FanFic - Other
"Crab Nebula in Taurus"
Part 7
by Syndee Thomas
Disclaimer: The characters are THE WB'S.
Summary: Combines the already running theme of Treasures Found and Tess to TESS (CD Fanfic) The Human/Alien alliance use information recorded in Claudia Parker's journal to establish the best time to activate a third Orb found with alien artifacts.
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I recommend reading "Treasures Found" and "Tess to TESS" first but a Prologue is included.
Liz has been in bed for over an hour but sleep eludes her. Her ears are keen to any sound coming from her balcony in hopes that Max will come. "I should never have left," she chides herself. "He probably thinks that I deserted him."

Liz's bedside clock reads 12:02AM. "He's probably already asleep. He hasn't been sleeping well and he looked so tired earlier. "Aurrg, what was I thinking?" She pulls the pillow over her head to drown out the scream that she emits.

"That definitely did not help," she voices minutes later as she replaces the pillow under her head.

Liz's gaze returns to the window hoping that he'll come but knowing that he shouldn't. "Am I being selfish wanting him here with me," she asks herself. "No, I have every right to demand some quality time, right."

She looks to the window one more time, "I'm Sooo horny," and closes her eyes and falls into a fitful sleep.

July 04, 1247AM

Liz feels her bed give to the weight of an intrusion and is about to scream when she hears Max call her name close to her ear. Sensual joy flares to life within her as she turns to face him.

A breath of astonishment escapes her as their chests meet. His hand moves to cup her head and the sigh that would have escaped her lips is drowned in his kiss. A kiss that teases, tastes, drinks and is nectar to her lips.

Her body shivers with joy and divine pleasure and whispers that his touch is as inevitable as death, as necessary as life, and her only reason for being born.

Masculine fingers stroke her back from neck, all down her spine to her waist and beyond, skin on skin sending rivulets of hot sweet sensation throughout her body and her soul.

For a brief moment of unreality her over-sensitized mind convinces her that she is naked beneath his roving hands. Hands that seem to be able to be in more than one place at a time, hands that will soon take her to the brink of insanity and hands that will comfort her on her spiral downwards.

The annoying beeping of the alarm clock confirms to Max that the moment of truth has arrived possibly unveiling another aspect of his existence and hopefully a little closer to the truth.

He's been awake for several minutes and upon awakening had reached over to find the space next to him vacant. So he lays here alone acknowledging the familiar room and its contents, staring at the ceiling and thinking of Liz.

He's a few minutes late picking Michael up for their reconnaissance operation and relinquishes the duty of driver to Michael so he can get a few more minutes of sleep.

The added precaution was probably unnecessary but others depend on him and Max feels honor bond to protect them to the best of his ability.

Michael and Max sit in the Jeep after a thorough perusal of the area for any hidden dangers or surveillance. They quietly await the arrival of the others.

Max is reclined in the passenger seat with his eyes closed and his breathing even. "Michael, can I ask you a personal question?"

Michael sits up and faces his friend who he thought was asleep, "Sure."

"I take it you and Maria haven't - you know?" He opens his eyes and turns his head slightly to face Michael.

"No, Maria has all these abandonment issues and we figure we'll know when the time's right. Is this about that thing with Liz last night? You looked pretty pissed about her leaving." Michael's voice is curious and sympathetic.

"I guess I'm angry because I realize that I take it for granted that my cause is her cause and that it should come first for both of us. She's seventeen years old and she should be having fun not preparing for war." His voice frayed with emotion.

"She loves you. Being human means being able to choose." Michael points out. "She chooses you."

Max nods his head in acknowledgement of Michael's wise words and adjusts his position, sitting up in his seat and facing Michael. "The other thing is kind of embarrassing so don't laugh okay."

"Okay man, shoot." A lazy smile forms at the corners of Michael's mouth.

"Do you ever dream or fantasize about being with Maria?" One thick black brow rises.

"Yea, all the time." He looks surprised by the question.

"Is it always nice and sweet and in the missionary position?" He mumbles as a devilish smile curves his lips.

"Max, Maria is so hot and passionate, I wouldn't be surprised that when we finally do it, it will be from a chandelier. What's this about Max?"

"I want Liz so much sometimes it's like a demon has taken control of my body and the only assuage I can get would be to make love continuously in every way in every position known and unknown to man or alien." Max presses his palms to his forehead. "Ugh, Michael I'm going crazy here."

Michael starts to laugh, "You've got it so bad."

"I know," Max shakes his head. "Why just this morning I was so horny I..." He doesn't finish the sentence because the Sheriff drives up and parks next to the jeep.

"I thought I'd come early just in case." He says as he adjust his hat and places a foot on the running board of the jeep.

(Liz's bedroom)

Liz routinely hits the snooze button at least twice on any given day and moves to do so when she winces in pain.

Comprehension dawns and she reaches over only to find the space empty. She hugs her arms to her chest and remembers every whisper, every kiss, and every touch that Max had bestowed her just a few hours ago.

Her body is a little sore for she had to call on muscles she didn't know she had to keep up with Max's demands of her and her body.

July 04, 0250AM

Kyle is picking her up in ten minutes. She takes a two minute shower and is dressed and outside The Crashdown when he arrives a few minutes past three.

They all arrive within a few minutes of each other and park at the pre-arranged area and walk the short distance to the outlined Ritual Wheel.

Excitement surged within Liz, sparking along her every nerve the moment she sees Max. A lazy smile curves those sensual lips, transforming his handsome face into a devastating lethal weapon.

She has to command her legs not to run into his arms convincing them to take slow short strides until she freezes, her breath halting in her throat at soon as he touches her.

Max brings their lower bodies together by gripping her lower back. He presses his forehead to hers as he holds her gaze. "I love you and I'm sorry about last night. I'll make it up to you, I promise."

Liz accepts his kiss as one would accept water in the desert: greedily, savoring every drop. "You already have," she whispers.

Max's confused look is forgotten as Michael calls to him, "It's time to take our places around the wheel."

The Ritual Wheel has ten spokes leading out from a center point where the Orb will be placed. The pre-assigned positions were chosen because it fitted Alien/Human/Human, Alien/Human/Human, Alien/Human/Alien, and Human to a corresponding spoke of the Ritual Wheel.

(Clockwise: Max/Sondra/Sheriff-Michael/Maria/Kyle Teresa/Alex/Isabel-Liz)

Part 6 | Index | Part 8
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.