FanFic - Max/Liz
"Watching the Door"
Part 2
by Brooke
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Summary: Future Fic about Max and Liz.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
"Liz, I know it was hard for you. It was hard for all of us. But sulking about it for seven years isn't going to make things any better!" Maria DeLuca suddenly realized what she had said.

"Oh God. Babe, I am so sorry. I didn't mean that--"

"No, it's okay, Maria. I mean, you're right. And I know that I should probably be dating and at least looking at other guys, but..." Liz trailed off as her eyes wandered to the ground. "It's just hard, Maria. I mean, I can't just replace Max."

"And I know that, Liz. I'm sorry. I made a total ass of myself, do you forgive me?" Maria took Liz's hand dramatically as she looked at her with wide eyes.

"Yes, I forgive you," Liz laughed softly and Maria smiled relieved.

"So I guess that's a nay on going out tonight??" Maria pleaded with her eyes.

"Sorry, Maria. Not tonight."

Maria sighed and decided not to push it any farther. "Okay. Well, I have to go now if I'm going to make my date on time!" Maria grinned devilishly and hugged Liz before getting up.

"Call me if you need me!" she called before slamming the door on her way out.

Liz didn't move for several minutes after Maria left. She was still thinking about what her friend had said. She was right; as much as Liz hated admitting it. Maria went on dates all the time, and Liz had gone on two at the most since she had graduated high school.

Tonight Maria had wanted Liz to go out with her on a double date to a club near Sante Fe, but she had refused, saying that she had some work to catch up on, which she and Maria both knew was a lie. Liz worked twelve hour work days as a scientist in a lab which left little undone at the end of the day. The only thing Liz did anymore besides work was sleep, read, and think.

But dating was out of the question for Liz. It wasn't even an option. How could any guy on earth ever even begin to compare with Max Evans? They couldn't. And as much as Liz tried, she couldn't erase the memory of him, which was as strong as it had been since the day he left.

So, Liz had been content for some time knowing that Max was the only person she would ever love again. And he was the only person she held in her heart. Even if they couldn't be together, Liz was more content with the memories she had shared with Max than she ever would be with anyone else besides him.

Liz sighed and got up from the table where she had been sitting and walked outside on the patio. Night had just fallen and the stars were beginning to appear. Liz smiled and looked from star to star, hoping to see some sort of a sign. A sign which she couldn't help but look for every night, although she hadn't seen one yet. He was out there, somewhere. And regardless of if he never came back again, or if he came back tomorrow, Liz would feel the same way about him, forever.

"I love you, Max..." Liz whispered aloud to the sky, praying that maybe he would hear.

Liz couldn't hear it, but trillions of miles away, he heard.

"I love you, too, Liz Parker..."

Part 1 | Index | Part 3
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.