FanFic - Max/Liz
"In the Forgotten Shadows of the Mind "
Part 1
by Precious1979
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Roswell characters that appear in this story. They belong to Melinda Metz, Jason Katims and the other members of the WB network.
Summary: Liz and Max’s happy life in New York is postponed by yet another catastrophe. To give away any more info., would spoil the story.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Please read the story. I promise that you will like it. This will probably be relatively long. We’ll see how long my inspiration holds out. I love music by Shania Twain and Maxwell, so you should see lyric from some of their tunes, to set the mood to the story. Thank you Linda and Meredith, for your stories that I have enjoyed. I hope that you read and enjoy mine.
When I first saw you, I saw love.
the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love...
Shania Twain - You're still the one.

Liz relaxed on the lounge chair out on the terrace of her and Max's apartment late that night. Max was already asleep, but Liz could never go to bed without completing her nightly ritual. She looked down at the leather bound journal that contained so many of her thoughts, emotions and important events that have happened over the past years. Lighting the candle on the snack table to her left, she finally lifted the book into her lap. That was when Liz noticed the bulk within it. She hesitated for a moment before opening to see what it was...a yellow rose. A large smile played on her lips as Liz picked up the flower and brought it up to her nose. Max was always doing things like that, leaving constant reminders that he loved her. Not that Liz really needed them. Everytime she looked into those chocolate brown soulful eyes of his, she knew exactly how he felt. Placing the rose in her lap, she opened onto a new page and began her latest entry:

'Dear Journal,

I'm Liz Parker and today has just been one of those days, where the stress of all the things you need to do, never seems to leave you. It has been like that since I started my medical internship a month ago, at the local hospital in Manhattan. The only thing that has kept me going in all of this is Max. He has been my 'rock' and my support through everything. I look forward to coming home at night to feel him next to me...to be in his arms... Thank the forces who allowed this wonder of a man to step into my life.

That's what tomorrow is all about. Celebration. It was four years ago tomorrow, that Max Evans saved my life...in more ways than one. He healed me with just the touch of his hands and I fell in love with him at the same time. Is that possible? To fall in love with someone after knocking on Death's door? Well, that's exactly what happened to me.

I have heard it said, that 'relationships based on extreme circumstances never last', but I can prove that proverb wrong. Just look at all Max and I have come through so far...running from the FBI, Czechoslovakian women trying to break us apart, torture, death! One thing that we have learnt after everything is that nothing can keep us apart,... nothing!'

A chill came over Liz at that moment, causing her body to tremble. 'What was that all about?' she wondered, but relaxed once again, placing it all in the back of her mind as merely the wind and the coolness of the night. Closing her journal, Liz looked up at the carpet of stars that filled the night sky. She often wondered if Max still thought about his home planet and leaving Earth. He seemed content with his life as it is now, with her...at college, and away from Roswell, but he had to think...she knew he did.

She closed her eyes but a moment later she felt, rather than saw Max come up behind her. "I thought you were asleep." she remarked with a smile.

"I missed you next to me." he stated with that deep voice of his, in a soft whisper. He looked down admiringly at her. Liz was his...she always had been. Everytime he looked at her, his heart would skip a beat. Sitting down on the lounge chair beside her, he bent down to take her soft lips with his own in a tender kiss. The flashes came as they usually did, and Max leaned away from her with a slight frown as he looked into her now opened eyes.

"Why do you question how I feel about our life here?" his tone worried.

Liz raised her palm to his cheek and keeping eye contact, she replied, "I'm not questioning our life my love. I just know how much finding out about your other life means to you..."

"...meant to me." Max interrupted, " That's the past now Liz. Michael, Isabel and I know about the prophecy and all the destiny that they had laid out for us, and we tried to fulfil it. But it didn't feel right, and we had no way of getting back to that planet. You are my destiny Liz and I love our life here...together...the way it is supposed to be. Don't ever doubt that."

"I wouldn't." she whispered tenderly, then leaned forward in his arms as they embraced. She loved him,...now and always.

"So what do you have planned for tomorrow?" Liz asked, leaning back in the lounge chair.

"Oh, nothing much. You know…" Max replied, trying to keep a straight face.

"Come on Max, just a hint...pleeeease!"

Max stared at the puppy dog expression that lay across Liz's face. He could never keep anything from her, no matter how hard he tried...but not this time. He wanted her completely surprised by his plans for tomorrow. He smiled down at her, "Just make sure you get home by six o'clock tomorrow." was all he told her.

"I have that all worked out already...nothing is going to keep me away from you tomorrow. I just wish tomorrow would hurry up and get here already."

"Well then, “ He started, and in one swift movement, Max lifted Liz off of the lounge chair and into his arms as he stood up. " the faster we get to bed...."

Liz leaned her head into his shoulders and giggled all the way into the bedroom. This was her life, ...and she loved every aspect of it.

Index | Part 2
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.