FanFic - Other
"Descendents - The Liz/Max Connection"
Part 2
by Sue and Syndee
Disclaimer: The Characters belong to The WB.
Summary: Max's alien father Gray meets Liz's ancestor Aisling while he ison earth to observe how earthlings resolve their differences. They form abond that will transcend time, space and species.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Aisling wakes up early, sneaks past her nurse's room and down to the kitchens. Her father, a Norman, has been away for days on business for the crown and she pretty much has free reign as to how she spends her days and today she hopes to spend it with Gray.

She wraps fresh bread and cheese in a piece of cloth before running from the manor headed for her favorite spot near the waterfall in hopes of seeing her friend.

Gray feels her presence long before he sees her and questions if this is because of his fascination with the little girl or something more.

He could very easily assume human form but doesn't find the need to because Aisling accepts him in his true form and isn't repulsed or frightened by the obvious differences in species.

"Good morning, Aisling," he greets her as she draws near.

"Good morning to you, did you sleep well?" She asks as she sits crossed leg on the ground in front of him.

"Yes, I did. Thank you for asking." His small mouth turns up in a smile.

"You're very welcome," she smiles as she opens the cloth sack. "I brought us something to break the fast.

Gray sits down opposite her and takes a piece of the bread and cheese that she hands him.

Her mouth is full and overflowing as she partakes of the food. Breadcrumbs line her mouth and spill down the front of her gown as she reaches over and touches his arm to gain his attention.

"I dreamt of you again last night," she continues to chew and eventually swallows.

"What do you mean again?" He queries as she tears off a small piece of crusty bread.

Aisling puts her finger to her mouth, "Ssh." She jumps up and runs to the edge of the forest and peruses the area. Once she's assured that no one else is around she returns to Gray, grabs both of his hands before whispering. "I dream all the time, even when I'm awake. My grandmother says I'm a seer just like her. I saw you in a vision and knew that you would come here."

"And what did you see in this vision?" Gray disengages himself from the child's grasp, stands and distances himself not knowing what to make of her revelation.

"You were near a big rock with lots and lots of multi-colored hands and there were men with feathers and painted faces," her voice animated with excitement. "And then you were in a cave and then suddenly you were here by my waterfall."

Gray is taken aback by her description of the Chaco Canyons where his people have visited on several occasions and have made the area a base for when they visit the earth. The cliff dwelling people of the area have welcomed his people's visits for years.

(Note: The Chaco Canyons encompasses the Four-Corners Region of North America, which includes Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.)

Their ancestors had been fleeing from a warlike tribe when Gray's ancestors manipulated the ground to transport the outnumbered, disadvantaged, and ill-equipped to fight people, south to the land where they now preside.

Those first visits were few and far between because they had yet to master the bending of time and space to allow quick travel between universes. Earlier travel was reliant on wormholes created by dying stars.

"And you had this vision last night?" Puzzled because he left the Canyons more than a year ago.

"No, it was the night the long-haired comet shot across the sky." Aisling makes a semi-circle with her arm to illustrate the path the comet took.

Gray had actually arrived in the area at the precise moment the comet appeared.

"Will you take me to the place where the men have painted faces and dance to flute music?" She's rushes up to him and grabs his hand and begins to swing his arm back and forth as if in a game of her own making.

"What else did you see in this vision Aisling?" Gray stills her movements by grabbing both her hands in his as he stoops to be on eye level with the child.

"I don't remember everything because it was a long time ago but I saw the strawberries and knew what time of year they grew. I came every day until I found you." She tries to start the swing game again but he gently grabs her by the shoulders.

"Did you tell anyone else about your visions or about me?" Gray gently probes the now frightened child.

She shakes her head no and starts to fidget. "I want to go home now Gray, I'm scared."

Gray releases his grip on her arms and cups the sides of her face with his hand. "I'm sorry Aisling, I didn't mean to frighten you."

"I'm not frightened of you," She places her small hand along the side of his face. "I had another vision just now and saw you and others like you in battle and it made me sad and scared for you."

"Battle? I've never been in a battle. My people are peaceful and we have no enemies." He tries to quiet her fears.

"The battle hasn't happened yet." She throws herself into his arms and the tears trickle down her rosy cheeks.

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.