FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Dying alone "
Part 5
by Caroline
Disclaimer: Someone else, who I probably won't meet owns them...
Summary: Ok, it's a Maria/pregnant fic...without the sex scenes, only there are some interesting plot twists.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my 2nd time writing this part...my computer froze the last time I tried writing this... :o(
"Winter's years cold
And bitter
It chills us to the bone
Haven't seen the sun for weeks
To long to far from home
Feel just like I'm sinking
and I claw for solid ground
And pull nobody under too
I never thought I could feel so low
But oh darkness I feel like letting go
But all of the strength all of the courage
Couldn't life me from this place
I know I can love you much better than
this" -Sarah Mclachlan, Fall from grace.

Maria sat on Liz's bed in her room while Liz sat in her chair. "I still don't know what to do though Liz, I mean I know I have Michael's full support in anything I do, but I don't want him to have any setbacks if he needs to leave, and I don't want to ruin my future. I may not know exactly what I want to do what I get older, but I know I don't want to be a single mother of 7 living off of welfare, it just wouldn't be fair to me or them." Her and Liz were trying to think of their next course of action.

Liz was seeing what Maria was going through and thanked God that she didn't have to deal with this stuff, she just felt so horrible for her friend.

"Well, you know your options Maria, there is keeping it, which I know your not too keen on that idea, then there is adoption, and lastly there is having an abortion, but I know how you feel about that. You have to remember that the this decision has to be yours, and yours alone. Don't do something you will regret because of Michael or someone else. You have to plan your own future Maria, and only you can do that."

On the bed Maria brought her knees up to rest her chin on them. "Yeah I know I can't keep them, first off there is my mom who doesn't even know I have this baby yet. I can't go through what my mom went through, raising a baby so early in life. And I know I can't have my baby, see the baby Michael and I made and then give it to a stranger, I mean we don't even know if the baby will be...A Czech or not. It will be a hybrid, oh god, my baby's going to be a hybrid." Maria was beginning to get hysterical now.

"Ok, calm down. If you want my opinion." Liz waited a minute till she saw Maria nod her head. "You may not want to hear this, but it seems to me that you've kind of already made your decision."

Liz saw how Maria's gaze went from her and then drifted down towards her feet. "Your right." She said in a quiet, lonely voice. "I just don't know how I am going to do this. How am I going to get through this?" She was asking herself more than she was asking Liz.

Liz went over and sat next to her on the bed, she put an arm around her shoulder to comfort her, knowing right now she needed comfort more than anything. "Like I said before Maria, right now I think Michael is your biggest source of comfort now, he'll help you get through this, as will I. All of us, all your friends will help you through this. I promise you, that you will not have to deal with this by yourself."

Maria got up off the bed and walked towards the door. "You mind if I leave? I really just want to go, think things through with myself, make sure I'm making the right choice." She saw Liz nod her head and then Maria left to go think.

Somehow her car just ended up at Michael's apartment. Maria walked the familiar steps to his doorway and stood outside of it. She didn't knock for a few moments. She could already feel the tears dropping on her nose and cheeks. Finally she knocked and heard Michael's familiar footsteps scurry to the doorway.

"Maria." He said, sort of surprised to "What's the matter?" He asked.

Maria continued to stand there in one place, afraid that if she moved she would fall over. For some reason, all of her emotions, fears, pains, and all the reality had come crashing in on her brain and heart. She finally put her feet into motion and ran full speed into Michael.

He wrapped his arms around her, still confused as to why she was here, and why she was crying so badly in his arms. Not that he was upset that she had turned to him for comfort, just a little confused. "Maria, what's the matter?" He asked again.

After a few more moments of silence she answered, "Michael, I have to do it. I have to have to have an abortion. Michael it's the only way for me. I need to do this for myself." Her heart broke again when she said the jaded word 'abortion.' It was a word she had always hated, she hated the though of what would happen to her, and to their baby.

While Maria was still wrapped up in Michael's arms she felt so helpless and yet content to be there all at once. Then the next thing she knew, all she could see was black, and then nothing at all.

Michael felt her go lifeless in his arms, he pulled her away from him, but he had to hold her up or else her body would have gone to the floor. "Maria! Maria!" He began to shake her body a bit. "Oh my God, Maria!" Michael dragged her body to the couch and layed it down. "Oh God." Michael repeated to himself.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 6
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.