FanFic - Max/Liz
"Love Overcomes"
Part 1
by Alicia
Disclaimer: I don't own Roswell or it's characters. I wish I did.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is my take on what part of a final episode with Max and Liz would be like.
Liz sat on her bed starring off into space. She was thinking about how it used to be with her and Max and wondered what the future will hold now that she has helped to change it.

A light rapping at the window broke Liz from her thoughts. It was 11 at night. Who would be at her window at this hour? As she opened it she realized what a dumb question that was. Of course it would be Max. Her beloved . Who else?

Liz: Max! What are you doing here?

Max climbed into Liz's room, for a moment just standing there looking at Liz. He had missed her so much. He missed the way her hair always smelled like strawberries, he missed the soft feel of her skin and most of all he missed how she would look at him in a way that told him that she was his forever. Max wished so much that Liz's betrayal wasn't real. That it was some sort of bad dream. He had already gotten himself hurt by asking her once but he guessed that by asking again that maybe her answer would change. He was such a glutton for punishment, he thought to himself.

Max: Liz, I need to talk to you for a moment. Can we sit?

They sat side by side on her bed. Max looked deep into her eyes and took her hands into his caressing them, trying to memorize how they felt on his skin. He didn't know where to begin with her. He was sick of this little game. It was time to put it to an end. Max began to ask his question.

Max: I know that I've asked you this before...and it hurts to hear you give me that answer but I know that your not telling me the truth. I know something is wrong? Please don't lie to me Liz, I can't take this anymore... Did you sleep with him? Did you sleep with Kyle?

Max had a deep look of sadness on his face. Liz didn't know what to say. She hated lying to him like this. Why did all of this crap have to fall on her? It was so unfair but she didn't want to break her promise. Seeing Max in all of this pain was unbearable. It broke her heart. Maybe there was a way that things could be fixed, maybe they could come up with a plan that would make everything right. Liz closed her eyes and prayed that by telling him what happened that the world would not come to an end. This was not something that could be taken lightly and she felt like she was walking on egg shells. Liz was always so worried about what would happen to her beloved Max. She wanted to protect him but lying was a not the way to do it.

Liz: Max, there is something very important that you need to know and you have to promise not to interrupt me. It's so hard for me to do this right now and if I don't just get it out I don't think that I would be able to tell you again.

Liz told him everything. She told him everything about future Max and Tess to knowing about the granulith. She told him about how she had to make Max fall out of love but most of all she told him how going through all of that was far worse than death. Max sat there listening trying to soak it all in. It looked as though tears were forming in his eyes. He didn't know what to say or do so he just sat there and listened.

Liz: I know that this is too much to hear right now. I hated having to hide this from you and now that I've told you I'm risking that nothing has changed in the future. Worst of all I risk that you won't believe a word I've said.

Max studied her face. He knew that she was telling the truth. He could see it in Liz's eyes. Her eyes never lied to him.

Max: I believe you Liz. I believe you because I knew that somehow you wouldn't hurt me like that. I don't feel better about it. Knowing all of this has just made it worse I think.

Max had a look on his face that was very far away. Somehow he would make things right. He looked at his Liz. Tears streaming down her face. It pained him to see her that way. He just wanted to take her into his arms and hold her forever. Squeezing her hand he spoke to her softly.

Max: Liz, I need to go. There is something I need to do. I'm sorry.

Max got up and left. Stunned at his reaction Liz just sat there looking at the window. What was going on? She just poured out her heart and soul and all she got was Max leaving her room. Not telling her anything.He just left. That was it she guessed. Not only was the future going to be messed up again but she also lost Max for good.

Max was surprised but not shocked at the story Liz unfolded before him. As weird as it sounded he did believe her. He felt it in is heart. The only thing standing in his way was Tess, from what Liz had told him he couldn't leave Tess out of his life. There had to be a way that Tess would stay in Roswell with himself, Isabelle and Michael and still have Liz in his life. Max looked at his watch. It was well past midnight. He would talk to Tess tomorrow.

*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

It was early morning and Max stood in front of the Valenti's door. He hesitated for a moment wondering if he should mess with this new discovery of fate.

What the hell! he thought. What do I have to lose? Nothing is ever going to be the same anyway. Max knocked loudly on the door and Kyle soon whipped it open appearing annoyed by the rudeness. Kyle starred at Max for a moment somewhat confused.

Kyle: Max! Wh..who.. why are you here? Oh! Do you want to talk to my father or something?

Max: Actually, I'm here to talk to Tess. Is she here?

Kyle: Um..Yeah! Hold on a sec.

A few moments later Tess appeared in the doorway looking curious but had a smile on her face.

Tess: Max! Hi! What are you doing here?

Max: Tess... um, I need to talk to you. Can we go somewhere in private?

Tess: Sure?!

Max and Tess walked silently and stopped at a bench in the park. Max was thinking of just the right words to say to Tess that wouldn't reveal anything about the future but would also make her not want to leave. She was still a bit fragile. Lives would hang in the balance. Why did this whole leader have to be his responsibility? Why couldn't he just be another teenager from Roswell? Max sat there looking at Tess and he tried hard to look into her eyes to let her know that what he was going to say was very crucial to them and to their future together.

Max: Tess, there are a lot of things on my mind right now. You know about most of them and right now a lot of it is about you.

Tess seemed a little offended. How could most of Max's problems be about her. She had tried to back down a little knowing in the back of her mind that she would never have Max. All she would have are her memories. Memories forgotten by everyone else. Tess tried hard to keep there eye contact but couldn't. She began to look away. Max saw this and lifted his hand to raise her chin very gently.

Max: I know that you said you were okay about Liz and I. I guess I just want to make sure that you understand that I don't love you as a mate or wife. That was a lifetime ago and I don't remember it. The feelings aren't there anymore. I want you to know that I do however really love you as a sister and as my friend and I really need you in my life.

Tess: Max..Max you don't need to worry. I've been thinking for a while now and though a part of me wants to be with you I know that you don't remember and that I've been a bitch about it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have expected that from you. I was the one who walked in upset everybody.

Max: No Tess, I'm sorry. I had no right to treat you that way. You didn't deserve it. You shouldn't take it so hard. It's not your fault. If anything it's my fault for being so rotten to you. It's just that when I saw that my relationship with Liz was being threatened I didn't really know how to react. We were all upset.

Tess: Well, let's just try to get that behind us. It's starting to get a little old now. Maybe I'll try some of this 'control you own destiny' stuff and see how it goes. You and Michael seem to be hitting it off so maybe there is hope for me too.

Max: Yeah, I've noticed a little something going on with you and Kyle lately.

Tess started to blush a little. Max smiled.

Max: Oh, come here and give me a hug. *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

That evening Max stood outside of Liz's window. Liz was sitting by her mirror. She had just gotten out of the shower and wore a fluffy white robe.Her hair was wrapped in a towel. She looked so beautiful. I could just stare at her forever, he thought.

Liz unwrapped the towel from her head and her hair spilled around her face. That just did Max in. He tapped on the window. Liz looked up and saw that it was Max and opened the window to let him in.

Max and Liz just stood there for what seemed like forever. The air was filled an intensity that was only there when they were together. Time just stood still. Neither of them knew what to do.

Max: Liz, there is so much that I want to say to you right now but I don't know how...

Suddenly this intense feeling came over Max. He took her in his arms and kissed her. He kissed her hard and with such passion that he thought he was going to burst. Liz readily accepted him knowing full well what was about to happen. Liz knew she should be scared or at least a little nervous but she was with her Max. There was no need to be scared, with him she was safe. The passionate kiss then quickly turned to that of desire. Then they stopped and Max looked into Liz's eyes. He had to know.

Max: Are you sure?

Liz: Max, I've never been so sure of anything else in my life. I love you.

They started kissing again, this time not stopping. Max reached down to untie Liz's robe and it fell to the floor. Max 's shirt was quickly pulled off and revealed his handsomely developed body. Still kissing Max picked Liz up off the floor and laid her onto the bed. For a moment he just looked at her. She was beautiful, her face and lips were flushed from his kisses. Her body was aching for him, he looked at her face and she was smiling up at him, her hands trying to pull him back down for more kisses. Max brushed her lips gently with his and then moved down to her neck. He trailed kisses up and down her body. Max could feel her body trembling from his touch. He looked up at her face one more time. He watched her eyes to make sure that this was really what she wanted. Liz looked at him adoringly, her eyes so full of love for him that he knew this was right.

Max always looked at Liz's face. Never taking his eyes off of her. His fingers played with her stomach and went down lower to her thighs tickling them making Liz laugh.

Liz: Max, I don't want to let go.

Max: Neither do I Liz, neither do I.

Max's fingers started to play with her inner thigh creating feelings within Liz that she never knew she had. All she knew was that she wanted more. Max lowered his face to her to kiss her sweetly while his fingers started to slowly move to that warm spot that yearned for him. Liz began to tremble while he touched her gasping and calling out his name. Her eyes were closed focusing on Max while he raised his body on top of her and entered. As their bodies became one,emotions and visions flooded them both. Everything they knew and everything they felt became like one thought, one emotion. Nothing was hidden anymore. They saw into each others soul. After what had seemed like hours Max finally collapsed beside his Liz on the bed holding her close, kissing her and smiling. That night they slept in each others arms, holding each other tight, not wanting to let go, not wanting that special feeling to end.

Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.