FanFic - Max/Liz
"The Walls Come Crumbling Down"
Part 12
by FordonBuffy44
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the writers, producers or cast of Roswell. I only wish I did.
Summary: Secrets and emotions are revealed as Max and Liz give in to their feelings for each other.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the follow up to my first story Not So Secret Admirer and the sequel to that Get in the Game. Reading them before this would probably be wise. Feedback Please!
Third period Liz had a computer science course and though she did have a rather large assigment due at the end of the week she didn't give the thought of not seeing Max a second thought. She'd never been to the eraser room and as she walked down the hallway towards it she couldn't help but feel a little nervous. Max was inside and waiting for her, his mouth turned up at the corners when he saw her come quietly through the door.

"You got my note," he said softly and she just nodded her head, reaching into her pocket and pulling out the ten dollar bill

"You uh...you forgot the tip," she attempted to be serious and contained the grin forming on her face and Max just smiled. He slowly walked over towards her.

"Sorry," he mumbled, "how's this?" his face drifted close to hers and his lips gently brushed against hers as he moved his hands to her face. He continued to kiss her lightly and an image suddenly entered Liz's mind. Two small children wandering through a desert. There was a flash of headlights and she immedietly recognized one of them as Max. She drew away from him quickly. "What?" he asked, a sense of concern in his voice.

"There's two of you," she said breathlessly and Max looked at her, more than confused.

"What?"

"I saw -"

"You got a flash?" he questioned and she nodded her head vigorously. "What'd you-"

"You," Liz replied quickly. "You and someone else...walking through the desert," she finished. "There's two...you're not the only one are you?" Liz challenged and Max was quiet. He knew what she meant. "Were you just going to lie to me?" she seemed hurt at the thought.

"No, no," Max assured quickly, "I swear to you...that's why I asked you to come here," Max sat down slowly. "Isabel and Michael," he blurted out and Liz looked at him wide-eyed.

"They're..." she began to say and Max just nodded his head. "Then you did lie to me," she mumbled, more to herself than to Max, walking over to the corner.

"I didn't," Max got up and walked over to her, lifting his hand to her cheek. "I said no one else knew and that's the truth..." his voice cracked. "You're the only person we've ever told, we've ever trusted..." Max was speaking on their behalf and Liz knew it.

"They trust me?" she inquired curiously and Max looked down at the ground.

"They will," he whispered. "They'll get to know you...like I do and they will."

"So right now..." Liz's voice drifted. "Right now they're...is that why Michael was looking at me like that in English?" Liz recalled the suspicious look Michael had given her after the bell and she turned her eyes to meet his gaze. Max looked disturbed by the comment, he'd seen Michael's glare too.

"What do they - hate me now?" Liz was bothered by the idea and Max knew it. She'd been getting along relatively well with Michael and Isabel as of recently. Not great, their relationship could never be classified as great, but lately it had seemed that neither had resented her friendship with Max as much. It had even seemed that their was a bit of flirtation between Michael and Maria, but then again with those two you could never tell. "Max, I haven't told anyone," Liz assured him and he just nodded his head.

"That's what I told them," he shrugged, "but they're just..." his voice drifted. "They have problems trusting people," he told her honestly and she looked up to him, realizing even more everything that he'd done in telling her about him. He'd risked not only his life, but lifelong friendships. For her.

Part 11 | Index | Part 13
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.