FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Sun and Moon"
"LAST CHANCE TO BACK OUT"
Part 4
by Jennie
Disclaimer: My mind tells me that I own Roswell, but my shrink tells me I'm delusional. You decide.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
“What took you so long?” a hushed voice asked.

“Nothing,” was the simple answer given.

“What did you get?” the other questioned.

“This,” he replied, placing the bags in their laps.

“How did you get all this?”

“The usual,” he said, getting annoyed. “What’s with all the questions?”

“Michael, we’ve been sitting in the jeep all day waiting for you. We’ve had to hide from four different patrols. Plus, the food it still warm… what did you do?”

“Look, I got it and that’s all that matters. Let’s get home.”

Without a word, his brother started the jeep to make their way back home.

***

Maria and Liz were ready in record time. After yelling to Liz’s parents that they were leaving and locking the café up, they piled into the Valenti mobile and took off.

“Are you sure you guys want to do this?” Maria asked while driving towards her house.

“Yes! Who knows how much longer we will be stuck in this town? This may be our only opportunity!” Eric yelled over the music.

‘I can't believe I'm doing this,’ Maria thought.

She pulled into the driveway and cursed grabbing everyone’s attention.

“What is HE doing here?” Kyle asked disdainfully.

Maria got out of the SUV and whispered, “Stay here,” before approaching the awaiting deputy.

“Well, well, well. If it isn't Deputy Bobby,” Maria said, her amusement apparent in her voice.

“Maria, how many times do I have to tell you? When I'm in uniform, call me Deputy Hanson.”

She rolled her eyes. “Whatever, Bobby. What are you doing here? Don’t you have some other girl to stalk tonight?”

“The Sheriff told me to come by and check on you when I got the chance. I was on my way home from work so I stopped by.”

“You have an easy job tonight then, because we’re going to the theater party tonight. So go, scurry along BOBBY.”

“I’m not your boyfriend anymore. You have to respect me now. I'm the law,” he whined.

“How would Janice feel if she knew how you acted towards me?”

“Leave my mom out of this!”

“Then leave us alone tonight, Bobby.”

“Fine.” He stalked off across the yard and entered his house next door.

Maria walked back to the awaiting car. “Looks like we’re gonna have to find a new location for tonight. Kyle, go grab the drinks and music… I think I know where we can go.”

***

“Where are we going?” Kyle asked. “There’s nothing over here except—No! Ria! We are not going into the desert!”

“Why not? It’s the perfect place. No one will look for us out there. Heck no one ever *goes* out there!”

“What about the patrol?” Alex argued.

“Travis is patrolling tonight. If he finds us, he won't say anything.”

“But what about all those things that they taught us in school?” Liz asked quietly.

“Yeah, I know, it’s drilled into my head also. ‘Light good, dark bad. Town good, desert bad.’ They’re just exaggerating.”

“I don't know… maybe this isn't such a good idea.”

“Why don’t we vote on it?” Eric suggested.

Everyone looked at each other before nodding in agreement.

“Everyone in favor of going into the desert and having a kick-ass time, raise your hand.”

Maria and Eric both raised their hands.

“Ha! You’re out-voted!” Kyle taunted.

“No… I agree, also,” Jessi said. “This could be fun.”

“Okay, so we’re at an impass. Now what do we do?” Alex asked.

“Well…” Maria spoke, thinking. “Since I'm driving, it looks like I hold the executive power. So, we’re going.”

She ignored the groans of protest and sped along into the night.

Part 3 | Index | Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.