FanFic - Other
"Don't Speak"
Part 31
by Jamie Phelps
Disclaimer: Don't own the Characters or the title. Never have, never will. Would love to :-)
Summary: Michael, Max, Maria, Isabel, Liz, Alex, Tess and Kyle's lives seem back on track. With Max and Liz's wedding quickly approaching, all seems perfect. Then the mysterious Jennifer arrives in Roswell and things quickly spiral out of control. Maria leaves Michael, Isabel learns one of the group is keeping a secret, and Max and Liz begin fighting. Taye is drawn to Jennifer, yet doesn't understand why. When Tess questions Jennifer's motives, she disappears. Who is the mysterious Jennifer? And will life as we know it in Roswell ever be the same?
Category: Other
Rating: R
Authors Note: Thanks to Cari for helping me come up with a title for this piece. I owe you one! You must have read "Secrets", "The Journey" and "Letting Go" or this fiction will not make sense to you. Please email at jamiep@egyptian.net or see them at Fan Forum if you need the other fictions.
"Where are we going to start?" Tess asked, shifting in her seat.

"I don't know. Max and Isabel went towards the center of town. Let's go the other direction and finish at the pod chamber." Maria replied.

"I hope we're not too late." Tess said.

Maria looked away. "We should have told Max earlier about what happened to Isabel and Jodi. It's all my fault if something happens to Liz. I could have prevented it."

Tess shook her head. "She could be stuck in traffic for all you know." Tess knew it wasn't true. Since when was their traffic in Roswell? "We don't know she's even in trouble. She could be tied up." Tess paused. Maybe that wasn't the right word. "Maria listen, it's not your fault. You can't control what happens. Besides, neither you nor Isabel has had time to talk to Max. You've been busy with the babies. I'm sure Isabel is trying to forget the whole thing."

Maria didn't know why Tess was so understanding. How could she not blame her? "If something has happened." Maria's words trailed off.

"If something's happened we'll deal with it together." Tess said.

Maria smiled. "Thanks, Tess." Maria turned onto the road that led to the cave. They had been looking for at least two hours without any luck. She was sure they wouldn't find anything at the cave. "I wonder if Max and Isabel have found anything." Maria said.

It was then that she noticed the vehicle speeding towards them in her rearview mirror. "Tess someone's following us." She slowly said.

A chill ran through her body. They were in the middle of nowhere. If something happened no one would know where to look. "What are we going to do?" Tess asked.

Maria didn't know. She wasn't scared of the vehicle, which didn't make since. She wasn't surprised when it began flashing it's lights. "Shit!" Maria exclaimed.

She pulled over to the side of the road and let the jeep stop next to her car. "Did you find Liz? Where's Max?" She shouted at Isabel. Her stomach began to turn and she felt like she was going to be sick.

"You got to come quick." She said hurriedly. "He's found Liz."

Maria looked at Isabel and saw the tears in her eyes. "Isabel?"

"She's hurt, Maria." Isabel cried. "She need us." Isabel threw the jeep into reverse and turned around. "Just follow me."

Maria did a u-turn on the road. Silently, she and Tess drove back towards Roswell, towards Liz, and towards a far greater evil than they were prepared to deal with.

"Where was she going?" Isabel asked.

Max acted as if she hadn't heard him. He was focused on the road ahead.

"Max?" Isabel asked.

"I heard you." He said slowly. "All she told me was she was supposed to meet someone about a job offer." Max turned towards the Crashdown. "They were supposed to meet at the Crashdown."

"Max, there's something I have to tell you." Isabel began. "It's about Jodi."

"What about her?" He asked. "She ok?"

"Now she is." Isabel started. "I almost didn't have her though." Isabel looked away. She couldn't face her brother. "The oxygen supply had been cut off to her. The tube had fused together. It's not something that can happen on it's own. I wasn't myself before I had Jodi. It took Maria to bring me out of it."

"What's your point Is?" Max said, focusing on the road again.

"The point is," She began. "that I think Ian's people have found us and tried to kill Jodi. What if they are here and they've gotten Liz?"

Max looked at Isabel. "Why didn't you tell me before?" He asked.

Isabel shook her head. "I don't know. I just haven't had time. It's not the closest thing on my mind you know. I almost lost my daughter. I try to forget about that."

"I know, I'm sorry." Max said slowly. "I'm just worried about Liz."

"It's all my fault if something has happened." Isabel said.

Max put his hand on his sisters shoulder. "Don't even think that." He said. "You can't think you caused it. Besides, she's probably fine."

"I hope you're right Max." She said.

They pulled up in front of the Crashdown and stopped. He didn't waste any time getting inside. "Liz!" He yelled. "Liz!"

"Liz!" Isabel yelled too. "I'll check upstairs. Maybe she's visiting her parents." Isabel knew she probably wasn't. The lights were off above the Crashdown.

"Ok, I'll check down here." He said. "Liz!"

Isabel disappeared upstairs. She knocked on the door. No one answered. She reached down and turned the knob; locked. She used her powers to unlock the door and went inside. It was obvious no one had been home all day. She checked all the rooms but there was no sign of Liz.

Max was still calling her name. "Liz!" He called. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye he caught movement behind the counter. "LIZ!" He yelled. He half ran, half slid to her side. "Oh my god, Liz! What happened?"

Liz was lying in a pool of blood. Her face had cuts and bruises all over it. It was obvious that someone had really beaten the hell out of her. "Liz!" Max said, grabbing her face. "Liz, please wake up. PLEASE!"

Max turned away for a second. "Isabel!" He yelled.

Isabel appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "She's not up -" Isabel's sentence stopped. "Oh my god, Liz!"

"Go get help!" Max yelled. "I don't think I can heal her myself." Max pulled Liz's head into his lap. "It'll be ok, Lizzy. It'll be ok." He looked back up at Isabel. "Go! Now!"

Isabel took one last look at Max and Liz and ran to the jeep. She had to get help fast. Liz was in trouble. More trouble than any of them ever could imagine.

Part 30 | Index | Part 32
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.