FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Homework and Dance Lessons "
Part 13
by hitchhiker
Disclaimer: The usual. The characters and Roswell don’t belong to me, but to WB, etc. I’m only borrowing them for a while!
Summary: After the brief truce they come to in Sexual Healing, our favorite couple reach a level of semi-comfort in their relationship. (Sigh, if M&M ever become completely comfortable with their lives and themselves, they wouldn’t be M&M!)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Now that Crazy is out, I thought I'd better hurry up and send the final parts of this story in! Thanks to everyone who sent feedback on the early parts of this fic - you gave me great encouragement. One acknowledgement needs to be made here: some of the interaction between M&M here is owed to the characterisation in the fanfic series, Roswell Elementary (check it out, it's great! http://www.crosswinds.net/~raddish/index.html). While my story is not at all dependent on the stories there, they've definitely influenced the characters as I see them now.
“You coming over later tonight?” Michael asked softly under the neon sign as he reluctantly pulled himself away from Maria’s kiss.

“Sorry,” she answered ruefully. “My mom’s coming home tonight.”

“So how about I come over to your place?” he asked hopefully.

“Uh uh, definitely not a good idea. If she finds you in the morning, you can bet she won’t just be using a newspaper this time.” He remembered being woken by a hysterical woman flailing a newspaper at him. Amy De Luca was as nutty as her daughter.

“So, move in with me,” he deadpanned. Michael and his matter-of-fact solutions. From the corner of her eye, Maria saw their four friends start in surprise. She thought she saw Isabel choke.

“Um, Michael. If I do that, my mom will not only not use a newspaper on you, she’ll not only not use a newspaper on me as well!” His head reeled, like it always did when Maria went into Hurricane-mode. “But I’ll come over first thing tomorrow, ok?” Her hand reached out for him, feeling the need to reassure him somehow. She didn’t mean to confuse him, her motor-mouth just worked on reflex. “After all, we never got round to finishing those geometry problems last night, did we?”

“And after that you owe me Dance Lesson Number Two, De Luca.” Michael whispered in her ear.

“Only if you promise to pay up in kind, Spaceboy.”

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 14
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.