Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"You Can Take My Breath Away"
Part 3
by Shelbecat
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything – in fact I owe so much that someone probably owns me.
Summary: This was written in response to a challenge. If you want to try it please send your stories to Maria (jkbhjkbvhjbhj@yahoo.co.uk) and Sherry (shelbecat@hotmail.com).
Challenge:
1) MUST BE CC (M/M, M/L, A/I, K/T).
2) Maria, Liz, Isabel, and Tess are the aliens and are quadruplets. They are all like Isabel, ice queens, popular with ALL the boys and are all cheerleaders.
3) Michael, Max, Alex, and Kyle are all on the football team and are all very popular, they are humans and have been in love with the girls since 3rd grade.
4) Must include an on the run road trip and a capture by the FBI.
5) MUST END HAPPILY.
6) Maria and Isabel are closest as are Tess and Liz. Same with Max/Kyle and Alex/Michael. You decide how the guys found out, how they meet, and how long they are kept by the FBI.
And 1 final rule: IT CANT BE ALL SAD, MUST BE LARGELY FUNNY.

Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This fic is in response to a challenge by Maria (above). If it weren’t for her encouragement I probably wouldn’t write any of my fics down so… thanks. It’s technically a CC but I’m candy to the core so don’t expect much couple development outside of M/M. It’s my second fic and I adore feedback so please send some!
Michael and Alex rang the Parker’s doorbell at exactly 7:55. Liz answered the door. “Come in they’ll be down in a minute.”

Michael and Alex stepped inside. Alex whispered, “Are you sure this is going to work?”

“Relax. Just act like you’re supposed to be Isabel’s date and it’ll go fine. I’m sure of it.” The knot in Michael’s stomach told him he was far from sure.

“Well, if you’re sure.” Alex did not sound confident.

Just then the girls appeared at the top of the stairs.

Michael muttered, “I’m going to be sick.”

“Just be sure to catch me if I faint,” Alex replied

The girls descended the stairs. Alex spoke first. “Isabel, you look beautiful tonight.”

Isabel had her eyes fixated on Michael and was startled when Alex addressed her.

“Oh, um, thanks.”

Maria was reaching for her coat. Michael stepped forward. “Here, let me help you with that.”

Maria shot a questioning glance at Isabel. Isabel did not look impressed.

“Well, I guess we should get going.” Michael held up the car keys.

The foursome walked to the car where Alex held open the front passenger door for Isabel. As he closed the door he turned to catch the keys Michael threw at him and got in the driver’s seat.

“I thought Michael was driving.”

“Oh, no, this is my car.”

Isabel gritted her teeth. “But he had the keys.”

Alex just smiled at her.

Michael and Maria climbed in the back seat and they rode to the restaurant in silence. The girls continued to be confused by the guy’s behaviour throughout the meal. They finally got a moment alone when the guys went to pay the bill.

“What the hell is going on?” Isabel hissed under her breath.

Maria looked at her. “I don’t know, you said I was supposed to date Michael’s friend.”

“You were.”

“Well, Alex seems to really like you.”

Maria thought that Alex was nice enough but it was obvious that he was infatuated with Isabel. And Michael, well to Maria there was just no decision.

“That’s not the point Ria. I am not going to be made a fool of.”

“Iz, you are not being made a fool of. You asked Michael out, right?”

Isabel nodded.

“Well Alex is obviously a good friend. Maybe he knew how much Alex liked you and was trying to do him a favour. Why don’t you give him a chance?”

“You really think Alex likes me?”

“I really think I like Michael.”

Isabel looked shocked. “Oh, I…”

Maria laughed. “Go be with Alex, Iz.”

Isabel shook her head. Michael Guerin needn’t think he could play her like this. But if Ria liked him, well…

When the guys rejoined them Isabel spoke up. “I don’t really feel like going to the movies. Why don’t we go somewhere for coffee Alex?”

Alex practically drooled over her statement. Michael nudged him forcefully.

“Coffee. Alex likes coffee.”

Isabel looked at him strangely and Maria let out a small laugh. Alex blushed and started to stammer but Isabel took him by the hand and led him out of the restaurant leaving Michael and Maria standing alone.

Michael spoke up. “So that’s a surprise, Isabel and Alex.”

Maria looked at Michael. “Yeah, big surprise.” Sarcasm dripped from her words.

Michael looked ill.

Maria couldn’t stop the grin that spread across her face. Michael let out a relieved laugh. “God, I thought you’d be mad.”

Maria shrugged, “No, but you could have just told Isabel that Alex wanted to date her. You didn’t need to get all dressed up and come out tonight.”

“But then I wouldn’t have got to spend the evening with you.”

Maria smiled and moved closer to Michael. Her voice dropped to a whisper. “And was that part of the plan too?”

“Part of? That was the plan.”

Maria looked up into Michael’s chocolate brown eyes, “Well I kind of like that plan.” A smiled played across her lips as she stood up on her tiptoes. Michael leaned down and kissed her full on the lips. Gently at first, then more forcefully. He lifted her up with his arms, pressing her tight to his body. They continued kissing passionately until Maria pulled away.

“Michael,” she gasped.

Michael kept trying to kiss her, searching for her lips with his.

“Michael, the restaurant.”

Michael lifted his head to look around the room. Patrons at every table were staring at them, food falling off their forks onto their plates. The maitre’d was headed straight for them from across the restaurant.

“Monsieur! Madame! You cannot act like zis in my restaurant! Vat kind of behaviour is zis? Out, out!!!”

Michael grabbed Maria by the hand and pulled her outside of the restaurant. The maitre’d kept coming, waving his arms above his head. Michael pulled on Maria’s arm, “Come on, before he really blows up.”

Michael grabbed Maria’s hand and the two ran off into the darkness.

Part 2 | Index | Part 4
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.