FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 36
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love too :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
Max brushed a stray strand of hair from Liz's face and kissed her. She'd be out for the rest of the night. She'd taking two sleeping pills to help her sleep. He quietly slipped out of the room. He made his way over to the closet and pulled out his leather jacket. He needed to get out of the house for a while, to think about what had happened.

He walked slowly down the street. As he passed the Crashdown memories of finding Liz popped into his mind. He tried to shake them but they wouldn't go away. He began to run. He passed the UFO center and soon was passing UFOnics. He continued running all the way outside of Roswell before collapsing on the side of the road. He crawled off into the shadows and slammed his fists against the ground. He continued to shake his head. The images were coming faster and were clearer now. "Stop it!" He screamed. "Stop it! Stop! No!" His screams turned to tears. "Why are you doing this to me!" He cried. "Here I am if you want me, bastard, leave my family alone!" Max stood up. "You can't do this to me! They are all I have! You 're supposed to be my brother!" He looked up into the sky. "If anyone would have asked, I would have said I was an alien. But now I don't want to even think I am from the same race that killed my child." He said through gritted teeth. "I will never forgive you for that!" He shouted. "NEVER!"

He knew he should start back towards town. He should be by Liz if she woke up. He began the long walk into town. Suddenly he felt like he was being watched. He looked all around but couldn't see anything. The feeling continued to nag at him until he saw the figure slowly walking towards him from the shadows.

He felt the muscles in his chest tighten up and a lump form in his throat. He recognized the man almost instantaneously. He clenched his fists and felt the anger running through his veins.

"Evening, sir." The man slowly said. "Kinda late for you to be out wandering in the desert isn't it?"

Max shook his head. "I'm on my way home. But it looks like your journey has just begun."

The man looked up at the sky. "Yes, I supposed it has." He said, smiling smugly. He passed by Max. "You have a good evening."

Max's gaze followed the man down the road. Almost uncontrollably his hand raised. Images of Liz and their unborn baby flooded his mind. Seconds later the man lay dead on the road. Max slowly walked up to him. That man would never hurt Liz or anyone else he loved again. He drug the body off to the side of the road. While he was trying to decide what to do with it, the body began to dissolve and then it disappeared altogether. It was over. Max made his way back to Roswell. This time as he passed the Crashdown, memories of their good times flooded his mind. He smiled.

He let the door shut softly has he entered the apartment. He hung up his jacket and went into the bedroom. Liz hadn't moved. He pulled off his damp t-shirt and crawled into the bed beside Liz. He wrapped his arms tightly around her and kissed her check. "Everything will be ok now." He said slowly. "We don't have to worry about Ian or his men again." He held her tight. If only he believed that everything was ok.

Part 35 | Index | Part 37
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.