FanFic - Max/Liz
"Returning to Normal"
Part 11
by GirlInterrupted
Disclaimer: I, in no way, am associated with the actors, writers, producers, etc. of Roswell. The rights to the show belong to: 20th Century Fox, Jason Katims, the WB, etc.
Summary: Takes place after ‘End of the World.’ *Contains Spoilers* A turning point in Max and Liz’s relationship.
Category: Max/Liz
Rating: PG
Authors Note: Thanks to everyone who has enjoyed reading my story. All types of feedback is appreciated!
“Is that everything?” Mrs. Parker asked.

We had been loading up all my boxes and clothes into a truck for the past half an hour.

“What do you mean is that everything, we’ve got about half the mall in the truck!” My father joked.

“Hey! I don’t have that much stuff!” I playfully punched him in the arm.

“Wait! Here’s one more thing.” Alex said, coming from the inside of the Crashdown.

“What else could she possibly have?” Maria laughed.

“I found these two hiding out in one of the back booths.”

Alex moved and Isabel and Michael appeared out from behind him. I looked over at Maria, and I saw a brief look over hope in her eyes. Michael looked at her, and smiled. I saw, in that instant, that he really did love her. He could deny it, and hide it all he wanted, but the truth is, Michael loved Maria.

“We just came to say goodbye.” Michael spoke up. “And, to give you this.”

He reached out his hand and gave me a small box. Like the one Alex had given me. I opened it up, and gasp. It was a necklace. A silver chain with a small charm on it. I smiled when I saw the charm, it was a small alien head on it.

“Thank you.” I hugged them both.

Isabel immediately wrapped her arms around me, and after a moment Michael did too. I had never been that close to either of them, but at this moment, I realized how much I loved them both.

“Goodbye.” I said, releasing them.

“Okay, honey. The truck should arrive at Aunt Sandra’s house next Tuesday. Did you bring enough stuff to take on the plane to last you till then?” Dad asked.

“Yeah, I set them in the car already.” I put my purse on my shoulder.

“Okay, well, we should get going. We need to make it to Albuquerque by 2 p.m.” My mother called from the side of the truck.

I walked over to where Alex and Maria were standing.

“Goodbye Alex.” I hugged him tighter than I ever had before.

“I love you.” He said, from somewhere inside my hair.

“I love you too.”

I unwrapped my arms from him, gave him a smile, then I moved on to Maria.

“Don’t say goodbye. Just say, I’ll see ya later.” She bit her lip to hold in her tears.

“I’ll see ya later,” I hugged her. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” She sniffed. “Call me as soon as you get there, girl.”

I walked over to the back of the car, and opened the door. I turned around and saw Michael had his arm around Maria, and Alex had his arm around Isabel. The big knot in my stomach loosened. Everything is going to be alright.

“Don’t forget to write!” Alex yelled.

I sat down in the back seat, and waited for my parents to shut their doors. I sighed and leaned back on my seat. Here we go.

“Everyone buckled up?” My dad asked.

“Yeah.” Mom and I said in unison.

I took one last look at my friends, and gave them a smile. I turned my head, and something caught my eye in the alley beside the Crashdown.

Max. He was standing there, looking at me. Our eyes met, and stayed that way for a few moments. My heart broke all over again.

“You ready Lizzie?” My mom asked.

I looked away from Max, and gave my mom a small smile.

“I’m ready.” I sighed, but it meant something else to me than it did to her.

I looked back to the alley but he was gone.

This was it. This was my return to normal.

Part 10 | Index
Max/Liz | Michael/Maria | Alex/Isabel | UC Couples | Valenti | Other | Poetry | Crossovers | AfterHours
Crashdown is maintained by and . Design by Goldenboy.
Copyright © 1999-2004 Web Media Entertainment.
No infringement intended.