FanFic - Michael/Maria
"On Hollow Ground"
Part 11
by Ria
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or any of its characters I'm just having some fun with it all.
Summary: Some fishy things go down in the little town of Roswell and when problems arise the pod squad doesn't know who to trust. Takes place after Destiny minus all the couples breaking up.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I know it's been forever since Cruel Intentions and 3 Strikes and You're Out, but I finally made the time amongst my summer vacation and wrote my second real fan-fic so I hope everyone likes it.
Isabel sat at Michael's kitchen table, lightly kicking her foot against the table leg. Everyone had been gone at least a half an hour and sitting by herself was driving her crazy.

"Michael told me to wait until 9:00, then to come down and visit him." She told herself aloud, trying to talk herself into sitting by herself for another half an hour. But even if she did go down to the police station what was that really going to do? Get her a visit with him? She could talk to him anytime she wanted. What difference was traveling halfway across town going to make? Then it hit her. With a smile she grabbed her purse and the keys to her mother's car. ******************** "Come on kid. Tell us where they are." A different cop stood over Michael asking the same questions the 3 cops before him had asked. Michael fidgeted with seem of his shirt listening to the man over him talk. Three hours in the same room with the same conversation was getting a bit crusty. He was about to scream.

"George." The man who was trying to get answers from Michael looked at his partner in the doorway.

"When I come back you better be ready to answer my questions." The fat man left Michael's side. "What is it?" He scratched the top of his bald head as his partner handed him a donut. "Thanks."

"This guy's got a visitor." He said biting into his own donut. "She's been here for a half hour just talking to the guys."

"No, you know it's not procedure. We can't." George looked back at Michael, who was clearly eavesdropping on the conversation.

"George, have a heart. She 's real nice and she's really worried about him. Says she's his girlfriend." Michael almost fell out of his chair. Maria was there to see him?

"Yeah, but Don, what if-" He cut his partner off.

"No one's gonna find out. She's just gonna come in and see him for a second. You can stay in here the whole time." His friend gave him a questioning glare.

"Okay, sure." He looked at Michael. "If I do this you're gonna start talking." He moved out of the way and Michael smiled excited to finally see Maria's face.

"Hi Michael." Isabel flashed him an angry look when his smile faded.

"Hi…baby." He tried to sound normal, but it wasn't really working.

"Are you okay? I was so scared." She came towards him not even trying to act upset. The officer's bought every word she told them. "Can we have a little privacy?" Isabel said sliding one of her hands over his cheek.

"Miss, I'm sorry I can't do that." Isabel didn't bother turning towards him. Instead she frowned and inconspicuously pulled something from her pocket. She thought about sliding what she had for Michael in his hand but decided against it. George was way too close. There was only one chance of giving it to him.

"I missed you so much." She said sweetly, before pretending to cough into her hand. "I miss your kiss." Michael almost felt his eyes pop out of his head. She was leaning into his face. "Did you miss my kiss?" She said opening her mouth to expose a silver padded key on her tongue. The only key that could open Michael's cell door, a door so heavy their powers could never move it.

"I definitely missed it." He said sitting up waiting for her. She eased in slow, feeling his hot breath on her lips. Then she closed her eyes and touched her lips to his. Before she even thought to open her mouth and let his tongue in, Michael had brought her lips apart, gotten the key, and pulled away. She backed away trying to think of a quick exit. The faster she got out the faster they would be on the road and with the rest of the gang.

"Well, I never!" She yelled smacking Michael right across the face. "Don't call me, don't come to my house, don't even think about me." She said taking no time to leave the room with her bitch act on.

"Wow." Michael gagged almost swallowing the key, while rubbing a hand over his face.

"Woman." The cop huffed watching Michael lick his lips.

****************** "It was just one kiss." Isabel scolded herself for even thinking of Michael in that non-brother type way. "It wasn't even that good." She smiled. "Well it would have been if we were alone and if it would have lasted more than two seconds." She pressed the gas at the sight of the green light and continued on her way back to Michael's apartment. That was going to be pure joy. Sitting around on a Saturday night watching crummy USA movies was definitely not Isabel's style. She had had a date but because of the crisis, hadn't managed to call and cancel.

"I need some music." She turned the radio on in her mom's car to hear, Jessica Simpson singing about being in love. "Okay, no." She went a few stations up and stopped on The Backstreet Boys singing a lovey, dovey song. "Nope." She turned the dial down and stopped on another station to hear the voice of Celine Dion belting out a love song. "Come on!" She yelled turning the radio off. She wasn't in love with Michael. She just wasn't.

*******************

Michael waited for Bill to shut his cell door before sitting down on the cot he had no plans of sleeping on.

"You better get some sleep because we're gonna be getting you up bright and early tomorrow." He smiled watching Michael try to get comfy on the bed.

"You can't join me so don't even ask." Michael smiled, not facing Bill.

"Funny, you just wait 'till tomorrow when I get you up at 6 a.m. to dig ditches. Then we'll see how much of a sense of humor you got." Michael patted his pillow trying to fluff it.

"I can't wait." He heard him walk away. After a few straight minutes of pretending to sleep he walked over to his cell door and peeked out into the prison hallway to see an officer leaning back in his chair, dosing off. It was the perfect time to escape. He took the key out of his pocket and shoved his hand through the opening in the door where his food was delivered to him. He could do this, he had to get out. Pressing his face against the cold metal door, he felt the key click in the lock and as quietly as possible opened the door.

"How the hell do I get out of here?" He said under his breath. He jumped at the sensation of a strong hand over his mouth and arms holding onto him tightly.

"Shhhhh." The stranger hushed him and loosened his grip. Michael turned to see an officer looking back at him. "I'm not really him. This isn't my face." Michael didn't know how to react to what he was telling him. "Come with me." Nesado gripped Michael's bulging bicep and pulled him through a few dark hallways, finally to a locked doorway. With a quick slip of the hand Nesado opened the door and shoved Michael out into the cold, night air.

"This was my fault, I didn't mean for all this to go this far. "

"What-for what to go this far?" Michael swallowed hard and looked at who he used to believe was his family.

"Hurry go." He continued to watch Michael stare at him. "Do you want your friends do die? Get out of here and find them."

"Why? Why did you do all this?" He balled his hands up in fists and tried to hold his anger back.

"Whatever you think is going on you have the wrong idea. I'm not here to hurt any of you. I'll explain later. Just go."

"So it was some other alien with your power to shape-shift who hurt my friends?" He snarled letting his betrayed feelings take over.

"Michael, please. We're being watched, she's watching. Get out of here." He hoarsely whispered. "Go! Or you and all your friends are going to die!" He blew a gust of wind knocking Michael on his butt.

"What the hell?" Michael looked around the empty ally and the night sky above. She was watching them?

Part 10 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.