FanFic - Other
"Backlash"
Part 1
by Mslayer713
Disclaimer: I claim no ownership to any of the characters on 'Roswell', but Tyler, is mine. All lyrics belong to the talented people who wrote and/or sing them. They are credited throughout the story.
Summary: Everyone has to deal with the repercussions from 'Destiny', and a new foe is lurking in the background.
Category: Other
Rating: PG
Authors Note: This story has taken a while to get started (writers block really sucks!) and I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way. My dad for reading all my rewrites, Brie for helping me when I got stuck, Amanda for reading my stories even though she hates to read, and my sisters for actually listening to go on and one about this show.
Maria watched as Isabel Evans walked into the Crashdown. "Hey, Is."

Isabel smiled and walked over to the counter. "Hey Maria, what's up?" Isabel asked.

Maria shrugged. "Not much," she said dully. "This place really sucks with out Liz."

Isabel nodded. "Yeah, so, when's she due back?"

Maria sighed. Liz went away for the summer to LA. "Week. Her and Alex called last night."

Isabel looked away. "Yeah, that's right...Alex went with her..."

"You know, Alex asked...or well, hinted...about you," Maria said.

Isabel looked at her. "He did?!" Isabel asked, then cleared her throat. "I mean...cool..."

Maria laughed. "Ok...no need to be discreet with me, I feel your pain."

"Yeah...so, has he talked to you?" Isabel asked.

Maria frowned a little. "Not really. Just the usual, you know? 'Hey, what's up?' But then again, it is Michael we're talking about. When does he ever make the first move?" she asked. "What about you?"

Isabel nodded. "Haven't heard from Alex, not that I blame him...but Michael, he was over yesterday. Him and Max did the whole staring at the ceiling all day thing," she added.

Maria glanced at Isabel. "How is Max?" she asked softly.

Isabel sighed. "Not good..."

Maria understood. Liz had broke-up with Max right before school ended then left as soon as possible. Maria knew it was hard for Liz to be around Max, and it was obvious that Max was taking it bad. As soon as she left, Max stopped hanging out with the group. Not that there was much of a group left, but he just didn't come around much. He talked to them when he saw them, but it was different. Maria couldn't even remember the last time he was in the cafe. Plus, he cut of all communications with Tess. He wouldn't even look at her. Which, Maria was happy about.

"It's like he isn't even there anymore," Isabel added.

"Well, he just needs time..." Maria said.

Isabel looked at her. "He's been like this ever since...he won't talk about it...Michael was in a good mood yesterday, that is until he went to try and cheer up Max. Before I knew it, both of them were depressing about their lives...it was too pitiful to watch."

Maria smiled. She could picture Max laying on his bed staring up at the ceiling...but Michael...she couldn't see him doing it. "Maybe you should get him to rejoin the world a little you know? Call him and ask him to join us," she suggested.

"Not gonna happen. Crashdown equals Liz in his book."

"Boycotting all Liz-related things?" Maria asked.

"No...just living in fantasy Liz-world," Isabel said. Maria eyed her. "Max has pretty much made it so he does nothing or leaves the house unless he has to. Work is the only way to get him outside," she added.

"Still confused..."

"See...Max is living in this bubble...and if he stays in it, Liz is still with him...but if he leaves it, Liz is really gone...am I making sense now?" Isabel asked.

Maria nodded. "So, Max is now a bubble-boy. Ok...we can still deal."

"How?" Isabel asked.

"We..next time he's at work...we go over and invite him to lunch...or really, we insist he comes. We won't take no," she added.

Isabel shrugged. "It might work." Both girls started to hatch their plan.

*Breathe in right away,
Nothing seems to fill this place
I need this every time
So take your lies, get off my case
Some day I will find
A love that flows through me like this
This will fall away, this will fall away

You're getting closer
To pushing me off of life's little ledge
'Cause I'm a loser
And sooner or later you know I'll be dead
You're getting closer
You're holding the rope and I'm taking the fall
'Cause I'm a loser, I'm a loser, yeah

This is getting old
I can't break these chains that I hold
My body's growing cold
There's nothing left of this mind or my soul
Addiction needs a pacifier
The buzz of this poison is taking me higher
This will fall away, this will fall away

You're getting closer
To pushing me off of life's little ledge
'Cause I'm a loser
And sooner or later you know I'll be dead
You're getting closer
You're holding the rope and I'm taking the fall
'Cause I'm a loser, I'm a loser!

You're getting closer
To pushing me off of life's little ledge
'Cause I'm a loser
And sooner or later you know I'll be dead
You're getting closer
You're holding the rope and I'm taking the fall
'Cause I'm a loser, yeah...

You're getting closer
To pushing me off of life's little ledge
'Cause I'm a loser
And sooner or later you know I'll be dead
You're getting closer
You're holding the rope and I'm taking the fall
'Cause I'm a loser, yeah...*

"Loser" by 3 Doors Down

Max kept his eyes on the ceiling. He didn't even move as a fly came into his vision. If he looked away, he would think of her. And he couldn't take much more. He already felt like his brain was dribbling out of his ears.

Max rolled over on his side and looked out his window. He could hear the birds chirping and see the sun shining. Why is all of this happening? He thought. Don't they know the world ended?

Three soft knocks made him move his eyes. "Go away Isabel..." he said softly.

"Max, honey?" his mother called through the door.

Max sighed. He really didn't want to talk. "Yeah mom?" he called back.

"There's someone here for you," she said.

"I'm not in the mood for company mom..." Max replied.

"Max, you may want to talk to her," his mother added.

Her? Max let his hope rise for a moment, before stamping it back down. Stop it, he told himself. Liz is in LA; with Alex.

"Max...can I come in?" a voice asked. But not just any voice: Tess's voice.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.