FanFic - Max/Liz
"The First Kiss"
Part 4
by Dazy
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Max and Liz's first kiss, and the aftermath that it caused.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Liz Parker frantically searched the halls for Alex Whitman. Where is he? Her mind was solely on finding Alex. She needed him. Come on, come on. She was concentrating so hard that realize there was someone in front of her until she bumped into him. She muttered a soft curse, thing only of how this would delay her vital search.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Miss Liz Parker, Queen of the Universe."

Great. This was the last thing she needed right now. Kyle Valenti looked down at her, his face twisted into a very unattractive sneer.

"Not know Kyle. I'm busy." She couldn't afford to get into a fight with Kyle right now. She was running out of time, and Max was counting on her.

"Ever since you started going out with Evans-"

Going out? That was something new. Although, it did kind of seem like it, even to Liz. But what are we? she thought to herself. Not now! She had to much to do and not enough time to do it. She couldn't let herself get sidetracked.

"you've been avoiding me. I thought we were friends, Liz." Kyle faked sadness. Liz looked at him with fury in her eyes. Then, out of her peripheral vision, she spotted Alex. Finally!

"Alex!" She pushed herself away from Kyle and fought her way through the mob in the hall.

"Hey Liz." He sounded depressed, but she couldn't worry about that. Not when Max needed her.

"Look. I need a major favor. Come with me and I'll tell you." She hated the way she sounded so desperate. But you ARE desperate, she reminded herself.

"Why should I? You and Maria don't have any time for me anymore. Why should I have time for you?"

Oh no. Liz didn't realize how upset and dejected Alex felt. Think fast, she encouraged herself.

"Look, I know that you're hurt, but I really need you. It's important. Please Alex" she begged him, looking him straight in the eye to let him know that she was sincere. She felt her own eyes start to sting. She pushed the tears away. Alex looked like he was considering it. Come on, say yes. Please say yes.

"All right." That one word sent her into an alternate universe, a universe filled with joy.

"Oh one condition." Oh no. Here it comes.

"Tell me what's going on." No! She couldn't tell Alex. But if she didn't, he'd never help her, and Max would be exposed. Stall, she ordered herself.

"When we get to the hospital. Now come on!" She practically dragged him to the parking lot and got in the car, impatiently waiting for him. He got in, and she took off. ____________________

Max Evans waited looked anxiously at the door. Where is she? his mind screamed. Don't overreact. She had to find Alex, remember? He was running out of time, and Liz was the only one that could help him now. he turned his had so he could look out the window. It was the only form of sanity he had. He heard the screeching of the door hinges as it opened. He whipped his head around and let out a low groan.

"What? I'm not welcome anymore?" his sister Isabel asked indignatly. He may be in the hopsital, but it was obvious that she wasn't going to cut him any slack.

"You know you're always welcome. It's just that I'm waiting for Liz. She's getting Alex."

"I wish you wuld have let me help you. I mean, I'm sure Liz can do the job, and wonderfully, at that. But I'm your sister. I can help you more that Liz can. I know more about you. I-" Her words were cut off by Liz, who had just walked through the door with a pale Alex. Oh no. Max and Isabel shared the same thought. He knows.

"I-I told Alex. He wouldn't help you otherwise!" she finished in a rush, as to protect herself from the line of fire that was coming.

"How could you tell him?!" Isabel screeched.

"I had too! If I didn't, he wouldn't help, and you guys would be found out. Alex won't ell anybody, will you Alex?" She directed the question at him, and him alone. She wasn't even looking at anyone else. In fact, they were all looking at him. It made Alex feel like he was in some kind of cage, like an animal in the zoo with everyone looking in on him.

"I won't tell anyone. Don't worry." He said finally. Max, Liz, and Isabel all let out their breath at the same time. For some reason, Alex found this insanely funny, and he started laughing. He couldn't stop, and soon he was rolling around on the floor with tears cascading down his cheeks. Isabel, Liz, and Max all looked at him like he was insane. Maybe I am, he thought to himself. He made himself stop laughing. "I'm okay. I'm okay." he gasped. Isabel walked over to him and whacked him on the head.

"Snap out of it, dope."Isabel sounded really peeved. "We have work to do."

_______________

Alex wouldn't look while Liz the needed through his arm. Why am I letting her do this? He thought to himself. Oh yeah. 'Cause I'm crazy! He felt the skin in his elbow pinch his arm, and he took a deep breath as the cold steel of the needle slid into his skin. He couldn't force himself to look, and when Maria offred her hand to him, he gladly took it and practically sqeezed the life out of it. He heard Maria give a soft yelp and let up on the deathgrip he had on her. "Sorry." he muttered to her under his breath. He looked over at Maria, who was rubbing her hand, and then over at Liz, who had long since taken the needle out of his arm and was now concentrating on getting the blood into the little container in her hand. She looked up at him and smiled, letting him know without words that everything was still going to be okay. But is it? He was still reeling in shock from what Liz had told him. His mind was still whirling, trying to process it all. How had Liz kept this a secret from everyone for so long? No, not everyone. Everyone but Maria. It still stung him that Liz had told Maria and not him, but then again, he wasn't Liz's best friend. He had thought he was, but it was obvious that she thought differently. Don't even think like that Whitman. You know she wanted to tell you. She just didn't know how. Yeah, that was it. He kept trying to convice himself of that, but he kept getting this nagging feeling that there was still something she wasn't telling him. What could it be? he wondered silently, trying not to let the confusion show on his face. _____________________

Max sat in the hospital bed, wondering what was going to happen. What will happen to me if they find out? What will happen to Isabel and Michael. What will happen to Mom and Dad? What will hapen to Liz? Liz! He had to get through this for Liz's sake. He loved her so much. He heard the door open and looked up to see the doctor standing there with Liz and Isabel behind him. Sho w time he thought. The doctor took his time getting the needle ready, and Max was becoming impatient. Come on already! He looked the doctor straight in the eye as he slid the needle into the crook of his elbow. He felt the sting, but it didn't really bother him much. He looked over at Liz, who nodded, signaling that she had the blood. Here goes. Max didn't have to do anything but lay there and be a good patient, but he hated this feeling of helplessness. Stop it thinking like that Max. He watched as the doctor slid the needle out of Max's arm, slid the blood into the plastic container, and turned around. Too late the doctor realized that Liz was right behind him. Startled, he dropped the container, and Liz was in action. She switched Max's blood with Alex's, the doctor never knew the difference.

______________

Liz stood with her arm around Max's waist, helping him out the hospital doors to the bright sunlight outside.

"I can't believe how close you came to being found out." Liz shuddered as she thought about what could have happned to Max.

"Yeah, it was close, but you saved me Liz. I owe you my life." Max looked down at her, staring straight into her eyes."I love you Liz."

Liz felt her breath catch in her throat as she stared right back at him, trying to get a deeper look inside of his eyes. Her words were caught; she couldn't breath or speak. Liz tried to get the words out, but none came. She kept looking him in the eye, hoping he would know that she loved him. She saw Max smile, and she knew that she knew that he had seen it in her eyes. Then his eyes darted to something behind her. His smile faded, and his grip on Liz tigtened. She turned around to see the doctor coming towards them. He wasn't smiling. And when Liz saw why, she fumed with anger.

Alex was with him.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Part 5
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.