FanFic - Other
"Destiny's Circle"
Part 3
by kath7
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Roswell nor from the Robin Hood legend. I am just borrowing them. Some original ideas by ddawn and Angel_Parker. The character of Parkyla was created by Sunnie D.
Summary: This story is based on an idea that came out of a RPG that is currently ongoing on the Fanforum Roswell Board called Detention Adventures (Detentioned Boswellians.) In it, two of our talented authors (Hi Angel_Parker and ddawn!) have created the idea that everything that happens in Roswell-land is on a continuous loop - meaning that Max, Isabel, Tess and Michael have been on Earth many times before, have returned to their planet and have been killed each time. Their "essences" have been re-cloned and they have been re-sent to Earth to try and get it right. Time on Earth continues to move forward with each loop, thus everytime our pod squad returns, they return to a different time period. My story has added to this idea - basically I believe that two mistakes in the current, contemporary loop of the TV show have affected the destiny of the four: These two events are 1)Nasedo being captured after the Crash and consequentially losing Max, Isabel and Michael 2) Max's healing of Liz. I love the idea of reincarnation and soulmates, thus I have decided to create the story of Max and Liz through the centuries as they just miss changing Max' s destiny each time. I already know that the story is going to end in our time, with the healing of Liz at the Crashdown....where it is going to go to get there, I do not know...LOL...so, hopefully this will work! This first part of the story is set in Medieval England and is based on the Robin Hood legend.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is dedicated to my pals on the Detentioned Boswellians RPG. They are, in no particular order: pbwin, ddawn, Sunnie D, hookt, Maria, sjton, Ivy_English, Angel_Parker, cheetah, Phaedra and Shortiegirl. If I forgot someone, please just kill me. LOL
Elizabeth had never seen such crowds in her life. Her life with the Queen had been sheltered to say the least and it appeared as if the entire shire had come to the capital for the Fair. Elizabeth gripped Alexander's sleeve and pointed to a mummer who stood on his hands a few feet away.

"I'd like to see you try that!" She teased him. Alexander looked down at her with twinkling eyes.

"So you've decided to talk to me again have you?" Elizabeth rolled her dark eyes and sighed.

"You know I cannot stay angry with you for long...You really should stop trying to embarrass Sir Kyle though." She chided. "You know that he has absolutely no chance of winning the archery competition." Alexander just smiled knowingly. Elizabeth frowned at him. "What are you hiding from me?" She demanded. "It has to do with Mary, does it not?"

Elizabeth had known that the story of Mary's illnes was just that - a story. Now she was beginning to suspect what the story was meant to conceal. "She is not planning to..." Alexander placed a finger on her lips.

"Don't concern yourself Lizzy. You'll know soon enough." Elizabeth just shook her head. Alexander had only ever encouraged Mary in her rebelliousness. He was incorrigeable. "Where did the brave Sir Kyle meander off to anyway?" Alexander asked.

"He went to procure me a sweet." Elizabeth responded, sighing again. "He is most attentive."

"Methinks you prefer it when his attentiveness means that he has to leave your side..."Alexander raised a brow teasingly.

"Now do not start." Elizabeth scolded, "You know I am not happy about this match, but the Queen only has my best interests at heart. It is time for me to grow up. True love is only a fantasy the troubadours have created to earn their supper." Alexander just smiled knowingly. "Stop looking like that Alexander Delucie!" She smacked him lightly on his mail covered chest. "You are going to drive me to lunacy with your teasing."

Elizabeth's lecture of Alexander was cut off abruptly as someone bumped into her. The crowds seemed to be pressing ever nearer, some trying to get closer to the mummer, others trying to get to the stall selling ale and meatpies. Alexander and Elizabeth had inadvertantly stumbled into the busiest part of the Fair.

Elizabeth felt herself being jostled and suddenly Alexander was no longer at her side. She could see across several other people, but then he was gone, swallowed up by the crowd. She could still hear him calling her name though.

She felt panic begin to overtake her. Strangers surrounded her on all sides. They all seemed to be trying to head in the opposite direction from her. Elizabeth felt herself swept along in a tide of people, all pushing and prodding for position. Small in stature and unused to such physical treatment, Elizabeth could feel herself losing her footing... *I'll be crushed! * She thought frantically, trying to stay on her feet.

She suddenly felt strong arms grab her. *Alexander! Thank the Heavenly Father. * She was swept up against a broad chest. Alexander began to push his way through the crowd, elbowing the crowd aside. They suddenly broke through the periphary of the mass of people.

It was only then that Elizabeth realized that the man holding her was not Alexander. His cloak was a different colour and he wore no chain-mail. Elizabeth felt herself stiffen. The stranger was instantly aware.

"Please do not be concerned milady." His voice was deep, but reassuring. She felt herself relaxing instantly. "I will set you down as soon as we are further away from the throng."

A moment later, the stranger set her on her feet. She looked up at him curiously. It was impossible to see his face as the hood of his dark cloak was over his head, but there was something infinately familiar about him...

"Thank you Sir..." The gentleman did not respond, just stood where he was, motionless Although she could not see his eyes, Elizabeth knew that he was staring at her. "Would you be so kind as to remove your hood..." she whispered, her heart thundering in her chest. The stranger paused, but then very slowly reached up and pushed back his hood.

Elizabeth gasped. "You!" It was the man from her dreams. Every detail of his face was as familiar to her as her own. His hair was dark and curled on his forehead. And his eyes...they were the deep, soulful pools she had always seen in her heart. She reached out a hand to touch the beloved face.

Elizabeth suddenly realized what she was doing. Her hand snapped back to her side. The stranger was blinking, as though coming out a trance. He appeared to be trying to pull himself together. "Do I know you milady?" He asked. From his tone, Elizabeth knew that he was forcing the words. He seemed to know her, just as she knew him. * This is impossible! * She reflected. * He was a figment of my imagination! *

Elizabeth shook her head, forcing herself to focus. "No! I mean, I apologize sir. I thought you were my betrothed." She saw the stranger's face tighten at her last words. "I am Lady Elizabeth deParkeville." She continued quickly, hoping to erase the sad expression that had appeared on his face.

"I am very pleased to make your acquaintance milady." He picked up her hand and pressed it to his lips. His eyes never left her face. "My name is Maxwell de...." He paused briefly..."Um...pardon me...my name is Maxwell of Huntington." Elizabeth frowned slightly. She wondered why he had not given her his family's name. She knew of Huntington however. It was a small town on the far side of Sherwood. She had passed through there with the Queen's party the day before on their way to Nottingham.

"Lord Huntington, I am most pleased to meet you. Thank you for saving my life." Lord Huntington reddened slightly.

"I am not a lord milady." He seemed to be searching for words. "Please call me Max. All my friends do. And please do not think on my helping you anymore. It was my pleasure." Elizabeth could tell that he really meant it. She felt her own cheeks heating up.

"I know it is not proper," she responded, "But I would be pleased to call my rescuer by his Christian name." She had no time to sat anything more because suddenly Kyle was at her side.

"Lady Elizabeth! Are you quite well?" He asked, concern in his voice. "I saw you being swept up in the crowd but I could not get to you." He turned to Max and offered him his hand. "Thank you sir. I saw you..." He trailed off and recognition dawned in his eyes. "Maxwell...you have come!" Kyle looked around nervously. "Are your sisters here?"

Elizabeth saw Max's eyes narrow. She wondered what this was all about. She looked at Kyle curiously.

"Yes, Sir Kyle. Isabel and Tess are with my brother observing the jester." He pointed towards a large group that was gathered around the Sheriff's fool. Elizabeth saw a graceful looking blonde girl in red watching them with interest. The smaller blonde beside her was laughing at the ridiculous antics of the jester, while a boy with touseled dark hair fiddled with the long bow in his hands. Max turned back to Kyle and Elizabeth abruptly. "I really must join them." He bowed stiffly and started to walk away. Elizabeth felt disapointment invade her to the bone. "Good day Lady Elizabeth, Sir Kyle."

Elizabeth watched him go, shock sinking into her. * How can he possibly exist? What can this mean?*

Sir Kyle offered her his arm. "Come my lady. We are wanted at the tourney ground. My lord Father wishes to begin the competition." Elizabeth placed her hand on Kyle's arm, without concious thought. She turned for one more look at Max as Kyle led her away. She felt her pulse speed up as she met his grave eyes. He watched her go, no expression on his handsome face.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.