FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Forced Destiny"
Part 10
by Jennie
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
MUTUAL FRIENDS

That had got to be the worst night in history. Liz rolled over in bed, trying to cover her eyes from the midday sun peeking in. Too late… she was already awake.

She didn't think that her life could get any stranger. First being attacked at work, then the strange boy spying on her, and finally, Maria calling at 4am to get Michael's phone number. She hates Michael!

Her mind was muddled with thoughts and there was only one way to clear them… write in her diary. She slipped out of bed and pulled the book out of it's hiding spot. Curling back up in bed, she flipped to the next blank page and began writing.

Have you ever gotten the feeling that you have left reality and entered a dream world? Welcome to my life. Ever since--

She abruptly stopped writing. Ever since what? What was she about to write? Liz turned the page and scanned a bit, trying to jog her memory. The name "Max" popped out at her. Max? I don't know a Max…

Confused, Liz read the whole passage. This didn't make sense. Panicking, Liz turned to the first page and shocked, begins to read.

***

Two light snores filled Maria's cluttered bedroom. Both Maria and Isabel were lying on the bed in an exhausted sleep.

A quiet rapping erupted from the front door.

The two continued to sleep unperturbed.

Hushed footsteps make their way down the hall and to the bedroom door. It slowly creaks open.

"Maria?" Liz asked quietly, peeking her head inside.

Her friend awoke and turned to her. "Hey Liz." Maria stretched her arm and hit Isabel in the back. "How are you feeling?" Maria asked, trying to block Liz's view of Isabel, not wanting to explain it right now.

"Why is Isabel sleeping with you?"

"Because she's a spoiled brat and she refused to sleep on the floor," Maria replied bitterly.

"I mean, why is she here? You hate her…"

"Okay, I never HATED her, I just strongly disliked her, which I STILL do, by the way-"

"The feelings mutual," Isabel groaned, waking up.

"But… What?… I…" Liz couldn't hold it all back anymore. The tears began pouring down her face.

"Sweetie, what's the matter?" Maria asked running to her friend's side.

"I found my journal," Liz managed to sob out.

"Oh."

***

Around noon, the two girls had finally finished explaining everything to Liz and, surprisingly, she had taken it very well.

"So that creepy guy took only my memories of… Max?" Liz felt weird saying a name she didn't know. She also felt cheated. She had experienced love… the kind of love she had dreamed about forever and she couldn't remember it.

"Yep, that's what we think."

"I… I think that I'm going to go to the UFO Museum and see if talking to him jogs any memories."

"Okay, babe. I love you," Maria hugged her best friend, amazed at the calmness with which she was dealing with this.

***

Liz walked out, leaving Isabel and Maria by themselves once again. The tension was back in full force and the two just sat in uncomfortable silence.

"Look, Maria. I know that we don't like each other too much but I feel like I should warn you. You know the whole girls sticking together bit… Don't put to much hope in having a relationship with Michael. He's not one for compassion or trust. I don't know what possessed him to do what he did."

"The storm…" Maria whispered to herself. It had a life of it's own.

"What?"

"Nothing…" Maria shook her head, trying to smile. She couldn't help but feel hurt even though she already knew all that.

"Just be careful."

Maria's strong dislike for the girl dissipated a little. "You know, you're not as snobby as I thought you were… Thank you."

The moment was interrupted by the sound of the phone ringing. Maria jumped up and answered it.

"Hello?… Oh, hi Sheriff…. Yeah, sure this is a good time to take my statement…. Yeah, I just saw her, she's going to be just fine…"

***

She paid the attendant and walked into the dimly lit museum that she had been in a million times before. This time was different. This time…

She spotted the dark-haired teen in the corner talking to a few kids. He was extremely cute when he wasn't scaring the crap out of her outside her window. Before he could see her, she hid around a corner and peeked at him.

Nothing. No memories. Nothing.

Sighing, she turned and left.

***

One more block… Liz ducked down a side alley leading to the back of her house. She saw him just as she turned the corner.

"Hello, Liz," Corey grinned.

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.