FanFic - Michael/Maria
"The Awakening"
Part 2
by Laura
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of these characters so please don’t sue me.
Summary: The dreams and confusion ensue.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: Hope you all enjoy it. Feedback would be great
Maria finally plucked up the courage and knocked on his door. She didn’t know why but she was terrified and her hands shook in agreement. It opened and he stood there, looking at her and a moment of confusion past over his face. For a second she thought she had done the wrong thing coming to him but it past and he stepped aside to let her into the apartment. The door clicked shut and she turned to him. They stood there staring at each other, not saying a word and the tension between them grew. He moved closer to her but they still didn’t touch. The anticipation was killing Maria so she reached out and placed a hand on his chest just to make sure that he was really there. Michael took her=! 20trembling hand and pulled her closer to him. He used his other hand to lightly caress her cheek and she tilted her head to kiss it. Then he released her hand from his gentle grasp and ran his fingers slowly up her side, creating a tingling sensation along the places he touched. He cupped her face and kissed her intensely as she held onto him in a fierce embrace. Michael slipped his fingers through her hair and their kisses became more hot and hungry as they clung to each other as if one of them would suddenly disappear. She began to unbutton his shirt as he stole kisses along her neck and he flung it of without a thought. Her hands slid down his chest and he trembled with her cool touch. Michael! suddenly stopped and took a step back and Maria looked at him confused.

“What is it? What’s wrong? she asked. He pulled her into his arms again and kissed her lips tenderly.

“I love you Maria!” he whispered. She touched his face softly.

“I love you too Michael!” she replied and drew him in closer. They stood like that for a couple minutes, hugging each other tightly and savouring the moment together. Maria whispered urgently into his ear.

“Wake up Michael! I need you! You have to remember! Please before it’s too late! Don’t forget me!” She disappeared from his arms and he was left hugging the air.

Michael woke up with a start and tried to remember what his dream was about. His jolt awoke the sleeping figure beside him and she turned to see what was wrong. For a moment there he was startled to find her in his bed but the feeling flew away, along with his memories of the dream. He reached out to touch her face just to make sure she was really there.

“Michael what’s the matter? God you’re shivering!” She hugged him hard and as he drank in the scent of her long, blonde hair, a face of a girl so familiar yet so unknown flashed before his eyes and he was reminded of his dream. Again he shivered and a sense of confusion and fear overcame him.

It’s ok. I’m fine!” he replied as he took her face in his hands and caressed her cheek. She tilted her face up to him, waiting for a sweet kiss to reassure her that he was alright and he bent forward, eager to please. But again an image of the girl with no name filtered to the surface of his mind and a feeling of dread churned in his stomach. She was still waiting to be kissed and maybe something more but all he could manage was a simple kiss to her forehead. Somehow he felt it was wrong, unnatural to kiss her, to have her in his bed and he was confused at this feeling. His mind told him that this was the way it was suppose to be, that this was the way it always had been but he! felt an ache in his heart.

“I’m tired! Let’s go to sleep!” Isabel looked surprised but she snuggled down under the covers anyway and he wrapped an arm around her. Michael listened as she finally fell asleep and for the rest of that night, everytime he closed his eyes she came; the girl with no name and she whispered to him.

“Is she still asleep?” Nikolas asked Rath as he and Lonnie entered the room.

“She’s sleeping like a baby!” he replied.

“But she’s dreaming a lot. You don’t think she knows about her powers yet?” asked Lonnie.

“Don’t worry. She won’t know how to use them. Besides dreamwalking is only a power that Vilandra has shown.”

“What of the others? Her connection to them! Wouldn’t it alert them to where she is?” asked Rath.

“But you see that is why I got you and my sweet Lonnie here to perform a mind warp on them. By erasing their memories, they won’t even remember that she was born.”

“I added a little something extra for the Royal Four; something that will definitely make them forget about her.” Lonnie said slyly.

“What did you do and was it successful?”

“We completed a mind warp them. Combining our powers together with a similar device you used last time to make the humans disappear, we were able to erase all memories and possessions of hers from the whole town including our alien friends. It will only last a couple of days so we have to be quick!”

“But what of the four? What did you do extra?”

“Let’s just say that I gave them a push in the direction of their supposed destinies that will keep them occupied and confused for a little while.” Lonnie smiled and kissed Rath.

Part 1 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.