FanFic - Max/Liz
"THE LATEST ARRIVAL"
Part 4
by Giselle
Disclaimer: Roswell, the characters, and situations are owned by the WB. No infringement intended.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG-13
“It was him, Max, I saw him, in the cave, when I touched him, I got flashes, from his life, his past, I could feel it. I’m telling you Max, it was him, it was Nasedo.” she told Max, while he sat at his desk, in his bedroom. “If it was him, what would he be doing back here?” Max asked.

“I don’t know. Maria said he was here visiting relatives.” she informed him. “Do you think he means us?” he asked her, as he looked up at her with hope in his eyes. “Wouldn’t he had said something to me?” she asked. “I don’t know. Maybe he was scared.” “Should we try and get in touch with him? Find him? We can’t just sit here and do nothing.” she insisted. “I agree, Iz, but we can’t just run out and go on a man hunt, and I use that term loosely, I mean, we don’t even know where he’s staying, he could be anywhere.”

“ Well, there are only so many hotels here in Roswell.” she said. “No, he wouldn’t be at a hotel, someone could trace him back to it.” Max told her as he looked down at the floor, thinking. He looked up at her and said, “He would probably stay somewhere familiar, somewhere where he can’t be traced, somewhere where he doesn’t have to use an alias.” he explained to her, as he got up and looked at the purple pendant on her necklace, the one from the reservation. “River Dog.” Isabel whispered, holding her pendant in her hand. She looked into Max’s eyes, about to cry, as she asked, “Do you know what this means?”

“Yes.” he said as he hugged her. He pulled away and said, “We can’t tell Michael.” “Why? He should know, Max. He’s more desperate to find him then we are.” she informed him. “I know. But, you know how Michael is; he’ll run off and do something crazy. We’ll just wait till we’re ready.” “What about Jenna?” she asked. “No, we can’t tell her either. She’s still adjusting now, this might scare her.” he told her. “Then we’ll just keep it between us. That means, no Liz” she told him. He looked at her disappointed, “You’re right. It probably be best if she didn’t know right away either.”

Jenna walked down the crowded hallway holding her books against her chest. She passed by a group of teenage boys crowded around one’s locker. One boy looked up and caught his eye on Jenna, and then began to follow her, leaving his friends behind. He walked up beside her and said, “Hi. You’re new here, right?” as he flashed her a smile. “Yea.” she replied, as she smiled at him.

“I’m Justin.” he introduced himself. “I’m Jenna.” she told him. “Aren’t you in my journalism class?” he asked her. “Yea.” “Well, I haven’t found a subject to interview yet. I was wondering if I could interview you.” he asked. “Why?” she asked as she smiled. “Why not?” he said with a smile. “We can do it during lunch.” he quickly said before she could object, then walked back towards his friends.

Josh sat in an empty classroom by himself writing in his notebook. Isabel walked in the classroom and spotted him, she slowly walked in his direction and sat in the seat next to him. “Hi” she said, nervous, with a small smile. “Hey” he said, uninterested and angry, looking down at his notebook. “Can we talk?” she asked. “What do you want to talk about?” he asked. She hesitated at first, she became nervous and couldn’t speak; her heart began pounding rapidly. She had never felt this way before. “Us” she finally said. He looked up from his notebook and looked into her eyes. “I was thinking about what you said, at the Crashdown…” “Look, I didn’t mean to be so harsh, I was really upset, and…” He became lost in her eyes and forgot what he was saying.

“No one’s ever made me feel this way before” she told him. “I’ve never felt this way about anyone. But I like feeling this way, and I don’t want to stop feeling this way.” she continued. “And I know I hurt you, but you have to understand, that wasn’t my intention. I just wanted to have fun, you know, be friends. I never thought you’d feel this way about me, or I would ever feel this way about you. I just didn’t want to get too close.” she told him. “Why?” he asked. “Why can’t I get close to you? Why can’t I be with you? I don’t understand.” “It’s too complicated.” she told him. “Just try and understand, please. It has nothing to do with you, Josh. This is the way I am, and I’ll always be this way. I can’t change.” she said sadly, her voice trembling. “You can. You can change, you just haven’t tried. “ He looked into her eyes, as he asked softly with hope, “Don’t you want to be with me?”

She began to shed small tears and whispered softly, “Yes” He leaned in closer to her and wiped away a tear with his hand and ran his hand across her cheek, as he leaned in and kissed her. Isabel became helpless, she couldn’t resist, she couldn’t pull away, and she didn’t want to, suddenly she began to kiss him back. Her lips began to tremble and she began to shake. Her heart was racing and she felt the butterflies in her stomach for the first time. They sat in the empty classroom together, holding each other as they kissed.

Email Author | Back to FanFic Page
Max - Liz
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.