FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Change For the Better"
Part 1
by TigerLily
Disclaimer: I’m just playing with them for a little bit, I will put them back… eventually. Song is Good Charlotte “Change” (I love their CD!!!!)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: OK, this is a really big fluff piece. I wanted to write about my own f’d-up situation but it came out as this. Please respond.
Maria: I’m sitting backstage and I’m scared as hell. He is gonna see me perform. Me, with a super flirt for a mom. Me, who is classified as a classic ditz. Me, who fell in love with an alien-human hybrid without realizing what was happening. Me, who got her heart broken so many times in the 17 years I have been on this planet. Now he is going to be in the audience to hear what I think about this whole situation. I don’t even want to talk to him, all I want is for him to realize what he has put me through for the last ten years. Ten years is a long time for a teen but he has never been around for me long enough for even a full week since... He only came when it was good for him and would drop me when he was done using me. Now he’ll know.

I hear my name called to come and sing. I check how I look one more time and walk onto the stage. There he is and there’s Michael. Well now Daddy and Michael will know how I feel about both of them, they fall into the same category. They’re users. If they only knew. I start to sing.

I am lost in the see-thru, I think you lost yourself too, Throughout all of this confusion, I hope I somehow get to you, I practiced all the things I’d say, to tell you how I feel, And when I finally get my chance, It all seems so surreal, ‘Cause from the first time I saw you, I only thought about you, I didn’t know you, I wanted to hold onto, The things you’d never say to me, ‘Cause you said, You can’t change the way you feel, I could never do that, I could never do that, But you can’t tell me this isn’t real, ‘cause this is real, And you would see through that, In the end it’s all I’ve got, So I’m gonna hold onto that, so I’m gonna hold on and on and on and on, Now you’ve got me watching your eyes, Got me waiting just to see, If it goes the way it never will, Your eyes are watching me, And now you’ve got me thinking ‘bout, The first time that I met you, Standing in a crowded room, but I could only see you, And I hope my words will get through, ‘Cause now I can’t forget you, I want to tell you, If only I could reach you, And make you feel this way, But you said You can’t change the way you feel, I could never do that, I could never do that, But you can’t tell me this isn’t real, ‘cause this is real, And you would see through that, In the end it’s all I’ve got, So I’m gonna hold onto that, so I’m gonna hold on and on and on and on.

I look to their faces to gauge their reactions. Dad is astonished that his daughter could sing and maybe at the lyrics. Michael is just shocked. He probably had no idea how I felt about this whole destiny-love-triangle-alien-warfare crap that has been going on for the past half-year. I’ll talk to Daddy dearest first. “Dad, what did you think?” “You sounded beautiful darling. Let’s celebrate my daughter’s singing debut.” “Dad, I have sung before here and did you even listen to the lyrics?” “Honey…” “Don’t call me that. You are never around for me, you haven’t been for ten years. Why don’t you just go back to wherever you came from and stay out my life!” I walked away from him. I had been waiting to say that for ten years. A great weight was lifted off my shoulders. Now for Michael.

Michael: What was I thinking? I should have been there for her. The lyrics just hit me in the heart. How could I be so stupid? Well Isabel would say it’s typical guy behavior but that is not an excuse. I told her I loved her and proceeded to walk away. Just like her father. Holy shit, why didn’t I realize it before? I have done exactly what her dad did when she was 7. I have to talk to her now.

Oh shit, she talking to some older guy. Could that be… she’s talking to her father. And she looks mad. Maybe I shouldn’t become the object of her wrath. Well, here she comes, here goes nothing.

“Michael.” Maria threw her arms around Michael’s neck and kissed him. “Mmmm, Maria, I have to talk to you.” “No you don’t.” Maria grabbed Michael’s hand and willed a connection. She basically invaded his mind. She saw how sorry he was about everything, how surprised at how well she could channel everything into her singing. She saw his deepest fantasies and they were all about her and Tabasco sauce. She would have to ask him about those. She saw how he saw her, how he watched her very closely when she wasn’t looking or paying attention. She saw how much he loved and how much he wanted to protect her from everything, including heartbreak. She opened her eyes and took his hand. She dragged him to somewhere where they could be together at least for now.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.