Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"You Can Take My Breath Away"
Part 12
by Shelbecat
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything – in fact I owe so much that someone probably owns me.
Summary: This was written in response to a challenge. If you want to try it please send your stories to Maria (jkbhjkbvhjbhj@yahoo.co.uk) and Sherry (shelbecat@hotmail.com).
Challenge:
1) MUST BE CC (M/M, M/L, A/I, K/T).
2) Maria, Liz, Isabel, and Tess are the aliens and are quadruplets. They are all like Isabel, ice queens, popular with ALL the boys and are all cheerleaders.
3) Michael, Max, Alex, and Kyle are all on the football team and are all very popular, they are humans and have been in love with the girls since 3rd grade.
4) Must include an on the run road trip and a capture by the FBI.
5) MUST END HAPPILY.
6) Maria and Isabel are closest as are Tess and Liz. Same with Max/Kyle and Alex/Michael. You decide how the guys found out, how they meet, and how long they are kept by the FBI.
And 1 final rule: IT CANT BE ALL SAD, MUST BE LARGELY FUNNY.

Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Author's Note: This fic is in response to a challenge by Maria (above). If it weren’t for her encouragement I probably wouldn’t write any of my fics down so… thanks. It’s technically a CC but I’m candy to the core so don’t expect much couple development outside of M/M. It’s my second fic and I adore feedback so please send some!
Kyle drove through the night until he couldn’t keep his eyes open for one more moment and then Max took over. In the back of the van Liz and Tess were sleeping on two of the seats with Isabel curled up on the third, her head in Alex’s lap. Michael was still sitting on the floor, Maria lying beside him. Sleep tugged at his brain but he couldn’t quiet the voices in his mind long enough to get some sleep.

What was all that stuff?

He couldn’t quite make sense of what had happened as they had escaped from their captors but he knew it had something to do with how quiet Maria had been when they were first captured. Eventually exhaustion won out and Michael drifted into a restless sleep.

~~~~

Max saw the sign for Amarillo and called in the back to see if anyone was ready to stop. It was almost daylight so they decided to park the van for the day and get some rest in a local hotel. There was probably no one following them but just in case it would be safer to travel under the cover of darkness.

They pulled into the parking lot of the Amarillo Holiday Inn and Isabel took charge of the situation.

“Okay, who has cash?” she asked everyone.

The girls were still in hospital gowns from their torture sessions so it was up to the guys to provide the money. Isabel gathered the money they each held out and waved her hand over it.

“A thousand dollars,” she said. “Not too bad.”

Kyle choked a little. “A thousand dollars?” he asked in amazement.

Alex looked just as confused. “I only gave fifteen – who’s Mr. Rich Guy?”

“Relax, Alex. She switched them.” Michael explained. Looking at Isabel he questioned, “So is that how you afford all your pretty clothes?”

Isabel looked at Michael with irritation. “We do not make a habit of changing dollar bills, Michael.”

“Could have fooled me.” Michael responded.

“Look, this is an emergency…”

“And I suppose that makes it alright?”

“Yes, it does.”

“Fine.”

Michael really didn’t care about the money. He was starting to get severely annoyed by all the secrets the girls were keeping. Here they were practically performing magic and nothing—not even an offer of an explanation.

Isabel handed some of the bills to Max. “Go inside and get two rooms. Adjoining if possible. And Kyle, see if you can buy some clothes for us in that store.”

Isabel handed another handful of bills to Kyle.

“Me? Shop for girls clothes?” Kyle asked.

Now Tess spoke up. “It’s easy. Just get 4 outfits—3 smalls and a medium. Shoes too, 6, 6, 7, and 8.”

Kyle looked anything but sure. “Okay…”

Max went inside the hotel while Kyle walked to the store next door. He thought he had the harder job but was back before Max had even checked in. He climbed in the van and passed back three bags full of clothes and shoes.

“That was quick,” Tess said.

“Yeah, I just found a clerk and told her I needed clothes for my sister and her friends. I said you got them dirty and wanted new stuff. She was totally into it.”

Liz laughed. “I can imagine. Freedom to pick out four complete outfits – who wouldn’t be?”

Maria reached into the bag and pulled out an extra large T-shirt. “Um, Kyle?”

“What?”

“You did say small and medium, right?”

“Yeah,” Kyle turned to see the shirt Maria was holding up.

“Because this is not going to fit.”

“It’s for Michael. I figured he could use something clean.”

Maria handed the shirt to Michael.

“Thanks man,” he replied.

“No prob.”

Michael started to unbutton the shirt he was wearing but his injured arm was pressed against his chest. He moved to take the sling off but shots of pain rang through his body. Maria saw this and moved to help him.

“Here, let me,” she said, reaching out to him.

Michael pulled away. “No, leave it. It’s fine.”

“It’s okay, I can help you get it off.”

Michael looked at her, “I said, No.”

Maria retreated slightly. “Okay.”

Michael turned his head away. He hadn’t meant to snap at her but it was too late to eat his words once they had crossed his lips.

Max climbed into the van just then and told Kyle to drive around back. “Rooms 14 and 15. Outside and inside entrances, ground floor. Sound good?”

“Good thinking,” Liz responded. “We’ll be able to make a quick escape if…” she let the words die on her lips.

~~~~

The girls all filed into one room with the guys going in the other. Isabel told Alex to give them a few minutes alone before opening the adjoining doors.

The girls sat down on the beds and just looked at each other. It was the first time they had been alone since all of this had started.

Tess spoke first, “What are we going to do?”

Liz rubbed Tess’s back gently as she answered, “I don’t know sweetie.”

Tears formed in Tess eyes. “I don’t want that to ever happen again,” she said as the tears spilled over.

Liz gathered her into a hug. “It won’t honey. We’re okay now.”

Isabel and Maria looked at their sisters, tears in their eyes too.

“What are we going to do?” Tess repeated.

“Should we tell them?” Liz asked.

“No,” Isabel stated. “Absolutely not.”

Maria looked like she was going to be sick. “I think it’s a little late for that.”

Isabel was quick to reply. “No it’s not. We’ll just figure out a way to explain away what happened but we can’t tell them what we are.”

“I kind of already told Michael.”

“You what?” Liz looked at Maria with wide eyes while Isabel buried her face in her hands.

“Shit.” Isabel mumbled.

Maria defended herself. “I didn’t mean too. It was just after they brought me into the guy’s room. I was still drugged.” Her voice started to waver. “I didn’t know what I was saying.”

“Are you sure he heard you?” Isabel asked.

Maria’s voice was no more than a whisper now, “Pretty sure.”

“Well that settles it then. We’re telling them.”

Part 11 | Index | Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.