FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Destiny Can Wait"
Part 10
by Lea
Disclaimer: I wish I owned Roswell, but I don’t, so don’t sue me please!
Summary: : In a world where humans and aliens distrust each other, an unusual pair discover whether or not they can survive each other!
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is sort of a continuing on story to An Amazing Feeling. People seemed to like that story so we’ll see if it was a fluke and watch how this one unfolds.
Maria woke to the sun shining on her face. Blinking, she opened her eyes and looked around her. Why was she surrounded by rocks?

Her eyes widened as she remembered what had happened to her. She remembered falling, then pain as everything faded out around her. She must have fallen over the ravine, but she should be dead.

She looked up to see how far she had fallen and instead saw Michael's sleeping face. Memories suddenly came flooding back to her, ones she didn’t even know she had. Memories of Max, Liz, and even Isabel rushed into her head.

Then her mind was filled of Michael, only Michael. And she remembered feeling the burst of love he had given her.

Slowly sitting up, she watched him sleep. He loved her, she knew that now.

Maria leaned over and gently stroked his face. He quickly opened his eyes and smiled. “Good to have you with us.” He said in a hoarse voice.

Maria smiled back and leaned over to give him a soft kiss. He kissed her back and wrapped his arms around her. All he wanted to do right now was hold her.

“God, you scared me so much.” He whispered, his voice thick with emotion. “I thought I’d lost you.”

Maria felt tears come to her eyes. It was all still a bit fuzzy.

She looked up again and saw that the drop was a good twenty feet. She should at least be broken in some way. “What did you do to me?” She asked quietly. “Did you heal me?”

Michael pulled away and nodded.

Maria was surprised. “But you told me you couldn’t heal. That it was a Max thing.” She exclaimed. “How could you do it?”

Michael shrugged and looked into her eyes. “It was you.” He said softly, and gently kissed her again.

Maria buried her face in his shoulder and felt tears running down her face again. She had never felt so happy.

She glanced at her watch and gasped. “Michael, it’s eight o’clock!” she exclaimed. “If I don’t get home by about eight thirty, my mom will be suspicious if I’m not up.”

She was disappointed. A little more time with Michael would have been great. But if she didn’t get home in time, she knew there would be no more time with Michael.

Michael seemed to understand and helped her up. She still felt a little dizzy, and she had a killer headache, but she was just thankful she could move.

Michael pointed the way up the ravine, and told Maria to go first.

Maria looked up at the crumbly path uncertainly.

“Don’t worry.” Michael reassured her from behind.

“If you fall, I’ll catch you.”

Maria knew she could trust him, so she carefully made her way up the path. When she finally made it to the top she breathed a sigh of relief.

Then she turned and helped Michael up. He was still tired from healing Maria. It had really drained him, but it was also the most satisfying thing he had ever done.

They slowly walked to the parked Jeep and climbed in.

Maria once again snuggled against Michael on the way home. She wondered how he was going to leave her, if he would drop her off at the edge of town or drive her in a little ways. She didn’t want him to drive all the way to her house, he might get caught.

But to her surprise he drove straight into the middle of town with out even hesitating. He drove her right to her doorstep, and pulled the Jeep to a gentle stop.

Maria leaned over and gave him a passionate kiss, not caring who could see. She loved this alien and wasn’t afraid to show it anymore.

Although, she knew Michael might care, since it would probably be him people would go after, so she cut the kiss short and leapt out of the Jeep.

Giving Michael a coy look, she smiled. “See you tonight.” She said happily.

Michael smiled. “Tonight it is.”

He pulled the handbrake off but Maria’s voice stopped him from driving off. “And Michael?” she called. He lifted his chin and looked at her. “Thanks.” She said, then ran up to her window and climbed in. Looking back out, she gave a wave.

He waved back, put the car into first and drove off.

Yep. Destiny would definitely have to wait.

Part 9 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.