Fanfic - Michael/Maria
"Don't Let Go"
Part 13
by Ariana
Disclaimer: I don't own anything
Summary: Second sequel to "Just Like Me" and "Can't Find a Better Man"
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Author's Note: Takes place after Off the Menu and before Heart of Mine. I suggest reading the first two parts to get the feel of the story. I love feedback so e-mail me.
Maria didn't say much on the ride back to Roswell. Michael understood because so much had happened in small increments of time. Maria had lost her past in a blink of an eye and she couldn't help but feel a little lost.

"What happened?" Valenti asked when Kyle and Maria entered the house with Michael. "I thought you were leaving."

Michael shook his head; "There's been a change of plans."

Valenti looked confused, "Where's everyone else? Where's Tess?"

Kyle looked nervously at Maria who decided to tell him, "Tess is gone, she went back to Antar."

"I don't understand," he replied.

Maria had a seat on the couch, "Tess killed Alex, and if we would have gone with her, we all would have been dead too."

"Oh my God," Valenti said under his breath.

Kyle announced with a hint of anger, "She used us dad. She used all of us in her sick little game."

"But she's gone now, and she can't hurt us anymore," Michael put a reassuring arm around Maria.

Maria hid her face in Michael's chest as she began to cry. "I know it must be hard for you Maria to lose your sister, especially in that way," Valenti told her softly.

"She's not my sister," Maria raised her head. "I don't want to live that lie anymore. Nasedo killed my parents and Tess killed my brother. I would die before they hurt any of you."

"Maria, you have been nothing less than a daughter to me, and I am proud to have you as a member of our family," Valenti hoped he gave her some reassurance.

Maria managed to give him a weak smile, "Thank you. I never knew my father, but I can only hope he was someone like you."

* * * One week later

"Maria, where are we going?" Michael asked as he tried to feel his way around.

Maria giggled lightly, "We're almost there spaceboy. Just keep your eyes closed."

"Ok, you're the boss," Michael replied as he let her guide him. He knew they were outside because he felt the cool night air against his skin, plus he heard the sounds of running water.

Maria stopped and then let go of his hand, "Ok, keep them closed." Maria made sure that everything was in place. "Ok, open your eyes." Michael obeyed and opened them. "Surprise!"

Maria was standing in front of a table set for two and lit by candlelight. She had the table set up on the same bridge they were at the week before the one that was over a small stream that ran through the park. "What is this?" Michael asked happily.

"It's our anniversary dinner," Maria announced as she led him over to the table.

Michael was a bit confused, "But our anniversary was last week."

"I know that silly," Maria said as they sat down. "I loved what you did. I loved that you made me Italian food for dinner, but, uh we didn't exactly get to eat dinner."

"True, but you have to admit, it was worth it," Michael teased.

Maria continued as she reached for his hand across the table, "I just wanted to give you a night where we didn't have to say good-bye. That evening didn't exactly end happily."

"Well we're back together, just as we should be," Michael stroked her hand.

Maria grew a little more serious, "I lost a lot in the past few months, but I think I found much, much more. I found out that my life really began when I came to Roswell. It wasn't with Tess or with Nasedo, it was with you. You saved my life by letting me into yours. And I cannot begin to thank you."

"You already have," Michael answered back. "Before I met you I was on a dark path that led to nowhere I had nothing to live for. But then you came along and my life began to make sense."

"So I guess you agree that we're soulmates and can't live without each other," Maria wondered.

Michael smiled, "Oh hell yeah."

Maria laughed, "Well I guess it's time for your present then."

"I get a present," Michael sounded excited.

Maria pulled out a large package from under the table and handled it to him, "I hope you like it."

Michael tore the wrapping paper off as if he was a little kid at Christmas, "Playstation 2, I love it!"

"I just had to get it for you when I saw it," Maria was delighted that he liked it.

"Thank you," Michael put the box down and leaned in across the table and gave her a soft kiss.

Maria was completely beaming, "Well I hope you're hungry, but Liz's dad put together a feast for us, compliments of the Crashdown Cafe."

"Um…before we eat there is something I have to ask you," Michael wanted to just blurt it out.

"Sure, you can ask me anything," Maria told him. Michael got up from his seat and gently took her head. "Is there something wrong?" Maria asked nervously as she stood up.

"Maria, I love you with all my heart. We've been through so many things together, both happy and hard. Our love for each other has endured all these obstacles that crossed our path. And I believe that our love can survive anything." Michael then slowly kneeled on one knee. "Maria, my love." He revealed the beautiful diamond ring he had in his pocket; "Will you marry me?"

Maria was breathless as she stared at the ring that sparkled like the stars. "Yes," she said no lighter than a whisper. Her face broke out into a huge smile, "I love you Michael, and I want to marry you."

Michael quickly slipped the ring on her finger, and then Maria showered him with kisses as the stars danced for them up above. Because at that moment they were truly the happiest people on Earth.

Part 12 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.