FanFic - Other
"Descendents - The Liz/Max Connection"
Part 8
by Sue and Syndee
Disclaimer: The Characters belong to The WB.
Summary: Max's alien father Gray meets Liz's ancestor Aisling while he ison earth to observe how earthlings resolve their differences. They form abond that will transcend time, space and species.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Aisling sees the flash of light at dusk and is leery to traverse the path in the dark but her excitement at the possibility of seeing Gray Ghost again after forty years quenches her fears.

She's been living with her eldest son Gray and his family since Geoffrey's death and at forty-seven is still a very beautiful and energetic woman. She makes daily trips to the waterfall, sometimes alone but more often than not with her eight-year-old granddaughter Elizabeth.

Aisling is disappointed upon her arrival at the clearing to find no sign of Gray. She is winded by her rush to get there and kneels down to drink of the streams refreshing water.

Suddenly, reflected from the rippled water, she sees a figure and then a flash of pure evil, dismal and unyielding.

Aisling, on hands and knees, scurries and rolls away from the man, human in form but not human in soul.

"Who are you?" Aisling queries as she stands and starts to back away.

At that moment the man becomes engulfed in a bright light and his true form is revealed and it is the form of Gray's enemy who she has seen countless times over the years.

The being does not answer but Aisling is able to hear his thoughts and knows that his intentions are to harm her.

Aisling turns to run toward the path but the being is faster and cuts her off. Her back is against a tree facing the manor when she spies her granddaughter Elizabeth determined stride toward the clearing.

"Lizzy, don't come any closer. Go get your father?" Aisling yells to her granddaughter whose progress towards the danger continues even after her grandmother's directive.

With a scowl and intense concentration Elizabeth extends her arm, palm outward and directed at the being who would harm her grandmama and emits a bright light force which lifts and carries the menace up and away and slams its body hard against the cliffs above the waterfall.

Aisling's relief at her life being spared is outshadowed by her disbelief in what she has just witnessed from her grandchild.

"Are you alright Grandmother?" Elizabeth collapses into Aisling's outstretched arms.

They both fall to their knees as Aisling rains kisses on Elizabeth's forehead as she brushes the child's hair out of her face.

"Lizzy, what did you do?" The older woman looks down into the angelic face of her savior.

"It's something I've seen Gray do in my visions and I just did as he does when he's in battle." Elizabeth tells her grandmother in a weak voice.

"Are you okay, Lizzy?" Aisling grows concerned over the child's weakened state.

"Just a little tired, can we go home now?" The little girl yawns as she snuggles even deeper into Aisling's lap.

"Yes, Sweetheart. We'll send your Father back here to clean up that mess," she glances toward the lifeless form of the being that would have taken her life.

Aisling looks towards the sky and the evening star and thanks Gray yet once again for saving a Parker's life.

Part 7 | Index | Part 9
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.