FanFic - Max/Liz
"Premonition"
Part 1
by Shedwyn
Disclaimer: Ahh... if only... but alas No. I own none of it... None of the characters on Rowell are mine. They belong to 20th century fox, the WB, and Jason Katims Productions. No infringement intended.
Summary: Liz has a Max premonition.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: OK... I have NEVER written one of these things before. I have been reading Buffy fanfiction for a while (ever since "Becoming"... but I've never had an idea to try one of these until now. Let me now what you think. SPOILERS: a little "Heat Wave" and everything leading up to it. Maria and Michael happened in this... Max and Liz haven't. The rest is just my brain thinking way too much.
It's December 20, I'm Liz Parker, and today I almost died.

Again.

I suppose that I should be getting used to this. That fact that I always feel as though I am being watched, that my friends are in danger. That this secret that I hold closest to my heart, could one day cause the one person I love most, to turn from me. Kiss me gently and say good-bye. Forever. Today I feel that day just became one day closer.

And I am terrified.

I know that Max loves me. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've felt it in his touch. The way he looks at me. The gentle way he speaks to me. And especially how he protects me. I know that he would never do anything to hurt me, or let anyone else hurt me.

But he can't stop me from hurting myself.

Today started out like just another ... I was going to say normal... but of course nothing has been normal since the day Max saved my life.

I got to school a little early because Maria had called me earlier in the morning and asked me to meet her there. She needed to talk and didn't feel comfortable talking over the phone. I knew it was going to be about Michael. They have both been acting so strangely ever since the heat wave. Maria told me that Michael told her he had to be alone. She's upset. She knows what he's talking about. The same way I know what Max is thinking whenever we look into each other's eyes. One day, they may have to leave. He may have to leave me. And because of that, as much as he loves me, he should have stayed away from me. We should only be friends. So our hearts won't get hurt.

But I would have rather died that day in the CrashDown Cafe, rather then go through all this. Feel this way. And not be able to show him how much he means to me.

The school had filled with people and classes would soon start by the time Maria and I finished talking. I wondered where Max was. Even though we were 'just friends', just the thought of seeing him makes me feel happier than I've ever been. I hadn't seen him yet. Maria and I continued chatting as we walked through the halls. She was feeling much better about everything now and we were both laughing.

I felt it then.

The pain.

It wasn't mine.

Well... at first I thought it was. But then I immediately felt Max, his presence, like a memory. So much so that I looked around... I thought he was standing next to me, and I new the pain was linked to him. It was the same pain I had felt when I had been shot in the Cafe. I knew that someone was trying to kill Max, and I had no way of knowing where he was. I began to shake. Both with the pain, and the fear that he could die and I would never see him again. Maria was holding my shoulders asking me what was wrong. I was gripping my side, looking at the floor, and I was certain that it was getting closer. 'No', I thought, 'Please don't hurt him.'

"Liz?" I looked up suddenly to see Max, rushing toward me, concern written all over his face.

The pain was gone. So quickly that I almost thought I had imagined it.

But I hadn't. I knew that somehow I had been given a glimpse at what was going to happen. Someone was going to try to kill Max, and I had no idea when it was going to happen.

"Oh... I'm ok. Just twisted my ankle a little." I limped to prove my point, wincing to ensure I was believed. "I'll be ok in a sec, just need to walk it off." I felt Maria's eyes on me as Max threaded his arm around my back.

I looked up into those beautiful chocolate eyes of his, and gently touched his face. No one was going to hurt him. No one!

-Cont…

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.