Fanfic - Max/Liz
"The Boatman"
Part 1
by Adian
Disclaimer: Characters created by Melinda Metz/ Jason Katims (I only own the characters I create.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Author's Note: I was supposed to be writing a mythology paper and this is what happened. I just put this out there never expecting anyone to like it. This wasn’t supposed to go any farther than part one.
Whoever said it was better to have love and lost than to have never loved at all obviously never lost his love.

I loved. I lost. How is this better? Knowing what I have truly lost. Knowing I’ll never be truly alive again. Knowing I extinguished the light in his amber gaze. I’ll never hear his voice whispering in my ear powerful enough to shatter my body with a word. Never again will I feel his touch the only balm for my soul. His arms will never hold me in the only home I’ve ever known.

I ache for the other half of my soul. What was left behind has withered and died. Nothing to fill the gaping hole inside. Innocence can’t be recaptured once it has been destroyed. It is gone forever. I destroyed his innocence, his love.

I found my soul only to destroy it. How can a person live without a soul? The living dead I’ve become.

I was shot. I died. He healed me. I’ve lived on borrowed time long enough. The boatman has arrived. It is time to pay the boatman. I cross his palm with silver.

Three…..

Two…..

One.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.