FanFic - Other
"Countdown to Departure"
Part 1
by Patricia
Disclaimer: I don't own any part of Roswell, but wish I did!!!
Summary: Max & Liz are married. So are Michael & Maria. Liz is pregnant. All of them, along with Isabel & Tess are about to leave Earth. These are the events that led up to that ... & their first experiences among the aliens....
Category: Other
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: My first fan fiction. Feedback is very welcome!
Liz Evans sat on the grass under the tree in her front yard. Her husband, Max, napped with his head in her lap. She thought about the years they had shared. The autumn breeze sent a flurry of leaves falling from the tree. It might be the last time they saw an autumn on earth. Tomorrow they would depart for Max's home planet. She glanced down at him and met his gaze as he watched her.

"It's a lot to leave, Liz. Are you sure you are up for it? I can't promise you a return trip." His earnest tone of voice made her smile reassuringly at him.

"And where would I find another you? Besides, you are the heir to the throne and I now carry your child. I want to be with my child, Max... and I want to be with you."

"Is Maria coming? Has she decided?"

"Not officially... but I cannot imagine that she would have married Michael if she was not willing to go with him. She has always known he wanted to go home.... We all have known that. Of you all, Michael and Tess have been the most intense about a longing for your planet. I think she will come."

"Your parents are not going to be happy when they find we have gone. Neither will ours. I wish it did not have to be this way.... If the time comes when we are able to return or to bring them to visit, you know I will."

"I know. The important thing now is to go and show that you are still alive and come in force. Your mother said that your followers wait for your presence. Surely the fact that we are expecting a child will only strengthen your cause. I am your partner in this, Max. I have been since the day you healed me... and I promised you I always would be on the day I married you."

Max sat up and kissed her. "I don't know what I ever did to deserve you. You are the greatest gift in my life...."

"Mutual, of course!" She laughed up at him. He was so solemn!

"Liz, there are no guarantees. We do not know that everything will be ideal when we get there.... It probably won't. I'm sure that having you and the baby will mean a great deal, but that will make us more vulnerable also. I don't know if I am even doing the right thing in allowing everyone to go. It is not as though we know what will be when we are there. Even the four of us who came from that planet do not know what to expect. There is absolutely no way we could prepare you and Maria for whatever awaits."

"Max, don't even make noises that sound like you are thinking of leaving us behind! You can't! Maria, Isabel, Tess and I ARE going with you and Michael! There is no way you are leaving us behind!"

"Liz, it really might be safer...."

"No! You don't even know if you COULD ever come back for us. We are going with you tomorrow and that is final. Whatever is there we will all face it together.... We have been a team for a long time. That is how they were able to get regular communication going with your planet.... Destiny has obviously has taken a hand in bringing us all together. Or God...."

"I'm still not sure I believe in God."

"Oh, Max! How could anyone who can do the things you can NOT believe in God? I am alive today because of the life that you sent flowing though me.... Remember?"

They stood under the tree, arms around each other. Max absently kissed the top of her hair as they both thought back through the years to the day he almost lost the only girl who ever captured his heart.

Since that time he had times he thought he might have lost her. Certainly he had times when he feared he had. Every time it looked like they might drift apart Fate took a hand and brought them face to face. Inevitably, they always realigned together. They were soul mates… and now they were bound for the stars....

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.