FanFic - Max/Liz
"The Walls Come Crumbling Down"
Part 10
by FordonBuffy44
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the writers, producers or cast of Roswell. I only wish I did.
Summary: Secrets and emotions are revealed as Max and Liz give in to their feelings for each other.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: This is the follow up to my first story Not So Secret Admirer and the sequel to that Get in the Game. Reading them before this would probably be wise. Feedback Please!
"Max, reallly - I have to go to Spanish," Liz giggled as Max grabbed her by the arm before she could turn the corner into the Spanish room.

"Okay," he smiled, drawing her towards him for one last kiss. Liz pulled away midway through the kiss.

"I'm like the only person to ever experience this..." she said, a far-off starry look in her eyes.

"What?" Max smiled as he rested his hand on her cheek.

"Being kissed by an al-" Liz caught herself, "by a..." Liz couldn't think of another word. "You know-"

"By someone not-of-this-earth?" Max said quietly and she just nodded her head. "So how is it?" He smiled, stepping away from her and leaning back on a locker. She grinned at the comment, at Max's sudden playfulness. It was like he was a completely different person than the Max she'd known just five days ago.

"I have to go to class," she shook her head smilng and Max just nodded his head.

"I'll see you in English," he began to back down the hall and the door to the Spanish room slammed shut as Liz disappeared behind it. Max was grinning widely as he edged his way down the hall when suddenly he collided with someone. Embarassed, and a bit humiliated he spun around only to be met by his sister.

"We have to talk, Max," she commanded and Max just looked at her, the smile disappearing from his face. "Now."

Michael was already in the eraser room, waiting for Max and Isabel to arrive. Isabel dragged her brother through the door and Max looked around cautiously. Not solely because he was going in with his sister - yes the rumor mill would be spinning then - but because of the fear that someone would see him going inside. Not with Liz.

"Why are we meeting in here?" Max asked awkwardly as he looked around at the tiny and cramped room. "I'v'e never been in here," he said to no one in particular as he walked around slowly and Isabel rolled her eyes.

"Well you'll be here soon at the rate you're going with Liz," she mumbled and Max grew silent.

"We're not...I don't know what you've heard but-"

"I saw you two outside the Spanish classroom ten minutes ago - was enough to make me gag," Max seemed a bit embarassed by the comment. By the fact that Isabel had seen them.

"What is this? You and Liz?" Michael suddenly butted into the conversation, "I thought we had agreed not to -"

"No, you two agreed - you made the decision without me. I mean I can't help it, it's like...I'm - I'm happy now. Can't you understand that?"

"I understand that you're forgetting who you are," Michael shook his head. "You can't be together," Michael stated matter of factly, "physically." Max looked down at the ground, but Michael continued. "You're not even the same species."

"Max, we trusted you," Isabel stayed closer to the problem that was bothering her the most. "I trusted you. I stuck up for you when Michael didn't. I mean - you promised-"

"I never promised any-" Max began to defend himself.

"Yes you did- you promised you'd never do anything that would put us in any kind of danger," Michael argued and Max opened up his mouth to protest, to say that they weren't in danger, but Isabel cut him off. It was like a tag-team, between Michael and Isabel. Max would say one thing and then one after another they'd both attack him.

"Being friends is one thing, close friends is.. is fine," Isabel said though she didn't seem to think of it as 'fine'. "We don't what can even happen when...when you kiss her - when you...." Isabel's voice drifted and Max was silent. He couldn't tell Isabel about the visions. Not now - not with her like this. So upset. "Point is, Max - you don't know -"

"Isabel, we can trust her," Max stated firmly and the words were no sooner out of his mouth than he caught himself and realized what he'd said. What he'd revealed in saying them.

"Trust her with what..." Isabel didn't want to believe what she was suspecting. Max wouldn't go that far. He wouldn't have told Liz. He couldn't have. That wasn't like, Max. Max was trustworthy, someone both she and Michael could always rely on. Someone they could both have faith in to always be there. As strong as ever. Max was motionless in the corner, and his eyes shifted nervously about. "I don't believe you," Isabel almost started crying right there and Max just stood with his hands at his side.

"Isabel, it's okay," he started to assure and comfort her, but she quickly wiped the tears that had fallen from her face.

"It's not okay, Max. You're risking our lives!" she fired.

"But we can trust her, Iz. It's not as big a problem as you think it -"

"It's selfish is what it is!" Isabel spat angrily, "we had a pact, Max. Do you know how many times I've wanted to tell mom? You have no idea! Everyday for the last ten years. But I haven't. I haven't because it was something the three of us agreed on. We never tell anybody. We -"

"I couldn't just lie to her. She saw things, things about us - I couldn't just let them-"

"What do you mean she saw things?" Michael suddenly interuppted.

"She had visions. She saw our language," Max looked towards his friend in an attempt to convince him. "And this constellation in the sky. She said it was a V or something - this is a good thing -"

"A good thing?" Isabel looked at her brother not with admiration like she always did, but this time with disgust. "I don't believe you," she repeated and Max was silent. "Out of the three of us I always thought it was you we could count on most." She looked over to Max, who had been standing in the same spot since they'd started talking. He'd hardly flinched. Isabel looked hard at him, almost squinting her eyes as she backed towards the exit. Michael brushed past her and stormed outside, drawing the headphones back over his head. Isabel stood there, rooted to the spot. She shook her head as she stared over at him. "Who are you?"

Part 9 | Index | Part 11
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.