FanFic - Michael/Maria
"Angel"
Part 16
by Diana
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters. No infringement intended.
Summary: This is a really busy story… Lots of stuff happens. It takes place after “Destiny.” Let’s just say that someone gets pregnant (I wonder who ;-), someone gets hurt, a friend turns out to be an enemy, and an enemy turns out to be a friend. (Hope that isn’t too confusing)
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: R
Authors Note: Don’t worry… It isn’t as bad as it looks… Some of the parts are really short. I guess this one has something for everyone. I hope everyone likes it. As always, thoughts are in brackets []… Feedback would be really, really appreciated for this one :-D
They were alone.

He’d been watching them since they’d been back at the girl’s house and they’d never been alone before. One of the other children was usually with them. He’d seen the other human girl and the dark haired hatchling leave this morning.

He looked into the girl’s window and smiled to himself. The hatchling had walked out of the room and left the girl alone. She was sitting on her bed, playing with her hair again. Just like last time. She had on different pajamas this time, something with sickening little smiley-faced clouds painted all over it. One of the tank-top straps had slid off of her shoulder. He watched her arm muscles flex as she brushed her hair. The hatchlings had done a wonderful job. There wasn’t a mark on her. No scars, no bruises, nothing. She was almost perfect.

He shook his head and reminded himself that there was no such thing as perfection when it came to humans.

It couldn’t be like last time. They had to know that he was the one who had hurt her before. He couldn’t win their trust now. He’d have to get rid of all of them. And he couldn’t give Tess the chance to interfere again. Tess was such a bright girl and she had been so committed to their cause. Now that she was ‘in love’ she was useless. What a pity. He swore under his breath. He would have to take care of Tess later.

He turned back to the girl in the window. He’d let her live the first time. That was a mistake. There couldn’t be any mistakes now. The girl had to die. But what good is murder if you can’t have some fun beforehand?

He got in the house easily. Being a shapeshifter had its advantages. He could be practically invisible whenever he wanted. He found the hatchling in the kitchen.

He revealed himself right before he grabbed the hatchling’s throat.

Nacedo’s laughter was the last thing Michael heard before he passed out.

***

“Michael?” Maria called. She stood up and peeked out the door. “I thought I heard something. Was that you?” The hall was dim. She fumbled towards the kitchen and nearly fell flat on her face when she tripped over something.

“Did you drop a pan? I almost broke my neck falling over something.” She fumbled to the light and flicked the switch.

She made a noise when she saw him lying there. It was almost as if someone just pinched her throat shut.

She dove onto the floor beside him. “Michael?!” She shrieked. She shook him violently. “Michael, please!” He was still warm. She put her hand on his chest. His heart fluttered beneath her fingertips.

[He’s alive. He must have passed out. Oh, thank you, Lord.] She prayed silently.

“Michael, wake up,” She pleaded. “Please, baby, wake up!” She slapped him hard.

He did not move.

She heard another noise behind her.

She realized that she was being watched.

She pulled Michael’s head into her lap. “I know you’re here,” She whispered into the dark. “What? You came back to finish the job?”

No answer.

She put her arms around Michael tightly. “Why are you hiding?!”

She heard a laugh behind her. Nacedo’s face emerged from the darkness.

“Looks like it’s just you and me again.” He said, smirking.

Maria leaned over Michael. “What did you do to him?” She growled.

Nacedo smiled. “Nothing compared to what I’m going to do to you, my dear.”

He reached out to her and she saw a flash of light. Her eyes slammed shut. She felt as if she was falling and she thought she’d never hit the ground.

Part 15 | Index | Part 17
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.