FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Angel"
Part 6
by Diana
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters. No infringement intended.
Summary: This is a really busy story… Lots of stuff happens. It takes place after “Destiny.” Let’s just say that someone gets pregnant (I wonder who ;-), someone gets hurt, a friend turns out to be an enemy, and an enemy turns out to be a friend. (Hope that isn’t too confusing)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Don’t worry… It isn’t as bad as it looks… Some of the parts are really short. I guess this one has something for everyone. I hope everyone likes it. As always, thoughts are in brackets []… Feedback would be really, really appreciated for this one :-D
Tess waited in the caves for an hour.

“Where is he?” She wondered aloud. “It’s one in the morning, I’m out here freezing my ass off and he’s nowhere in sight.” She sat down on a rock and folded her arms across her chest.

“I swear I’m giving him five more minutes and then--”

“And then you’ll what?” A figure appeared at the mouth of the cave.

Tess jumped to her feet. “Nacedo? I didn’t see you there.”

The shapeshifter leered at her. “How are you, my girl? And how are the hatchlings?”

Tess shifted uncomfortably. “Oh… they’re fine. We’re… making progress I guess.”

“And their destinies?”

“They don’t suspect a thing. And they would never guess that it was all a lie.”

“Or a manipulation,” Nacedo said, smiling. “You really have mastered mind control.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“This will all end soon, Tess. We will get rid of those three before they even know that we’re the enemy. Their race will have lost three of their leaders and our race will benefit from it.” Nacedo said.

Tess looked away. She wanted to help Nacedo. But she didn’t want to have to betray the only friends she’d ever had.

[Enemies.] Tess reminded herself. [They’re the enemies.]

“And what’s going on with the humans?”

Tess looked down at her feet. “They… um… They’re still involved with the humans.”

“You said that they believed in their destiny.”

“They did… but they’re still involved with Liz, Alex… and Maria.”

“What happened?”

“Well they’re in love with them, sir. Or at least they think they are. And…they still don’t trust me. Not completely.” Tess said sheepishly.

The shapeshifter wrenched her arm. “You make them trust you! This is too important to mess up. Do you understand me?” He tossed Tess aside.

“It’s not that easy!” Tess wailed. “Things are complicated now.”

“Complicated how?” Nacedo’s eyes grew dark.

[Oh no.] Tess thought. She said nothing as he approached her again. He grabbed her by the shoulders. Her memories of Michael and Maria at the Crashdown flooded out.

“Huh,” He scoffed. “A half-breed. How charming.” He looked at Tess. “I can see why this would complicate things.”

“Michael will not abandon this baby for anything. I know he won’t. Max and Isabel won’t abandon Michael. Especially not for me. What can I do?” Tess asked softly.

A grin spread across Nacedo’s face.

“I’ll take care of it.” He growled. He let her go and started out of the cave.

“Wait,” Tess said as she ran after him. “What does that mean?”

“Never mind. You keep working on the hatchlings. I’ll worry about the bastard.”

Tess hurried after Nacedo. “You aren’t going to hurt it, are you? It’s just a child.”

He searched his pockets for his keys. “Where is all this concern coming from? It isn’t really your niece, you know. And I know that you don’t really give a damn about any of them. Do you?”

Tess looked at her feet. “I… don’t--”

“Don’t lie to me, girl. I know how you really feel. You really do love him don’t you?”

Tess looked down at her feet.

“Such a waste.” Nacedo said to himself. “I know that you think that they’re your friends now, but they’re not. They are your enemies. And that destiny of theirs is something you created in their minds. Nothing more.”

He turned away from her and got in his car.

“I just don’t see why we have to hurt anyone.” Tess whispered.

“You knew that someone was going to get hurt when we began this, Tess. Don’t act like you’re innocent. Now if we can’t completely rid ourselves of these three, then the least we can do is let them know that our race is not to be messed with.”

“But, Father--”

Nacedo whirled around to face her. “I am *not* your father. But you are to follow my orders. It has been months and you haven’t gotten anywhere. This baby could jeopardize our whole operation and you’re worried about how to wear your hair so the love of your life will notice you. They’re your enemies. I am your only friend. Your loyalties lie with me. I suggest that you get your priorities straight, Tess.”

She watched his taillights fade into the distance as he sped away.

Part 5 | Index | Part 7
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.