FanFic - Michael/Maria
"A Way Out"
Part 2
by Araanaz
Disclaimer: Me no own...
Category: Michael/Maria
Rating: PG
Authors Note: I'm still sick but I do feel a little better. Thanks to you girls (Mary and Bonnie) for your support, that helps a lot! This part is for you two...
Isabel undid her hair and took her brush. She had one of those killer headaches. The day had been hard. First, she had had an argument with her dad because he caught her in a forbidden area of the base, and then, this girl... The little human girl who had collapsed on the floor crying. Max said he never felt so much hate coming from a human, hell from anyone or anything! She thought they were monsters. Isabel turned to look at her brother. He looked devastated.

"Max, don't torture yourself that way. It was not personal, she don't even know you." She tried to reassure him.

"I don't understand Isabel. I just don't understand. Why does she hate us?"

"Well, many humans don't like us. You know, they think our people are responsible for everything that happened. It's not easy for them to understand we're acting for their own good." She sat beside him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders.

"I hope you're right."

"What do you mean?" She asked, looking at him strait in the eyes.

"I dunno. I can't help but have my doubts. Something's wrong, something that we don't know about."

Isabel got up. She didn't want anything to be wrong. She had repeated the story so many times in her mind. Their planet had been devastated, their people fled and they landed on earth, the most compatible planet they knew about. They tried to settle down but the humans freaked out, thinking they were gonna take on the earth and make slaves with them. They started a big war. A lots of people died, mostly humans. The bombs gas infected the planet but the aliens were kind of immunized so they carried all the humans to military bases so they could heal them and keep them in there until the gas had dissipated. They did run some biological tests on them, but only so they could help them more efficiently and free them when the right time would come. That was the only truth she had been told about for all her life.

Max looked at his sister and sighed. He knew how she was feeling. Their dad told them the "truth" about their past so many times. She didn't want the only truth she knew to be all wrong. But he still had this bad feeling. If everything they were doing was for good purposes, then why did humans still hate them? And what was going on in those forbidden areas? Why couldn't they have contacts with humans, a "friendly" race, outside of the "come-with-us-please" they were assigned to?

Max was pulled out of his thoughts by Michael. He had just stormed in the room. His breathing was heavy, his face red and his eyes unfocused. Isabel ran to him and took him by the shoulders.

"Michael, calm down! It's just one of those nightmares. Everything's fine."

He took a deep breath and calmed down a little. Isabel led him to her bed and made him sit beside Max.

"What was it about? Have you got some visions?" Max asked him when he finally was breathing normally.

"Yeah... There were large white tables and everything was white, it was hallucinating. Too bright. There was that girl, that human girl from this afternoon."

"That's all? What did they do to her?" Max asked.

"What? Who are you talking about? Maxwell, don't tell me you're not over that! It's not like it's our fault if those stupid humans cannot take the fact that we saved their asses!"

"We didn't do anything, Michael, we didn't save anyone. We is the three of us, only the three of us. I have a bad feeling and good reasons to believe our people are not as good as they always told us."

"I don't believe you. Isabel, come on, say something!"

"Max, what so good reasons do you have to say this." Isabel said. She was shaking, everything went so fast in her mind.

"No reasons are good enough. They tried to kill us but we saved their asses."

"Who are you trying to convince Michael? Me or yourself?" Max exploded.

"It's because of her, isn't it? Don't think I haven't noticed the way you look at that human girl, the brunette. That's why the reaction of her friend is affecting you so much."

"Stop it!" Isabel yelled. She thought her head was going to explode. "We're not gonna fight between us, is that clear? We don't know what our people have done, God, we don't even know what they're doing right now! But the three of us have to stay together, no matter what. Okay? Can you promise me that?"

The two guys nodded and she hugged them.

"What do we do now?" Max asked.

"You wanna find out the truth Max? Then we're gonna find it out." Michael said, looking at his friends.

TBC...

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.