FanFic - Other
"Destiny's Circle"
Part 13
by kath7
Disclaimer: I do not own the characters from Roswell nor from the Robin Hood legend. I am just borrowing them. Some original ideas by ddawn and Angel_Parker. The character of Parkyla was created by Sunnie D.
Summary: This story is based on an idea that came out of a RPG that is currently ongoing on the Fanforum Roswell Board called Detention Adventures (Detentioned Boswellians.) In it, two of our talented authors (Hi Angel_Parker and ddawn!) have created the idea that everything that happens in Roswell-land is on a continuous loop - meaning that Max, Isabel, Tess and Michael have been on Earth many times before, have returned to their planet and have been killed each time. Their "essences" have been re-cloned and they have been re-sent to Earth to try and get it right. Time on Earth continues to move forward with each loop, thus everytime our pod squad returns, they return to a different time period. My story has added to this idea - basically I believe that two mistakes in the current, contemporary loop of the TV show have affected the destiny of the four: These two events are 1)Nasedo being captured after the Crash and consequentially losing Max, Isabel and Michael 2) Max's healing of Liz. I love the idea of reincarnation and soulmates, thus I have decided to create the story of Max and Liz through the centuries as they just miss changing Max' s destiny each time. I already know that the story is going to end in our time, with the healing of Liz at the Crashdown....where it is going to go to get there, I do not know...LOL...so, hopefully this will work! This first part of the story is set in Medieval England and is based on the Robin Hood legend.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This story is dedicated to my pals on the Detentioned Boswellians RPG. They are, in no particular order: pbwin, ddawn, Sunnie D, hookt, Maria, sjton, Ivy_English, Angel_Parker, cheetah, Phaedra and Shortiegirl. If I forgot someone, please just kill me. LOL
Max watched Elizabeth enter her chamber, his heart pounding. The light was dim, but he could still see her exquisite beauty, which took his breath away.

In the few short hours he had been away from her, he had wondered if he had imagined the extent to which she affected him. But he knew now he had not.

It had been a relatively simple affair sneaking into Nottingham Castle. He was sure that the Sheriff would actually be quite peeved at HOW easy it had been. He had simply walked through the open gate, past several guards who had been well into their cups and hadn't even questioned him.

Finding Elizabeth's chamber had not been quite as easy. He had finally had to resort to opening every door along the corridor, knowing that all the inhabitants of the castle were at supper. Max had identified Liz' room by the faint scent of violets that had assailed him, as well as by the blue veil sitting on the bed, being the one she had been wearing that afternoon.

He had not had long to wait. She was now crossing the room, an expression of hope on her visage. He stepped out from behind the bed's hangings, his hood still in place and stared at her.

Elizabeth paused. "Max." She breathed. He swallowed, unable to say anything, simply shrugged the hood of his cloak off his head...her eyes were bright, causing him to go weak in the knees.

And then she was in his arms. His mouth claimed hers in a kiss so fierce it left both of them gasping for breath. There was nothing gentle in this kiss...it was completely different from the one they had shared that afternoon - that had been a kiss full of promise.

This one was one of possession.

Max broke away, ashamed of his lack of control. Her hands were on his shoulders, her fingers clutching at the fabric of his cloak. Her eyes were half-closed, shining with some emotion he could not identify.

They stared at each other. He brought his hands up, gently tucked a stray lock behind her ear, took her hand and led her to the bed. She sat down, blinked up at him, perplexed.

"I apologize my lady." He said. "I don't know what came over me." Elizabeth gazed steadily at him.

"I beg you not to say you are sorry.. Max, please! We both know that it has gone far beyond that..." Max blinked. He dropped to his knees in front of her, claimed her hand and brought it to his lips. She placed her other hand on his cheek, forcing him to look at her. "I do not know what is happening to me, but I know that we must never regret what transpires between us."

They stayed quietly like that for several moments. She stroked his cheek. Finally she said, "Why are you here? It is so dangerous Max! I told Mary and Alexander I would come to you on the morrow."

"I had to make sure that you were safe." He clutched her hand tightly. "Liz, you risked too much for us this afternoon. You must promise me that you will never expose yourself like that again." He was determined that she agree. He would not leave until he knew that she would never risk herself again.

Liz dropped her gaze. She looked as though she was hiding something. "I cannot make such a promise Max." Max felt his face tighten.

She quickly changed the subject. "I do not believe that the Sheriff wishes to pursue the matter Max, but the Bishop is insisting. Sir Kyle and my lord Sheriff will be in the Forest tomorrow to find the bodies...you must move them tonight."

Max nodded quickly, trying to brush aside her fears. "It will be alright my love. We have set up camp in the Forest until all this blows over. Alexander and Lady Mary have decided to remain with us. They are perfectly safe. Thank you for sending them to protect Tess and Isabel." He brought her palm to his lips again, still astounded that he was allowed to do so. The way he felt about her - he had never in a million years imagined that she could feel the same way...

But the way she gazed at him, her heart in her eyes...he knew it was true. She brought her hands up, cupped his face and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. He felt his heart begin to thunder in his chest.

He had never known that he could feel this way about anyone - he had always known that he was to marry Tess, but she was like a sister to him... she had never made him feel the way Elizabeth did just at the thought of her.

The thought of Tess gave him a minor pang of guilt, but he quickly brushed it aside. He could not waste a precious moment in the company of Liz with regrets.

She was right...they had moved well past the point of regret.

"You must go my beloved. You are in danger here." Liz told him. He didn't know when he had started to think of her by that name - he had realized rather quickly that no one else called her such. It just seemed natural to him - like he had always called her thus...

"I will not go anywhere until you promise me that you will do nothing to jeopardize your safety." He replied stubbornly. Liz gave him an annoyed look. "Promise me Liz... if not, I will go and turn myself into the Sheriff right now." She frowned at him. He thought she looked adorable, but he knew she would give in.

She pressed her lips together, clearly debating with herself. "Very well. I promise." She said quietly.

Max stood, pulling her to her feet. She placed her head on his shoulder, clutched him tightly. "I do not know why it is Max, but I love you." She pulled back slightly, smiling at him shyly. "I know that I am being most forward, but I cannot help myself. I NEED you to know."

Max lowered his head, kissed her thoroughly. He finally broke away, placed his forehead against hers and whispered. "You must always swear to me that you will never keep anything from me. For I love you too...From the moment I laid eyes on you, I knew that you were my other half."

She kissed him again. He felt her tears against his face. "Now, please go my love. I could not bear it if you were caught here."

Max managed to step away from her, although every part of his being was screaming for him to return to her arms...she was gazing sadly, but lovingly at him. "I will come to you again soon my love." She nodded, attempting to smile.

As he opened the door, he heard a flurry of movement behind him. He turned and she was in his arms again, placing kisses all over his face. "Please be careful Max! I could not bear it if anything bad were to befall you." He caught her lips in another deep kiss, trying to reassure her.

He pulled away, gazed into her eyes and replied, "You are like a May morning...I will never give you cause to weep my Liz." With that, he reluctantly disentangled himself from her embrace and disapeared down the corridor.

Part 12 | Index | Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.