeling in his stomach. He really didn't want to see Liz so happy being around Damion. It made him uncomfortable seeing them together, all the time.

"See you tomorrow at school?" Max suddenly croaks out, looking at his feet. He did his best to hide his face in the shadows, so Liz couldn't see how hurt he was. He dug his hands deeper into his pockets, waiting for the two to pay their attention back to him.

"Yeah, I'll see you in English tomorrow. Night Liz. Bye Max." Damion smiles one last time before walking down the rest of the sidewalk and turn at the traffic light, his magazine rolled up in the back pocket of his jeans.

Liz watches him leave, while Max just stood there, waiting. "So, he's a pretty cool guy huh?" Max asks, a little shy.

"Um...yeah. He is pretty cool." Liz replies, now looking at Max. "Do you want to come in? I can keep the Café opened late while you're here." She offered, while wondering where Tess was.

"Oh, no thanks. I just finished eating at McDonald's with." Max decided not to mention Tess and took a step closer to Liz, so that the street lamp was shining on his face. "I just wanted to see how you were doing. I mean, we haven't talked in a while."

"Oh, well, I'm great." Liz answers smiling. "What about you?"

"I'm fine."

An uncomfortable silence wavered between them as both of them stood there, 3 feet apart, and staring at their feet. They had nothing further to say, for they knew that if they started talking about their new relationships, the confrontation would end horrendously.

"Anyway, um...I'd better get home. Homework and stuff." Max said, unsure of what Liz's reaction would be.

"Yeah, same here. Well, good night."

"Good night, Liz" Max watches as Liz smiles and heads back inside of the Café. He sighs and turns towards his jeep, reluctantly dragging himself onto the driver's seat and starts the ignition. Max looks back at the Crash Down and pulls out onto the street. Liz watches from her window and sighs deeply. She closes her eyes and dreams of when this would all end and she could finally get back to peace, to be with Max. But now, a face popped up in her head, Damion's. Why do these things only happen to me?

Part 3 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.