FanFic - Max/Liz
"Epiphanies 2: The Anasazi Road"
Part 17
by Carol
Disclaimer: I would be the happiest woman on Earth if I owned any of these people, but sadly, only Josh, the Holbrooks, and Paul Hernandez are mine.
Summary: This is the sequel to EPIPHANIES 1: The Ties That Bind. It picks up the evening of the Evans barbeque that ended the first story. Here, Max and Liz must come to terms with a shocking revelation about Liz and her Grandma Claudia. They search the past among Native American ruins and history to find the truth and each other.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
Authors Note: I have done extensive research on the Anasazi for this fic. Most of what you will read is either factual or widely accepted speculation. I have, on occasion, filled in a gap or made an assumption that suits my purposes. The alien connection, of course, is my own Roswell-loving imagination.
"Who is they?" asked Max and Liz at once.

"Your grandmother has told you a great deal about what we know of the two factions of Anasazi resulting from the Voyan visitors. And I know you have her journals. You're also aware that the conflict is still being fought here, on Earth. If those trying to overthrow the Voyan government get their hands on this thing--a powerful symbol to your people, Max--they may have access to highly sensitive information, not to mention it will give them an emotional, but persuasive argument that they are meant to take over.

"They may or may not know that you are the Voyan leader, Max, but I didn't expect them to find you so soon. This may not be a good idea. I think maybe I should take you back."

"No!" Max looked as though he had even startled himself with the passion of his answer. He lowered his voice. "I can't go back. I finally have a chance to resolve this thing and get some answers about my own life. I have to do this. But take Liz back. She shouldn't be here."

"Max, no!" protested Liz. "I stay with you. Period."

"I'm afraid Liz is right, Max. It has to be both of you. We never detected you alone. It was only when you let Liz in and formed a bond that this became a substantive force to be dealt with. I feel sure it is only together that you can do this."

Max looked into Liz's eyes, searching for any sign of doubt or fear. There was only what he always saw there, mirroring what her soul had always held for him--love, loyalty, commitment. He turned in his seat and cupped her face in his hands. He kissed her gently, and knew. They were in this--together--all the way.

Part 16 | Index | Part 18
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.