Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"Home"
Part 5
by Jordan
Disclaimer: Do not own anything having to do with Roswell at ALL
Summary: Um...just read. K? I can't sum it up, it's too confusing. Takes place after BIY
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Author's Note: Thanks to Jeanette for giving me the idea. Thanks to my musketeers, you know who you are, and to Regina and Darrah.
The next morning, Maria's alarm went off at 4:30 am. She hurried and turned it off. She got out of bed, put on the nearest thing she could find and walked into the kitchen. She found a piece of notebook paper and scrawled a note onto it.

Dear Mom:

You've probably noticed that I'm not in my bed. Great way to start a letter. I don't exactly know where I'm going or when I'll be back. I just needed to do this. I am going to find my father. I've been thinking about it alot lately and it's just something I have to do. Michael is coming with me, so I'll be safe. He'll take care of me, you know he will. I love you and Sean both. I'll try to be in touch when I can.

Love Maria

When she was finished, she took one last look at her home.

"Say good-bye," she said quietly and then exited through the back door.

She got to Michael's around five. He was waiting outside when she arrived. He looked at her and cupped her face in his hands.

"Are you sure you can do this?" he asked her once again. She thought for a moment and then nodded. They both got into the red Jetta and left for the pod chamber.

When they got there, the others were already in the granolith chamber waiting. Tess looked annoyed.

"Finally you guys show up," she spat out. Then she turned away and looked at the clock on the wall.

"It's time," Max said. "You all ready?"

Isabel and Tess nodded in unison, and then Max looked in Michael and Maria's direction.

"Michael?" he asked.

Michael looked at Maria and studied her face. He could tell that she didn't want to go through with it. He could also tell that she would never admit it.

"No." They stared at him.

"What?" Maria asked.

"I can't go. I'm not ready. I'd rather just stay here on earth." Michael explained. "I don't know, it's just a feeling I have. That I belong here. I can't explain it."

"Now you change your mind? Now, with one minute left on the clock!! What is that?!" Max yelled.

"It's not for you to decide. You have no say so in whether I go or not, so just leave it alone. I'm not going." Michael latched onto Maria. "Let's just go." Maria nodded.

"I cannot believe you," Max said. He had changed so much in these past few months, that he wasn't the same. He was much more...manipulative.

"You don't have to. Come on, Maria." They left the granolith chamber just seconds before the doors closed for good. They then ran down the mountain and watched he spaceship take off.

"They're really gone," Maria said.

"Yeah." Michael looked at her.

"Why did you change your mind?" Maria asked.

"Because I could tell that you didn't want to go through with it."

"So you stayed so I could stay?"

"Yeah. But I think that I never really wanted to go in the first place."

"I think I knew that. Let's just go." Maria and Michael walked to the Jetta. They stopped and took one last look at the sky. There was a trail of smoke from where the ship had taken off. Michael looked at Maria and smiled. He was glad he stayed. He knew he belonged here. They got in the car and headed for home. Their real home.

Part 4 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.