FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Stranded"
Part 1
by Laura
Disclaimer: Yada yada..you know the drill. Me no own. That includes the song “Stranded” by the Pretenders too.
Summary: Michael goes to Maria in the night and he over hears her singing.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Ok, ok. I cheated. This song *was* in an episode of Roswell, but it was in Into the Woods in the scene with Liz and her dad. I thought that this song could have been used better, so I wrote this story.
You know it only breaks my heart

To see you standing in the dark alone

Waiting there for me to come back

I'm to afraid to show

I walk by her house every night. Watching her. Seeing how she was doing. We haven't spoken in over a month. But I still wanted to watch her. She was always so animated, so full of life. But whenever I see her cry...that makes me want to run. Run away, faster than I have ever done before. It's because of me that she's crying. But I have to stay away. I may hurt her. I hated seeing her cry, like she was tonight. Only, she was singing at the same time. You could hear the song from the street, she had it turned up so loud. The song was going out to me, making me stay and watch her. I didn't run tonight.

If it's coming over you

Like it's coming over me

I'm crashing like a tidal wave

That drags me out to sea

I wanna be with you

And you wanna be with me

I'm crashing like a tidal wave

And I don't wanna be

Stranded, stranded, stranded, stranded

I don't know why I'm singing and crying at the same time. Maybe it was because this song means so much to me. I love him. He loves me back. Yet, he wants to stay away. He must be afraid of something good actually happening to him. That had to be a new concept for Michael.

I can only take so much

These tears are turning me to rust

What if he actually goes along with this 'destiny' idea? But he does love me...that's what he said. But he's hurting me more by staying away and 'protecting' me.

I know your waiting there for me to come back

I'm too afraid to show

This song was definitely about Maria and me. It fit so perfectly. No wonder she was singing to it. Is this how she feels? And she must still love me. She's waited this whole time.

If it's coming over you

Like it's coming over me

I'm crashing like a tidal wave

That drags me out to sea

I wanna be with you

And you wanna be with me

I'm crashing like a tidal wave

And I don't wanna be

Stranded, stranded, stranded, stranded

I didn't know what happened. I always wanted to be near her. Of coarse I never let on, but I never complained when Max wanted to go to the Crashdown to go see Liz. I wanted to be near her as much as possible. And we knew each other so well...One night. Just one night is all it took for her to get stuck in my head. Under my skin. And I still do wanna be with her. Why else would I watch her every night?

I miss you, I need you

Without you, I'm stranded

I love you so much so come back

Here I am. Lying on my bed. Crying and singing. It's been such a long time...and I'm still in love with him. It's like I never saw the world for what it's worth before I met Michael. I'm so alone right now. And I should be over him by now. After all, he did this to me before, and he'll probably do it again. But I still, want him to come back.

I'm not afraid to show

If it's coming over you

Like it's coming over me

I'm crashing like a tidal wave

That drags me out to sea

I wanna be with you

And you wanna be with me

I'm crashing like a tidal wave

And I don't wanna be

Stranded, stranded, stranded, stranded

That's it. This was torture. What ever happened to that stone wall? I really needed it. But then Maria came into my life...and I didn't need it anymore. Practically every time I saw her a brick or two would fall. Why was I still in love with her? Why was she still in love with me? It's been so long...and we still love each other as much as we did before. I miss our fights. I miss sending out our 'vibes.' I miss...her. I don't want to be alone. Why was I doing this again? To not hurt her. Oh, well..that didn't really work. I've been hurting her more ever since I ran away again. And myself. Yup, this was pure torture. I'm gonna do what I should have done a long time ago. Why did it take me so long to just look at the obvious answer? We're happy together. We belong together.

Oh baby I miss you

Oh baby I need you

Oh baby I love you

So baby come back

Michael walked up to her window, as the song was ending. He knocked softly on her window and she came. She didn't look mad. She didn't look sad. Her tears had dried. They simply, looked each other in the eyes, and they knew how they felt. Michael and Maria then kissed each other when the song ended.

Part 0 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.