FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 5
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Maria pulled into a parking spot and shut off the car. She breathed a small sigh of relief that Tess had decided not to come. She didn't know how she' d explain why she needed to buy a pregnancy test. Chances are Taye knew nothing about them so her secret was safe.

"Are you all right?" Taye asked. He'd been watching Maria since they'd left the apartment and she seemed on edge. Like something was bothering her.

Maria forced a smile as she looked at Taye. "Yeah," She began. "I guess I just don't feel really good today. Must be the weather." As soon as she'd said that, she regretted it. How could it be the weather? It was beautiful, sunny and warm. Nothing bad about it at all.

Taye smiled. "Must be."

They got out of the car and went into the store. Taye headed towards the grocery section while Maria found the isle she was looking for.

"Oh My Gosh!" She said aloud. How many different pregnancy tests were there? She continued down the isle. She counted ten different versions. How was she going to ever pick just one? She didn't want to stand around too long in the isle for fear of being recognized. After a second glance over the ten brands, she finally decided on one and went to find Taye.

"Find something good?" She asked, coming up to him from behind.

He spun around. "A little. Get what you came for?"

Maria blushed. "Yeah." Was all she could say.

"Good." Taye Smiled. "Now you can help me finish shopping. I don't really know what Michael and Tess like to eat yet. I know I've lived here for almost 6 months but still.there are some things I haven't learned yet."

Maria laughed. "You know, I've known Michael for four years and there are still a lot of things I don't know about him."

"Really?" Taye asked surprised.

"Yeah, I mean, he's really hard to get to open up." Maria explained.

"I thought it was just me." He said.

"Nope, he rarely lets anyone in." Maria smiled. "Unless your as great as I am. Then he'll let you in in a heartbeat."

"You guys are really lucky to have each other." Taye said, looking away.

Maria touched his arm. "You'll find someone soon. I mean, haven't you kinda been seeing Pam Troy?"

Taye let out a laugh. "Kinda, but Pam Troy is NOT who I want to be with. She's too stuck on herself."

"There is someone out there who is perfect for you." Maria continued. "She 'll surprise you when you least expect it. Probably in the least expected place. I know I sure didn't expect to fall for Michael Guerin. But you know what? I am so glad I did."

Taye smiled. He was happy that she was happy. They continued shopping in silence. By the time they'd finished the cart was full.

"Are you ready?" Taye asked, pushing the cart towards the front.

"Yeah, I promised Isabel I'd meet her at my house. By the time I get you home she'll be there." Maria said.

"Why don't you let me go ahead and buy your thing. You only have one item." He said.

"NO!" Maria said a little too quickly.

Taye was taken by surprise. "I'm sorry. I guess I just assumed you wouldn' t want to stand in line."

"I should be the one to say I'm sorry." Maria began. "I don't want you to pay for what I got. I can do it. You need the money for the groceries."

Taye smiled. "OK." He said as he began putting the stuff on the checkout counter.

Maria slipped over to the Ten items or less lane and checked out. She glanced around her the entire time, hoping no one would see what she was buying. She met up with Taye after checking out and helped him with the bags.

"Thanks for bringing me here." Taye said, loading the last bag into the car. "It sure beats having to walk back with all this stuff."

"No problem." She said. "I was coming here anyway. It was nice to have company."

They drove back to the apartment in silence. Maria was too busy thinking about what was going on inside her to even think about a conversation with Taye. She stopped in front of the apartment.

"Want me to help you carry the stuff in?" She asked.

Taye looked up in time to see Kyle heading down the street. "Nope, Kyle will help me." He said. "Thanks for everything though."

"Like I said before, its no problem." She smiled.

"Hi Taye. Hi Maria." Kyle said, approaching the car.

"Could you give me a hand here?" Taye asked, setting two bags of groceries in his arms.

Kyle laughed and headed towards the house. Taye grabbed the remaining two bags and shut the door. "I'll see you later." He said, turning towards the apartment.

"See ya." Maria said.

She had just enough time to get home before Isabel would be there. She didn 't know why she'd called Isabel. She figured she didn't want to do it alone and the only person who'd understand was Izzy. If she couldn't tell anyone else, how was she ever going to be able to tell Michael. Maybe she wasn't pregnant after all. She turned onto her street. Isabel had already arrived at her house and was waiting patiently in the jeep. A feeling of dread passed over Maria and then went away. It was now or never. She had to know the truth.

Part 4 | Index | Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.