FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Maria's Song"
Part 1
by Tigerlilly
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything, blah, blah, blah…
Summary: Maria writes a song.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is a song I wrote (also actual name of song) so please respond to song and story! Also please put fanfic in the box when you respond, it would help greatly.
“Why can’t I write?” Maria thought aloud. She was having writer’s block. Ever since that whole Michael thing, she couldn’t write a song. She did everything she usually did when she wanted to write. She lit her candles, got her notebook and pen, and sat on her bed to think. But this time nothing would come. She decided to call Liz. “Hello?”

“Hey babe.”

“Oh hey.”

“Liz are you crying?” Maria could tell that she was trying to hold back tears. “I’m sorry Maria but after what happened with me and Kyle and Max seeing it, I just can’t stop. It doesn’t matter, what did you need?”

“Oh nothing important, I just have writer’s block from this whole destiny thing, don’t worry about me.”

“OK well I have to work now so I’ll see ya later. Bye.”

“Bye.” Talking to Liz didn’t help and Alex didn’t understand what was going through her head. She was starting to question her feelings towards Michael. She wasn’t sure all this pushing and pulling was love and she wasn’t sure if she hated him. “I don’t know if I love you or hate you,” she started to sing. She ran to her bed and started writing.

I don’t know if I love you or hate you
All my feelings are up in the air
I’m not exactly sure what to do
Not sure if I really care
What’s with this fantasy reality comin’ true?
What’s with us feelin’ black and blue?
Why aren’t we together?
Isn’t this supposed to be forever?
Your kiss is fatal
Your touch burns my skin
Your heart corrupts mine
I felt it all within
Can you feel these emotions too?
Can you feel my heart beating fast?
I’m not sure what to do
Not sure if I want this to last
What’s with this fantasy reality comin’ true?
What’s with us feelin’ black and blue?
Why aren’t we together?
Isn’t this supposed to be forever?
I wish I could say no to you
Wish I could stop you in your tracks
I’m sick of all the things you do
No, I will not relax.
What’s with this fantasy reality comin’ true?
What’s with us feelin’ black and blue?
Why aren’t we together?
Isn’t this supposed to be forever?
I’m sick of hearing about love
And all that soulmate crap
There aren’t 20 white doves
I’m not going to fall into your lap
I’d rather see it on a TV show
I won’t end up your little ho
Just make sure I’m not treated like shit
Or else I’m through with all of it.

She ripped it out of her notebook and ran to her car. She drove for the library and made 7 copies of the song. She went back home and dropped off 6 of them to Max, Liz, Isabel, Alex, Tess, and Kyle. Then she took the other copy and drove to Michael’s house.

As soon as he opened the door, she started talking. “Michael, since Courtney is gone, we really need to talk. Since May, I have had severe writer’s block and since I’m a songwriter, that can’t happen. So after talking to Liz and thinking about us, I wrote this song.” She placed it on his coffee table. “Read it and then tell me what you think.” She turned around and walked out of the apartment.

He let out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding. He was still caught on how good she looked as she just went straight to the point with no bullshit. He slowly made his way to the table and picked up the song. He read it and immediately thought about the fact that he didn’t know she sang or wrote. If this was a major part of her life, why didn’t he know about it? Well he was too wrapped in himself to even notice that he wasn’t the only thing in her life. He grabbed a pen and wrote ‘Maria’s Song’ across the top. Then he went to Maria’s house.

He saw that everyone else was there when he finally got there. When he walked into her room, everyone was sitting and talking to Maria about the song. Maria looked up and saw him and she blushed. That is not a normal thing for her to do so he proceeded to walk to the bed and sit next to her. She blushed even more and covered her cheeks with her hands. Everyone else just kept talking about how much they loved the song since it described exactly what they were feeling. Michael finally noticed that Max and Liz were together. He figured out that Liz explained everything to him and he was OK. He also noticed that Isabel was finally admitting everything to Alex and Tess was kissing Kyle. He decided to take Maria out to talk. He picked her up and carried her out of the room into her mother’s room. He put her down and started talking. “Maria, I love the song and the fact that you could give it to me. I love you and all I want is to wrap you in my arms and hold you forever. Please forgive me for being such a complete asshole.” She looked up at him and kissed him. She was so happy that he finally knew how she felt about everything. He kissed her back because he knew almost everything about her. When they went back to her room, Alex said that he wanted Maria to sing the song with his band on Friday. She said yes and jumped up to get ready. Everyone just laughed and everything was OK between everyone. And all it took was one little song.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.