FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 41
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love too :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Girls!" Tess yelled. "It's time to get out here. I've got to get you home."

Logan, Jacey and Jodi all emerged from Tess's bedroom. "Good morning girls." Taye said cheerfully.

"Hi Uncle Taye." Logan said, climbing onto his lap. He loved Logan to death. She reminded him so much of Maria except for her personality. Even at four Taye could see that she was leery of others, just like Michael had always been.

"What were you playing?" He asked, kissing her on the forehead.

Jacey crawled up in the hair beside Taye. "Guess what?" She said sounding very excited.

Tess sat down at the table and pulled Jodi onto her lap. "What, sweetie?"

Jacey looked towards Logan. "Logan can make two of things." She said proudly.

Tess shot Taye a look. Obviously Logan's powers had begun to develop.

"What do you mean?" Tess asked.

Jacey smiled. "Watch this." She turned to Logan. "Make me a drink too, Logan."

She smiled and closed her eyes. Moments later a second drink appeared on the table. A smile spread across her face. "I did it!" She exclaimed.

Tess stared at her in amazement. She couldn't believe she'd actually discovered her powers already.

Taye squeezed Logan. "That's wonderful sweetie." He began. "But you can't do that when there are people around."

"Why?" Jacey asked curiously.

Tess smiled. "Because there are some mean people who would try to take you away from your mommy and daddy if they knew." She looked at the three girls. "This has to be our little secret."

"I love secrets." Jodi said quietly.

Tess kissed her on the head. "Let's go so you can see your mommies and daddies."

Tess loaded the three girls into her car and drove towards Isabel, Maria, Michael and Alex's house. Liz had called and said they'd meet her there. Sometimes she wished they weren't different. Being aliens had really screwed up their lives. She picked up the cell phone and dialed Kyle's number. He picked up on the third ring.

"Hello?" He said into the phone.

"Hi there." She said. "What are you up to?"

He smiled at the sound of her voice. "Nothing, juts getting ready to jump in the shower. Care to join me?"

Tess laughed. "Tempting, but I'm taking the girls home. Maybe I'll swing by later."

"That'll be cool!" Kyle said smiling.

"The reason I called is because Logan figured out she has powers." She whispered into the pone. The three girls didn't hear her.

"Wow!" Kyle said. "Maria is going to be so bummed. They were hoping she wouldn't have any." He said.

"I know. I already told them it was our secret but I think they aren't going to accept that." Tess said. "I'll call you back in a little bit. We 're here." Tess put her car in park.

"Ok, love you." Kyle said.

"Love you, too. Bye." Tess said hanging up the phone.

She turned to Logan, Jacey and Jodi. "We're here!" She said smiling. "We' ll have to do this again. I had fun."

Jacey smiled. "Thank you Aunt Tess. I had fun, too!" She looked down. "I hope my daddy lets me do it again."

Tess smiled. "I know he will." She said. "He knows you're safe with me."

The four of them got out of the car and walked towards the door. Before they'd even reached it, Max threw open the door.

Jacey smiled at the sight of him. She hadn't realized it before, but she'd missed him. She threw her arms around his legs.

"Hi, Jace." He said hugging her. "Did you have fun?"

Tess looked at Max. Somehow he seemed different. Maybe it was because he was smiling.

Jodi and Logan pushed pass Tess, Max and Jacey and made their way into the living room. Jodi found Isabel and climbed upon her lap.

"Where's daddy?" She asked, yawning.

Isabel kissed her head. "What time did you go to sleep?? You're very tired."

Tess smiled. "They were in bed by midnight. That was the rules wasn't it?"

Jodi shook her head. She leaned back and laid her head on Isabel's shoulder.

Michael and Maria slowly emerged from the kitchen. Michael steered Maria over to the couch and pulled her onto his lap. "Where's Logan?" He asked.

Tess glanced around the room. Where had she gone? She'd been there moments earlier. "Logan?" Tess said.

There was no response. They listened a few more minutes before Michael called her name.

Slowly she emerged from her room with a guilty expression on her face.

"Hi, Logan." Michael said. "Did you have fun last night?"

Logan shook her head.

"What were you doing in your room?" Maria asked.

Logan looked guiltily towards Tess. "I was doing nothing, mommy." She sighed. "Just nothing."

Tess could see she'd been playing with her powers. It was something that Michael would do. She wanted to see exactly what she could do with them. "Why don't the three of you go play for a while so I can talk to your mommies and daddies." Tess said.

The three girls smiled and ran towards the playroom.

"I wonder what's wrong with Logan?" Michael said, watching her turn the corner. "She's been awful quiet."

"That's kinda what I wanted to talk to you about." Tess started slowly. "Something happened last night."

Michael felt Maria's body tense up. He could have swore he felt her begin to shake.

Max's face filled with concern. He knew letting Jacey spend the night had been wrong.

Isabel looked towards the playroom and then back to Tess. "What happened?"

All eyes were upon her. She knew they'd be expecting the worst. "This morning, Logan showed us how to do something." She looked at Michael and Maria. "Something that normal human people can't do. She took a glass of juice and made an exact replica of it."

"What are you saying Tess?" Maria asked.

"I'm saying that Logan's powers are starting to develop and she's figuring out that she has them." Tess said.

Max covered his face with his hands. "That's impossible." He began. "Jacey should develop her powers before Logan or Jodi. She hasn't got any powers."

"But what if Logan's powers are showing up now because she has alien parents." Tess pointed out. "Maria may only be half alien, but that doesn' t mean Logan is half human. She's got very little human in her."

"What did you tell her Tess?" Michael asked.

"Just that she couldn't tell anyone about what she'd learnt. But I think you both need to talk to her. Let her know she's not the only one with these gifts. I just didn't feel it was my place to tell her about us."

Maria smiled. "You did fine." She said. "We'll talk to her about it. I was hoping the gifts would just skip her, but I figured it wouldn't."

"So do you think Jodi and Jacey will begin to develop their gifts soon?" Isabel asked.

Max shook his head. "There is no way Jacey and Jodi are going to be having powers soon." He smiled. "If it took Logan four years to develop her powers, it'll take our girls at least eight."

"How do you figure that?" Michael asked.

"Well I just doubled the time since Jacey and Jodi are only half human." Max explained.

"But Logan has some human in her so that theory isn't necessarily true." Michael returned.

Max thought a moment. Michael was actually making sense. "Maybe you're right. We don't know when either of the girls will start to develop."

"Lets just tell them all together." Maria suggested.

Isabel smiled. "Sounds good to me, but I think we should wait until after the wedding. If Tess talked to Logan about not doing it, she'll listen."

Max smiled. "As long as Michael and Maria agree, I say wait until after the wedding too."

"That's fine with us." Maria said taking Michael's hand in hers. "Besides that's only a week away."

Isabel smiled. "I can't wait. Isabel Whitman has such a nice ring to it." She sighed. "I'm so glad we waited to get married. I'm twenty five years old and for the first time in my life I feel like I'm doing something right."

"I know you are." Liz said, putting her arms around Max. He smiled at her. "There may be some good times and you'll no doubt have bad, but always remember how much you love each other. You'd have never made it this far if it wasn't for love. Believe me!"

Isabel smiled. "Thanks, Liz." She turned to Maria. How could Michael still not ask her to marry him? She guessed he was still the same old Michael' afraid to commit to something permanent. "Are you ever going to get married?" She asked.

Maria could feel Michael growing uncomfortable. She'd come to the conclusion that she and Michael would never get married. It didn't bother her anymore since she knew she'd be a part of her life forever. All she had to do was convince everyone else that she was happy with her and Michael's relationship. "I'm quite happy with the way things are." She said moving closer to Michael. She laid her head back on his shoulders. "We don't' have to be married to be happy."

Isabel smiled. "Then fine! As long as we're all happy that's all that matters."

"Well I need to get going." Tess said, turning to leave. "Thanks for letting the girls stay. I enjoyed it."

Max smiled. "Will this be a regular thing?" He asked.

Tess laughed. "It can be." She said.

"Good!" He said smiling again. "Pick them up next Friday at 8:00 PM."

Everyone laughed. It was good to see everyone happy and laughing again, even if it was for just a moment in time.

Part 40 | Index | Part 42
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.