FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Daydreams"
Part 1
by Zenovia
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. But I can dream.
Summary: Post Heat-Wave. Actions and words both speak loud in a relationship.
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the first story I've written and I am very nervous about posting it. I would greatly appreciate feedback on it.
Maria's eyes fluttered shut as Michael's lips claimed hers in a passionate kiss. She felt the tip of his tongue touch hers as he tasted the sweetness of her mouth. His heart pounded hard against his chest, her hands feeling each individual beat through his shirt.

Michael wrapped his arms around her slender waist pulling her closer.

She moved her hands from his chest up into his soft spiky brown hair.

She felt breathless and light-headed as he deepened the kiss, hungrily devouring her mouth.

Michael released her lips with a groan of pleasure. He kissed a trail down her jawline to her neck, licking softly at the pulse.

Maria felt faint. Her lips swollen from the onslaught of his mouth. Her breathing ragged with desire. The butterflies in her stomach fluttered relentlessly.

Michael......

She whispered his name, more to herself than to him. He heard her say his name . It was like music to his ears.

She was breathing heavily as his hands caressed her back. Michael cupped her face gently licking her bottom and top lip before capturing her mouth again.

Maria........

She heard a voice call her name. It sounded so far away.

Maria........

Not now, she thought. Not when I'm having this great moment...No...incredible moment with Michael.

"MARIA!" Liz shouted.

Maria startled, opened her eyes and saw Liz staring at her. Blushing she looked around and realized she was at the Crashdown Cafe. As if hearing for the first time the sound of customers, clinking dishes and readied orders filtered into her head.

It had only been a daydream.

"Are you ok?" Liz asked concerned her friend may not be feeling well.

Oh my God! What is wrong with me? Why am I thinking about Michael? He doesn't even want to be with me. Maria thought back to the night of the Party. Bits of their conversation flooded her mind. 'To Intense'....'Never should have started'.....'Need to be alone'.

Maria sighed and noticed Liz was still looking at her waiting for to respond.

"I'm fine". she replied quickly, hoping Liz would accept her answer. She turned around to get the food for table nine. Liz watched as Maria walked off to take another order. I wonder what's on her mind, Liz thought .

______________________________

Across town Michael sat in the back of the jeep headed the Crashdown Cafe with Max and Isabel. He was not looking forward to seeing Maria.

I hurt her and now I'm going to sit in front of her and rub salt into the wound? No way!

"Max, stop the jeep."

Max and Isabel both looked at Michael.

"Stop the Jeep". Michael said with a little more force in his voice.

"What's wrong?" Max asked. He could see the brooding expression on Michael's face through the rearview mirror.

"Nothing". Michael turned to look at a house across the street to avoid the stares of his two friends.

Isabel could sense something was troubling him. "You and Maria have some kind of argument"?

Michael felt a tug in his heart. Am I that obvious, he thought. Well it doesn't matter. It is none of their business.

"No"! he snapped. "I'm.... I have to go home and do something for Hank, if that's ok with you"!

Max and Isabel looked at one another but didn't push the issue any further.

Max pulled over and Michael jumped out and headed down the street.

"I guess we'll see you later then"? Max yelled.

"Yeah,Later". responded Michael.

Michael wasn't sure actually where he was walking to.

I just need to be alone.

He tried to convince himself he'd made the right decision. Maria is better off without me. I had needs and she helped to relieve them.

"Then why do I feel like crap"? he said aloud.

"Great, Now I'm talking to myself". He rolled his eyes and groaned inwardly. Michael looked up and noticed he'd walked to the park. Surprisingly it was deserted. He located the first park bench and sat down.

As if against his own will, Michael wondered what Maria was doing?

_________________________________

Back at the Crashdown Max and Isabel walked in and sat down at their usual booth. Liz looked up from her order pad and saw them.

Max.......

His name whispered into her mind like a gentle warm summer's breeze. She flashed him a bright smile and hastily completed taking the customers order. She quickly made her way over to their table.

"Hi" Liz wished she didn't always feel so flustered around him.

"Hi". Max replied.

There stared at one another until Isabel cleared her throat making her presence known.

"Oh.....uh hi Isabel". Liz could feel her face redden.

"What can I get for you guys? Hey where's Michael"? Liz asked.

It was rare that Max and Isabel would be there without him.

"Don't know". Isabel answered, studying the menu.

"We were all on our way here and he said he had to go home and do something for his foster dad. I know he was lying but I didn't push it". Max shrugged his shoulders.

Liz looked back and saw Maria looking in their direction . As soon as she saw Liz had noticed her she turned away. Something is going on here, Liz thought. She turned back to Max and Isabel for their order and headed back for the kitchen.

She found Maria folding and refolding a kitchen towel as she waited for an order to come up.

"Maria, are you going to tell me what's wrong"? Liz asked. It was obvious Maria had something on her mind.

Maria wanted to tell Liz but she knew work was not the place. She almost felt like she wanted to cry and it would be embarrassing to start balling in front of everyone in the cafe. The built up tension of the whole situation was making her feel nauseous.

"Liz, I'm not feeling well". She saw the instant look of worry on Liz's face.

"Its nothing serious so calm down. I think I just need to go home and rest or something". she said reassuringly.

"Maria, if you are not feeling good then go home. But I know there is more to this and I want to know what's going on. Is it Michael"?

"Liz just.....when you close up tonight call me or stop by. I'll tell you then, ok"? Maria tried to smile.

Liz looked apprehensively at Maria but agreed to come by as soon as she closed the cafe.She quickly hugged Maria and headed back in the dining area.

Maria gathered up her coat and left out the rear exit. She was parked out in front but not enough for anyone in the Cafe to see her jump in her car and drive away.

Maria sighed. I really don't feel like going home. Her mom was out of town at a convention and the thought of siting at home alone waiting for Liz to come over didn't appeal to her.

There was a park not far form her house. As a child she and Liz used to play there. I'm upset, so maybe going somewhere I had fun will cheer me up, she thought.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.