FanFic - Max/Liz
"The Walls Come Crumbling Down"
Part 1
by FordonBuffy44
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the writers, producers or cast of Roswell. I only wish I did.
Summary: Secrets and emotions are revealed as Max and Liz give in to their feelings for each other.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the follow up to my first story Not So Secret Admirer and the sequel to that Get in the Game. Reading them before this would probably be wise. Feedback Please!
For the third weekend in a row, Max Evans was getting ready to go out with Liz Parker. The past two weeks he'd been with Isabel and Michael or Alex and Maria, but tonight it was just he and Liz. Everyone else had something to do - or at least they claimed to. Max could not hide the fact that he was nervous as he pulled on the black sweater and put on just the tiniest bit of cologne. He'd gone out with Liz before, just the two of them - tonight was different though. They'd gotten closer. Closer as in their next move would be one Max knew he wasn't ready to take - one that he couldn't.

When they went out with the group - it went without question that he and Liz would sit together. No one objected. For all they knew Max and Liz were just friends. And that's what they were. But they didn't see how Liz would rub her foot up against Max's beneath the table, how she now went to her classes a different route during the school day so she could meet up with Max in the hallway. Max himself had at first been unsure as to their nature. Maybe she'd thought it was a table leg, her meeting him outside of gym everyday was just a coincidence. He knew they weren't though. She wanted more. They both did. The other day she'd stopped outside the front of his house and just stood there staring in. Max had seen her from the window and, hidden from view, he'd stared back.

Just yesterday he'd been out shooting baskets after practice and Liz had come by. She walked by his house a lot lately. "I'm so horrible at basketball" she had laughed and he'd just shrugged, saying it's not too hard. He tossed her the ball, smiling, and she tossed it towards the hoop. Her form was similar to Isabel's as the ball came nowhere near the hoop and Max couldn't help but laugh. "I told you.." Liz had laughed, embarassed and Max just shook his head. He brought the ball back to her and stepped behind her.

"I'll show you," he mumbled quietly. She felt his breath in her ear, on her neck and felt his strong arms move around her. She turned her head around to face him and their faces slowly moved towards each other. Who knows what would have happened had Isabel not interuppted. "Max - dinner's ready," she'd announced loudly, stunned and a bit bothered by the site in front of her. From her vantage point, Max had his arms wrapped around Liz from behind and their faces were tilted towards each other - mere centimeters apart.

"Max what was going on out there?" she had demanded as she pulled two plates out of the cupboard. "Nothing," Max had shrugged but Isabel knew that something had indeed occurred outside. She'd insisted that she'd seen something and he again had just shaken his head. "I was giving her a basketball lesson," he had protested but Isabel had persisted. "That may be what you call it,"

Max had cut her off again before she could say another word. "Isabel nothing was going to happen - it's no big deal," he had assured.

Isabel just stared at her brother with her arms folded across her chest. "Then why are you putting the orange juice up in the cupboard?"

Max shook his head at the memory. The memory of he and Liz so close. His arms wrapped around her body, guiding her arms, his face so close to her neck, he'd been able to inhale the scent of her shampoo and all he'd wanted to do was to reach out and stroke her hair, to bring his mouth down on the neck he was so close to. He'd been so close to her then. He'd felt like he could do anything. Then she'd turned around and looked at him and he'd known she felt the same way.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.