FanFic - Michael/Maria
"One Down"
Part 1
by Paula
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Sequel to Stone Refugee, Michael and Maria talk about that night.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Feedback: Please oh please. If not I swear, Liz will dump Max, run back to Kyle, Max will commit suicide because of the rejection.
Maria sat at her mirror lost in thought as she brushed her hair. *I wonder how Michael is doing. I haven't seen him since that night. PoorMichael.*

"No!" Maria slammed her brush down. "I'm nothing about him. "No. I need to forget all about him. And I don't care, if he ever shows up here again the answer will be no. I mean it this time."

Maria's self-scolding was interrupted by a knock at her window. She jumped to her feet letting out a little squeak as she did so. "Michael?!" She walked to the window but didn't open it. "What do you want?"

"Open the window, Maria." Michael rolled his eyes. "I don't want to talk to you through a piece of glass." "Why not?" Maria asked.

Exasperated, Michael opened the window himself and climbed through. "You should lock your windows. There are a lot of creeps in this world."

Maria threw her hands up in the air and plopped down on her bed. "Yeah. Like the one my mom is on her weekend trip with."

"Your mom went on a trip with Valenti?" Michael felt ill.

"Yep. If she's not careful, Kyle and I are going to be siblings." Maria made a face. "Ew." Michael chuckled. "I'd hate to be in your shoes.'

"Shut up, Michael." Maria changed the subject. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I figured I'd come by and let your mom hit me with the newspaper again. But drat, she's not here." Michael managed to keep a straight face.

Maria on the other hand was unable to suppress her smile. "I could fill in if you want."

"Naw, it wouldn't be the same." Michael flashed Maria one of his killer smiles. Maria almost melted. *No! No melting. I'm ice girl.*

"So, Michael, really, why are you here?"

The smile faded from Michael's face and he shuffled his feet nervously.

"I . . . uh, just wanted to say how much I appreciated you letting me stay here that night." Michael raised his eyes to meet hers. "Thank you,Maria."

"Michael . . ." Maria walked to him and took his hand. "You're welcome. I'm glad that you know you can trust me."

"I"ve always trusted you. Well, once I adjusted to you knowing the truth about me anyway."

"You could have fooled me." Maria averted her eyes and began to move away.

Michael gripped her hand tightly stopping her retreat. "I'm sorry for that. I've been a real jerk to you more than once. And I owe you an apology. I'm sorry." Michael pulled Maria into his arms, holding her tightly. "Forgive me?"

Maria smiled raising her eyes to his. "Just this once. I guess."

Michael gazed deep into Maria's blue eyes. *Oh, what the hell. What's life without a little risk?* Michael leaned down and captured Maria's lips in a passionate kiss.

Maria was electrified. With one kiss stars went super nova and planets collided. After an eternity Michael pulled away.

"What happened to the stone wall?" she asked breathlessly.

Michael smiled. "It cracked." He enfolding Maria in his arms.

As she snuggled against his chest she murmured, "One down, Max to go."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.