Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"Eight Miles High"
PrologueFigi Fandango
Disclaimer: We don't own Roswell or Melida Metz or any of the characters. If we did we'd be hiding a very big secret!
Summary: A stranger comes to town with a dark and hidden past.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Diary,

I don't know when it all started. No one can really pinpoint the moment their life gets complicated, can they? All I know is that nothing will ever be the same again. Never can I look at someone in the eye and tell them what's been eating at my soul and will continue to for as long as I'm intended to be on this earth. Never again am I to speak to someone without an endless stream of lies spilling out of my mouth. Never am I to live a normal life.

I probably have the ability to unyieldingly pull the world to its knees and have everyone under my power, but have no knowledge of how to control this power. All my life I've lived amongst the world of the hunters. I guess you could say I'm now the hunted. So here I am. Leaving the only sanctuary I've ever known for all my twelve years, about to enter into a world I wasn't meant for. Away from the outskirts of Roswell that has always seemed so safe to me. My life is anything but safe now.

I can still see the prehistoric dinosaur bone lying on top of my chest. Maria gave me that. That was how we had met, her saving me from the prospect of being annihilated by The Nitwit of All Nitwits himself. Billy Cromwell. Grabbing the bone from the museum exhibition amidst shocked gasps, she had slammed him against the wall and threatened him with it, promising that if he came near me again, he'll be eating his brain for breakfast. Like he ever had one.

I still remember her as that loudmouth six-year-old, the queen of the jungle gym, able to get across from one end to the other in five seconds flat.

Dad's calling from downstairs. I guess this is it. I'm to go down with my suitcases and move out of this house after taking one last glimpse. I'm supposed to say goodbye to Maria, Liz and Alex and pretend to be happy about it, pretend that I'll see them again when I know that I never will. I'm to look them straight in the eye and lie.

There's no other choice. I guess you could say that now I have something to hide.

- Jason

Index | Part 1
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.