FanFic - Other
"Destiny's Circle"
Part 6
by kath7
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Roswell nor from the Robin Hood legend. I am just borrowing them. Some original ideas by ddawn and Angel_Parker. The character of Parkyla was created by Sunnie D.
Summary: This story is based on an idea that came out of a RPG that is currently ongoing on the Fanforum Roswell Board called Detention Adventures (Detentioned Boswellians.) In it, two of our talented authors (Hi Angel_Parker and ddawn!) have created the idea that everything that happens in Roswell-land is on a continuous loop - meaning that Max, Isabel, Tess and Michael have been on Earth many times before, have returned to their planet and have been killed each time. Their "essences" have been re-cloned and they have been re-sent to Earth to try and get it right. Time on Earth continues to move forward with each loop, thus everytime our pod squad returns, they return to a different time period. My story has added to this idea - basically I believe that two mistakes in the current, contemporary loop of the TV show have affected the destiny of the four: These two events are 1)Nasedo being captured after the Crash and consequentially losing Max, Isabel and Michael 2) Max's healing of Liz. I love the idea of reincarnation and soulmates, thus I have decided to create the story of Max and Liz through the centuries as they just miss changing Max' s destiny each time. I already know that the story is going to end in our time, with the healing of Liz at the Crashdown....where it is going to go to get there, I do not know...LOL...so, hopefully this will work! This first part of the story is set in Medieval England and is based on the Robin Hood legend.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is dedicated to my pals on the Detentioned Boswellians RPG. They are, in no particular order: pbwin, ddawn, Sunnie D, hookt, Maria, sjton, Ivy_English, Angel_Parker, cheetah, Phaedra and Shortiegirl. If I forgot someone, please just kill me. LOL
Max felt his heart sink as he watched both Martin of York and Michael competantly achieve two more bull's-eyes. He knew for certain now that he was going to lose. His last shot had been achieved with pure luck. He figured that his luck must be running dry right about now.

Michael had been shocked, to say the least, when Max had hauled him away from the fence after the Sheriff's announcement about the kiss. "We're entering that competion." Max had told him firmly as they made their way through the crowd to the the group of archers milling around on the tournament field. Max had noticed Tess and Isabel staring after him in shock as he pulled Michael after him, but he ignored them. He had only one goal in mind. He would deal with the reprecussions - with Tess - later. Michael had narrowed his eyes suspiciously, but since he was getting to do what he had wanted to do all along, he didn't ask any questions.

Max had been relieved that for once Michael had gone along with him without arguing. How could he explain to his brother that he NEEDED to enter the competition; that he NEEDED to win the kiss of a complete stranger or he might as well just stop breathing right then. Even the thought of someone else claiming the prize had made Max ill to his stomach. He had no choice. He HAD to win.

Now the moment of truth was upon Maxwell deHarding. He knew that he could win if he cheated. Just a little knudge from his thoughts and the arrow would fly cleanly to the target...but he had made it this far on his own merits and he did not want to spoil it now. Somehow winning a kiss from Lady Elizabeth using underhanded means would tarnish the whole experience. His win had to be as clean and as pure as she was.

Somehow he knew that he was destined to win.

This however did not mean that he was any less nervous as he stepped up to the mark. If he simply hit the bull's-eye, the target would be moved back again and the whole process would restart. He had to end it - NOW.

Max raised his bow, knocking his arrow in one clean motion. He forced himself to shut out the din of the crowd. His eye was perfectly fixed on the point he wanted to hit. His arm muscles strained as held back the string on the powerful long-bow. One inch off and the competition would be over for him. It would come down to Michael and Martin of York - it could not be.

He suddenly felt a strange calm overtake him. It was as though someone was touching his shoulder, calming him down. He felt a warm breath against his neck. "Close your eyes Max...." He knew that it was Lady Elizabeth - his Liz - speaking to him.

He did what he was bid, closed his eyes and let the arrow fly.

His eyes snapped open again when the crowd erupted. Michael was slapping him on the back, Martin of York staring at the target in stupefaction.

He had split Michael's arrow. Automatic victory.

The Sheriff stepped forward, a grin splitting his craggy face. "That was unbelievable! Congratulations son!" Max stared at the target in shock...

And then he turned to look at Elizabeth.

Her eyes were wide, but she had a small smile of triumph on her face. She HAD spoken to him...he had heard her and the radiant smile that broke across her face as her eyes met his confirmed it for him.

"Go claim your prize Maxwell, you lucky, undeserving dog." Michael pushed him towards the gallery, a grin on his face. Max eyed his brother, realized that Michael knew exactly why he had entered the competition....he was letting Max enjoy the moment, thinking that it was just a moment in time, one that would not affect them permanently...

Max knew differently though...

It was a beginning....

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.