FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Obsession"
Part 4
by Zagnom
Disclaimer: I own nothing and no infringement is intended.
Summary: Maria has an obsession ... read on!
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the first part of many to come ... or maybe not so many, but more are on the way.
Liz looked out her window as Maria pulled up into the parking lot for the cafe. Living above the Crash Down, the lot served as her family’s driveway as well. By the time Maria was at her door, Liz was there waiting for her. Liz giggled as Maria came inside, but Maria just managed a smile. Liz knew this wasn’t just going to be a normal girl’s night. Maria had something on her mind.

Liz had no idea how right she was. Maria sat down on her family’s couch and rolled her eyes as she said sadly to Liz, "Why does life have to be so complicated?" Liz sat down beside Maria and replied, "That’s life, Maria. What’s beating your brain at four in the afternoon?" Maria tried to chuckle but it sounded more like a moan as she said to Liz, "Have you ever been so totally in love with someone that you like obsess about him like having dreams and fantasies with him in them or like thinking about him every waking moment?" Liz blushed slightly and nodded as she stated matter-of-factly, "Have you been blind to my mishaps and miscommunications with Max that much, Maria? Gosh, I’ve had my fantasies with him- in my fantasies. I mean, I know what you’re talking about. Go on." Maria took a deep breath and said, "Well, if I don’t stop I think my head will explode." Liz got up and motioned for Maria to sit as she declared, "This calls for ice cream! Any favorites?"

A few minutes later, they were nibbling on a carton of Mint oreo ice cream- it was the only kind that Liz had in her parent’s apartment. Liz swallowed a spoonful and said almost excitedly, "So, you’ve been obsessing about Michael?" Maria nodded while eating her spoonful of ice cream. Liz asked her, "Is that bad?" Maria almost spit out her ice cream before she answered, "Liz, of course it matters! He and I aren’t even getting alon g that well and I’m having dreams and I can’t stop thinking about him, lately. I mean, I so much as stretch and I think of him, Liz. I can’t deal with this. I want to get close to him, but I can’t fathom-" she paused and Liz finished, "getting that involved?" Maria nodded and ate another spoonful of ice cream. Liz continued, "Maria, your seventeen. You’ve always had Michael on your mind since before he even kissed you. What’s so bad that you’re freaking out about him being on your mind?" Maria looked at Liz and said, "Well, before he wasn’t the only thing on my mind 24/7." Liz nodded and replied while scooping some ice cream onto her spoon, "I mean, it’s fun to ... I used to do that, but Maria- we don’t even know if they will be around that far in the future. We barely even know if they’ll be around tomorrow." Maria nodded and looked straight into Liz’s brown eyes as she said worriedly, "See why I’m like scared to death about this? I mean, what if Michael is having these feelings? He’s been avoiding Isabel, but he hasn’t exactly been around me that much either." Liz swallowed and said, "Maria, just because he’s alien doesn’t mean he’s supposed to be more mature than us. Max thinks he’s having some kind of problem between himself and you and Isabel." Maria sniffled and said, "He’s had feelings for her like he’s had for me, Liz. I mean, isn’t it obvious? He told me that we can’t get that intense." "yeah," Liz urged. Maria continued, "That’s like Max telling you he needs to take a step back. Saying he’s afraid to hurt you. Then Max got all mushy with Tess. What if Michael is supposed to get that with Isabel just because he’s like programmed to?" Liz wasn’t sure where this was going, but she was interested as she asked, "What do you mean, programmed?" Maria explained, "Well, maybe he was meant to fall in love with Isabel and maybe his future is with her. Maybe Max’s future is with Tess. Maybe it’s better for all of them you know to have it that way..." she trailed off, beginning to cry.

How could Liz reply to that? What would she say? She didn’t want to admit it freely, but what if they were better off with alien mates? No, she wasn’t going to believe that, she tool Maria’s hands in hers and said, "No, Maria. Don’t think that. I mean, logically they might be better off with Tess and Isabel, but it wouldn’t be like the love they feel for us. Besides, maybe you’re just making a bunch of something out of like nothing." Maria wiped her eyes and said to Liz, "Maybe ... I dunno, Liz. You and Max have this who look into your eyes, soulmate type of thing. I don’t know what Michael and I have. I don’t even know and I’m obsessing about him." Liz wanted to make light of the serious situation. She knew it would work out on its own, so she said, "You want a Tylenol for that headache?" Maria looked really sad as she nodded and replied, "better make it extra strength."

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.